Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Non-Scale Victories

To shop in normal size clothing stores

Not constantly thinking about food

Not looking at my chubby face in the hairdresser cape

Not wanting to be lazy all the time

Not needing to sit in the “special” seat at special events

Feel fun and confident in my bathing suit

To be able to tie my shoes easily

Hopefully not spilling as much food/sauces on my front while eating

No worries when sitting in a movie theater

No worries when going on a airplane trip

Being able to find nylons/pantyhose that don’t roll down

Crossing my legs and not feeling awkward

Being able to buy a pair of thigh-high boots that actually close

Walking to the parking lot after working my 12 hr shift without feeling like I was dying from the pain in my feet.

Going to a conference and not fearing the chairs will have arms on them.

Buying one meal at a resturant and eating it for 3 days.

Not having to check my blood sugars 4 times a day and having my fastings less than 90 on a daily basis.

I LOVED THIS. Thank you for sharing it. Left me with several smiles.

Sending this along friends to read. One of my supporters in OA is in therapy..doing headwork...for food addiction. Her most recent activity was to write a letter saying goodbye to her most addictive food and that is donuts. So here is her letter.

Dear Donuts and all Your Friends, At one time in my life, you served a

really good, nice purpose. You tasted good. At another time in my life,

you served another purpose - you satisfied my hunger. At yet other

times, you satisfied a sugar craving. As time went on, You and Your

Friends didn't taste good, satisfy my hunger or sweet tooth....No, that

stopped. You tricked me and made me become dependent on having you in my

life - not just having you in my life, but having you in my life in

excess. You and Your Friends starting playing with my mind so that my mind

obsessed and one was too many, and 2, 3, 4, 10 was never enough. You

aren't good, you aren't a friend, you aren't a food that helps me in my

life, physically, mentally or spiritually. When a friend is no longer

treating me with respect and kindness, guess what? ADIOS!!! If a friend hit

me, I'd end the relationship. Well, in your own ways, you have hit me,

and hit me hard, and I've allowed you to do this over and over

and over again. No more! So it is time to say good-bye and good luck

to you. While you served me well, or so I thought, for many years, You

and Your Friends are no longer my friends and no longer serve me well.

Instead, you make me sick to my stomach, you make me want to eat You in

excess, You give me heartburn and indigestion. You cause my weight to

rise to unhealthy levels and my clothes not to fit. You cause me to hate

myself for not treating myself well and eating with dignity and

respect for myself. You get in my brain and won't leave, hounding me again

and again, you won't shut up, you stay there and haunt me. I've let you

make me spend inordinate amounts of money to have You. I almost let you

give me high cholesterol and diabetes......and you would if you

could!!! Thank God I avoided that, no thanks to you. It is time that our

relationship end, here and now. Farewell and good luck to you. J

Hey, Guys! I've been having a lot of fun reading the new posts. How neat are the NSV?

How about not having to take a ton of ibuprofen/aleve just so your knees/feet don't hurt too much to function? Or...

Taking your blood pressure in a Target/Walmart and its normal???

I have lots...but anyhow!

Did you all see the weather forecast for tomorrow??? CRAP! Not sure I'll be present for the RR....:) I've only missed one....{sniff, sniff} But, after last months trip home, I think I'll listen to the forecast. Of course, things can change quickly here, so who knows until tomorrow.

Have a great night all!

Hey Peeps!

I got my card for Dr. K yesterday! It was difficult to find one. There were so many that I could have chosen! BUT I wanted it to say something about how he's changed people's lives in such a positive way.

Also guys, the price of stamps is increasing soon, I'm not sure of the date, BUT if you buy the "forever stamps" you can pay 41cents forever!

Just thought I'd remind everyone! I think the 'forever stamps' are great!

Love you all!

dee~

Hey, Guys! I've been having a lot of fun reading the new posts. How neat are the NSV?

How about not having to take a ton of ibuprofen/aleve just so your knees/feet don't hurt too much to function? Or...

Taking your blood pressure in a Target/Walmart and its normal???

I have lots...but anyhow!

Did you all see the weather forecast for tomorrow??? CRAP! Not sure I'll be present for the RR....:thumbup: I've only missed one....{sniff, sniff} But, after last months trip home, I think I'll listen to the forecast. Of course, things can change quickly here, so who knows until tomorrow.

Have a great night all!

Anita!

I hope the weather cooperates with you! I understand why you wouldn't want to chance it!

I missed my friend's funeral in ABQ because of the weather forecast, I just couldn't take the chance of being on the Raton pass in a snow storm.

I hope others will make it!

John is going to join us too!

Can't wait to see everyone!

Okay, here's the final decision...I won't be there tonight.:blink: The forecast does not appear good, so...I'll be aiming for next month. Sorry! Hope, hope, hope someone takes pictures!

Hello All

*Thanks for the tip on the forever stamp. Will do. .41 cents seems fair to me.

Weather out there? Here in Florida the west coast (where I live) we are getting pummeled with rain sweeps. It's spring for sure.

Got word on the card thing happening for the good doc. Taking care of that ASAP.

NWV

Walking briskly from my car to my classroom not looking for the shortest route, with a low incline.

Walking from one end of the campus to the other and not needing to stop and rest.

Walking on my feet in the morning without pain.

Sitting crosslegged on my bed, comfortably.

Going off my diabetes medication and seeing my numbers staying low.

Having my husband tell me I don't snore like I use to.

Grabbing ANYTHING in the closet and having it slide on, even the 'skinny' clothes, so there is no feeling of dread when I get dressed.

