Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

GC - Sorry - I didn't mean to step on any toes, this is your journey and I respect it. I still keep my family several arm lengths away from my journey. I don't want to hear positive or negative from them about what I am doing. I told them they were part of the problem for me. I didn't even have my mom come see me after surgery for two days. She was angry, but I had to do it. We seem to have come to a place of peace. I don't allow any weight loss, diet ad' nauseum, health issues discussions. It has been a very important boundary for me to set with them, and I guess they love me enough to abide by my wishes. Altho' everyone slips, including me. Then I have to shear up the boundary lines again. Good luck with your band. I wish you the best.

I am having my fill tomorrow. I was mixed up on the days.

Hugs all,

Michelle

Hey Ladies,

I was in Dr. K's office today having a fill with Tom and Marilyn was saying that Dr. K's 65th Birthday is March 16th. She said the office is having a card shower for him. She would like everyone who is/was or is going to be one of his patients to send a card to the office. She thought if would be nice to write how Dr. K and the lap-band has changed your life. They are going to make a scrap book for him of all the cards. She said send the cards no later than March 13th to:

Gerald Kirshenbaum, MD

1421 S Potomac #200

Aurora, CO 80012

:thumbup:

That's a great idea! AND I'm sure Dr. K would love it!

Thanks Liteweight for letting us know!

Maybe we can do a RR card from the gang.

Let's do it Michelle!

We could take a picture of ourselves! AND include it in the card!

What do you all think?

Hi ladies... I know I have been absentee for awhile. Sorry bout that. Just want to give everyone my 6 week post op update.

Time has flown by since surgery. Today my official weigh-in brought me to a total of 46.5 pounds lost. Awesome. It is hard to remember how miserable I was on liquids! lol. oatmeal is no longer the best tasting stuff on earth. It is just plain old oatmeal again.

The biggest changes for me right now:

~My tight 32's are now all loose

~My energy level has soared

~My appetite is non-existant

~Sugar no longer rules my life

I am still amazed that I have not had ice-cream in months. I really think the strict pre-op and the liquid post-op helped tremendously in kicking my sugar addiction. I had a cookie at work a few days ago and realized how easy it would be to fall back into the routine of consuming sugar after every meal. I really need to remain vigilant about that.

Things I need to improve on:

~Getting my daily Water intake up

~Eating more food (yes I feel like I eat too little)

~Adding exercise back into daily routine

My water intake has been sketchy at best. I am lucky if I get 32oz in a day. Today I guzzled one glass before I ate Breakfast to get started. On workdays it is easier to keep track because I keep my water bottle by my side. At home, I get a little lackadaisical about it.

I also have not picked back up on my 5K training. I have been more active around the house cleaning, painting, and re-organizing... but that should not keep me from getting out and going for a run for 45 minutes a day. I also need to start going to the gym and mixing things up so I don't get bored.

So that is where I am at right now. I go for my first fill tomorrow. I am not sure how I feel about that. I have been enjoying my weight loss without really having to alter my drinking with eating. I know I also still eat probably a bit too fast. That will all come to an end tomorrow. Time to really listen to my body and my band. Time to slow down. It will be interesting.

Woofay~ Congrats on Onederland girl. That is flipping awesome! WTG!

Also... I will send out a card to Dr K... love that idea! Thanks Liteweight.

Michelle, no worries, you did not step on my toes at all! I just wanted to explain why I felt the need to do the name change and all of that. I am glad that you have been able to set those boundaries with your family and come to peace with your mom. Thanks for sharing that with me. :thumbup:

Hey strangers!

I'm going in for an unfill this afternoon at 2:30.... will anyone else be there at that time? If so, say hi!

xoxox

Thanks for sharing liteweight!! I am all on board for the RR thing too.

LA: Sounds like your doing wonderful...if you don't feel like you need a fill yet, post-pone it. Keep up the great work!

Hey Ladies, REPOST

I was in Dr. K's office today having a fill with Tom and Marilyn was saying that Dr. K's 65th Birthday is March 16th. She said the office is having a card shower for him. She would like everyone She said send the cards no later than March 13th to:

Gerald Kirshenbaum, MD

1421 S Potomac #200

Aurora, CO 80012

:eek:

:rolleyes2::biggrin::tt2::biggrin:

Thanks so much for posting this. Let's all repost it.

Hello friends:

Update on me is I have gone up the scale a few pounds no doubt to the steroids I am now on. My body is not responding to antibiotics and my sinuses are so severe I have a crushing amount of pain. I am taking 1000 mg. of Naprosyn. At first it was most likely the strain going around at school as many had the same sickness but what it left is unknown. I am taking a 6, 5,4,3,2,1 extreme doseage of meds to reduce the inflammation in my head and force some type of relief. Working to some degree but I am already halfway through.

Phase II will be a C Scan of my sinuses and possibly schedule for a "probe" up my nose/sinuses to check out the problem and remove or scrape. Sounds rough but with the pain I don't really care. Knock me out and do it.

I have stayed at the Best Western in Aurora and love it. The front desk girl is really sweet. They have a full breakfast with Cereal fresh fruit and coffee/tea. Bagels and such, my husband enjoys that. They have a small indoor pool. A business center with a computer, one small room. It's nice and a good price with the medical discount. Only five minutes from Dr. K's office.

I will miss you all so very much on the 6th as I do each month that you meet. Colorado will forever hold a place in my heart as you have made it a wonderful second home for me. Hope to be out there in a few months. My fill is holding lovely..perhaps the longest I've experienced. I am experiencing shorter spans between hunger and meals an having a SLIGHT increase in volume before the "that's it" feeling kicks in but I still eat small portions and feel content at mealtime. Really a joy to be in this spot as I cannot recall ever truly enjoying food, looking forward to it and savoring each bite without wolfing it down, gulping my food and washing it down with 24 ounces of whatever is wet. Those days are long gone. In its place are lovely, long, savoring meals full of pauses with the fork on the table, leaning back and talking with my husband. I take in the scenery and people watch as well. I never understood all of the other perks that would appear as a result of having the Band.

Getting LOADS of compliments at work. Taking notice big time and today I got into a pair of capris that I was never able to wear. I bought them, they were atleast two to three sizes too small, miss sized, I saved them. I slid them on this morning and they had been washed and dried as well. What a buzz!!!!

So help me I will exercise. I have spotted a bike I plan to get. I'll tell you more about it and post photos when I get it.

Until next time, love and peace and happy journey to you all.

Patty

Lap, I know exactly what you mean! My daughter and I used to always eat on the run. She commented the other day, "I love that we set the table and sit down to eat each meal." Even breakfast! It's fun, we chat and laugh and talk about our day. Just like normal people!! HA!

Did you miss my question about your hubby's toothbrush? IF you accidently dropped it in the toilet would you have a hard time kissing you again?

See ya!

dee~

Drews - I go on Friday, so I hope your unfill worked today. Are you dropping weight and then need to get an unfill to accommodate it?

I am going to get a little more. I am still PB'ing some, but a lot less than before, so I think this is a good time.

Hugs all,

Should I get a great big card that we all can sign at Red Robin? or is that tacky? I love the picture idea.

Michelle

Lap, I know exactly what you mean! My daughter and I used to always eat on the run. She commented the other day, "I love that we set the table and sit down to eat each meal." Even breakfast! It's fun, we chat and laugh and talk about our day. Just like normal people!! HA!

Did you miss my question about your hubby's toothbrush? IF you accidently dropped it in the toilet would you have a hard time kissing you again?

See ya!

dee~

Hee Hee. I would toss it. He's a good man this guy of mine. He has seen me through the THIN and now THICK getting thin of it. Toilet be damned I'd go out and buy a new one...actually open the spare drawer and pull out a new one in it's package.

Hey strangers!

I'm going in for an unfill this afternoon at 2:30.... will anyone else be there at that time? If so, say hi!

xoxox

DREWS!!! Good to hear from you! I actually snuck in for a fill yesterday morning, I was out around 10:40ish...darn, I would have loved to chat at ya' for a few!

So how are you doing?