Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I agree Dee. There is a lot of poor medicine being practiced out there. But Dr. K is a star and is really the best in the land. He gets it and is there to support us all.

I am going for a fill tomorrow. I need and want it, if I can eat half a bag of popcorn without a problem. It is really hard to get the right balance. But I believe that I am on a journey and I have all you bandsters and Doctor K to support me. I am changing my self-concept which I find is especially challenging. Especially as I have held the extra weight for a long time. I appreciate my therapy appointments too. Once again, the trick there is to find a really good therapist who has your mental health foremost in her mind, not to feel powerful and tell you are lazy when you are trying really hard. I have obviously had this happen. This is a life changing process. I didn't understand that when I started, I just wanted to get the "monkey off my back." and quickly. But the slow loss gives me time to adjust to each new stage. It is working for me. I don't miss the weight I have lost.

Sorry to ramble. Hugs and see you all on the 6th.

Michelle

Yup Virdi, It is messed up! That's why they made the band adjustable. If they weren't supposed to adjust it, why did they put a port in! Didn't they used to have a band that didn't adjust? The Malone Band was a band that didn't adjust and a lot of people had problems with it. It's not used anymore.

Michelle! A good doctor is as good as a good therapist! I have only been to therapy for myself once. I have been to therapy for my marriage many times. When I was in college studying Psyc and Social Work/Counseling (yes, I was a nerd with a triple major) I went to therapy because that was part of the requirement of the B.A. I found it so helpful. I was such a mess at that time.

I think I really need to go to therapy again! The weight loss and the ending of my marriage is just a big struggle for me. The ex is trying to reconcile.

Thanks for the hug, I needed it!

OK, people. I have gotten all paranoid about my family finding out that I had lapband and stumbing across this. I signed up here, stupidly, using the same username that I use as my email address. It's pretty unique so they could figure it out. The reason for my paranoia...I know a girl who was recently mentioned in OH Magazine. That led people to her OH profile, which led them to her blog...and she got more attention than she was bargaining for.

Anyway, I have put in for a username change and I wanted to let everybody know that if you suddenly see "GreenChrysalis" here, that's me.

In other news, the zero appetite status has worn off and I get hungry now. But I am not starving, I am managing it just fine by making sure I get in all of my Protein. That's not to say I don't want other things -- my DH eats pizza rolls in front of me, how dare he -- but I don't eat them.

Okay.....here it is.....are you ready???!!!!

Today I saw Onederland!!!!!! :huh2::laugh::party::party::party::tongue2::smile2:

ANITA ROCKIN' THE ONDERLAND!!!!!!!!! You go girl!! That is onderful! I'm so proud of and happy for you! What are you going to treat yourself for reaching this milestone??

Congratulations Woofay! :smile2:

I hope you do something really nice for yourself to Celebrate. A pedicure, a massage or something like that to really pamper yourself...you deserve it!

Anita!!!

You are the Bomb!!!

Congrats!!!

:tongue2::huh2::laugh::smile2:

I'm so happy for you!!!

Thanks, Guys! I'm pretty excited! I haven't weighed this in over 12 years! Woo hoo! Chris and I treated ourselves to a Jeep Wrangler yesterday. He's always wanted one, and I've always wanted him to have one. And his last Jeep went into my tummy...so! It's not new...the new one's prices make me want ot faint! Heehee! It's been such a team effort between him and me...this is my reward! :smile2:

:unsure:waytogo.gif :wub:

Announcing ............

Anita, Miss Onederland!!!

Wow! You make me want to be a better bandster. Hugs to you. You go girl! Amazing. I'll bet you, honey and the jeep are on cloud 9.

Dee - I think I really need the therapy to get through the changes. I appreciate the support.

Green(Viri)Chrysalis??? - we gotta get a nickname for you. Don't worry about the family. This is your journey.

Well, I can't imagine being down 79 pounds like our Anita, but she does spur me on to greater losses instead of the status quo. Bless you .:blushing:

Michelle

YAY!! WOOFAY!!! You are such an inspiration to all of us. WAY TO GO!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:unsure::blushing::smile2:

:wub:(here you are driving your new jeep)

Michelle ~ it is my journey, you are right, but my emotional/compulsive eating is very much tied to family issues. They have not been supportive of past weight loss attempts and my parents especially do not support the idea of weight loss surgery of any kind. My relationship with them is difficult and fragile. So it would be very unpleasant were they to stumble upon anything.

As for nicknames, how about GC? It works for me. :blushing:

GC~

I know what you mean, I have not shared my surgery with my in-laws for the same reason, they are judgemental and always worried about our $$. It is really hard to be excited and know your changing only to have them make it difficult.

Dee~

Your doing so amazing!! I am proud of you!! I agree 100% with you regarding the fills. I have had 3, and my thought is that I paid all this $$ for my band, the least it can do is work for me!

Michelle~

Your so strong, I admire your positive attitude so much!! The way you take things in stride is awesome!! Your doing/looking so great as well!