Hi

Back from Red Robin. We had a small group tonight - John, Dee and myself. Woofay thanks for letting us know. We had them save a large table and enjoyed it for the three of us. John has almost lost 100 pounds since last August. I am flabbergasted (I think that is how you spell it) - just amazed. Dee is well on the way to recovery and doing really well in the weight loss department. Way to go Banditos! We all took a box home with us, man, times have changed.

The three of us sign a Dr. K card that I brought, then Dee is going to include our picture from tonight in it. Thanks Dee!

That's it from Red Robin.

I love the NSV's and want to add -

Looking good in a belted outfit

Having plenty of seat room in an airplane

Feel confident being me when I enter a room and instead of wanting to hide

I think there are lots more, but those come to mind.

Hugs all, hope more of you can make it to RR next month.

Michelle

Okay, here's the final decision...I won't be there tonight.:crying: The forecast does not appear good, so...I'll be aiming for next month. Sorry! Hope, hope, hope someone takes pictures!

We missed you Anita!

It was just three of us! Mal, we missed you too!

Michelle, John and Me! We took a picture and I'll try to get it downloaded onto my computer and then if I can email it to you or someone who knows how to put it on here. That would be great!

Thanks and I'm glad you're safe and sound at home!

I'm so sad that I missed tonight. :teeth_smile: I'm glad that you took some pictures, Dee. I can't wait to see them. I didn't watch the news tonight so I don't know how the weather from here to there was. Did ya order something good? I missed my tortilla Soup and salad. Rats. John is down 100 lbs! Wow, how great is that! Definately wanna see the pics just to see! You've been banded a month now, too, Dee. I'm sure the loss is starting to show! And Michelle with her fountain of youth, gets better, thinner and younger looking every month! And where was everyone else tonight? Mal? Mare? Bookholder? Has anyone heard anything from Marilyn? And Brandy is broken. Sorry to hear that, by the way. Everyone will be so skinny next month I won't recognize them!

Maybe even Lap Dancer will gather with us next month???

Well, I'm hitting the hay. This job is kicking my butt, plus I got a speeding ticket today and I'm irritated as heck about it. (haven't had one of those since I was 20)

Good evening, All!:crying:

Okay Guys, Someone has to tell me how to put the picture up.

Please?

Thanks!

dee~

I've been occasionally reading and am thrilled with all the bandito progress I'm reading about. Can't wait to see the RR pictures!

My son had to be hospitalized last week against his will. Teen hormones + 6' 300 lb son+ autism + mom attempting to restrict his computer activities = a very dangerous family crisis. I have learned that the mental health/developmental disabilities system in my state is a heart-breaking nightmare to navigate when one has an advocate, and is impossible when you don't have the mental/cognitive resources. As one of the police officers told me, it's obvious why 90+% of the homeless population have mental issues. After 24+ hours in the ER trying to find a decent hospital to treat him, and sending him 4 hours away to a supposedly "great" facility and traveling back and forth to participate in his care as requested, I can see why some parents give up. But I won't. Even when the hospital physician won't communicate with me; even when no one will accept our insurance -- I will keep advocating for my child. Thank God for FMLA -- even when the physicians pass the buck on who is responsible for completing it. On a positive note, my husband is finally seeing the light and participating in his son's life in a healthy way and my sister has been there for my younger son. Now that my son also has a depression diagnosis, we are hopefully getting access to services -- some one-on-one social skills time for my son to learn coping skills, medication changes and extensive individual and family therapy for us, even if the insurance company refuses to pay. FINALLY. We are starting to pick up the pieces.

Anyway, guys... you keep me going. Even if I've never met any of you, I live vicariously through you. Lap, I am thinking of you and your hubbie as you go toe-to-toe with the prostate cancer. Taynah, you're doing so good with your weight loss-- you inspire me! Dee -- you are so positive in all you do, no matter what comes your way. I feel hugs from you in your words. Thanks! Mal -- the rock of the thread with a heart of gold. You are the bomb. Woofay -- hang in there with the job and the family -- it's ok to say "no' sometimes and go listen to Josh Grobin and take a bubble bath, you deserve it! I swear I'm gonna learn to take my own advice at some point tee hee. Want2Be -- how are you and where have you been?? Michelle - you are so committed to taking every road necessary to a healthy mind and body; I have learned more from you than you'll ever know, just from the way you approach life and deal with obstacles. Brandy, LA, Green, Diva, Nicknaknut, Drews, John, all of you -- I am not out of words, just out of time and have another appointment this morning before work starts. If I don't post, you know why. But keep on keepin' on, my dear banditos. You are in my heart.

Karen

Shelbie~What a powerful post! I will PM you. Stay strong.

RR peeps~Sorry about missing another RR night, my son had a wrestling match (he decided to join the team at the last minute), so we weren't even sure if he was going to BA able to wrestle last night, but he did.

John~100lbs! YOWZAH! Way to go!

Woofay~sorry to hear about the speeding ticket

Happy Friday to all!!

Shelbi~ I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time. Mental illness runs deep in my family too, and I can assure you that Arizona is no better in treating the mentally ill. In fact, America is terribly negligent when it comes to caring for our mentally ill. We are "third world" in that respect. I admire your keep on keeping on! You go girl! I hope you get all the benifits and care for your son that you need. Sometimes we just have to let my Aunt run the streets because, as we've been told repeatedly by the police..."its not illegal to be insane." Nice. She has to hurt someone or herself before they do anything. (and this does happen) And the assistance from each incident is so minimal and short. We are so quick to raise money for cancer, heart disease, I just don't see a lot of fund raisers for the "Manic-schizophrenics" Good luck with everything~keep us posted and I'll keep you in my prayers!:crying: