Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Has anyone seen Tom yet? I go in on Thursday. I had an appt next week, but they bumped Hannah's surgery forward, so I wanted to get in earlier, just in case their was an issue!

Brandy-- I saw Tom last week and loved him. He is so gentle and caring. He took his time and asked me how I was doing and if there was anything else that I needed. I have scheduled my next fill with him as well. You will be in great hands. Best of luck to you and your daughter.:(

Viri - let us know again, sooner to when you'll be here, and perhaps we can meet an additional time to greet you. Mal and Mare and John and Dee (tied) all live very locally, others I am sure I forgot to name live close too. So we can do this. Our support get togethers have been really important for me, so we'd love to include you.

I am doing ok without BP meds, but my BP is creeping up without the diuretic and medication. This morning it was 154/94, which is higher than it has been. One more week of this, then I will be talking with my doc. It makes me nervous to have a chronic thing to monitor.

Hugs all - you newbies seem to be really doing well. Hurray!

Michelle

ah, Viri--way to crush a girls (day) dreams...but, on a serious note...i'm also local to the area and would love to get together...i have yet to join my first support group meeting but can't wait to get to the one in March!

Viri - let us know again, sooner to when you'll be here, and perhaps we can meet an additional time to greet you. Mal and Mare and John and Dee (tied) all live very locally, others I am sure I forgot to name live close too. So we can do this. Our support get togethers have been really important for me, so we'd love to include you.

I am doing ok without BP meds, but my BP is creeping up without the diuretic and medication. This morning it was 154/94, which is higher than it has been. One more week of this, then I will be talking with my doc. It makes me nervous to have a chronic thing to monitor.

Hugs all - you newbies seem to be really doing well. Hurray!

Michelle

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with your BP issues! Sounds like your trip to the ER was pretty serious. You're right, you were probably the healthiest person there, but still passing out was pretty scary. Maybe they can lower the dose of your med. I'm trying to find a happy-medium with my Metformin. I don't need it for my sugars. but I do for my periods. I've been off of it for over 1 month and this has been torture. Now I remember why I started it in the first place over 2 years ago. I hope my PCOS improves as I lose weight.

I have a questions for you and everyone else who is banded. I have a huge lump just above my biggest incision. I wasn't concerned until I read that someone had had an abcess. I figured it was just part of the swelling from surgery and the port's location.

I see Dr. K in a week for my first fill and a check up. Did anyone else have a big lump in that area?

My weight loss has stopped, but it's because of that T.O.M. I always gain weight during this time.

I think most of my swelling/restriction is gone. I'm not starving, but I am not lasting as long with small meals. I am going to return to my pre-op diet so that I don't gain what I've lost. I'll also stay satiated longer.

I put my meals into FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and found that I was consuming between 900-1100 cals a day.

Virid, how are you feeling? Are you sleeping well? I'd love to meet my fellow green-lover in person.

Brandy, Enjoying yourself is important. After Thursday, you can get back on track.

Anita, Looks like your tracker is moving. That's great!

Shel, Nice to hear from you! Come and post, let us help you stay on track! I know I need the assistance that only my fellow banders can offer!

Bahot, Thanks for clarifying the names of the new guys! Doug - student, Tom - PA! Got it!

Linz, A girl can always dream! Right?

Lap, Your pics are beautiful! thanks for sharing with us!

Mal, I love my journal. It's perfect for me. AND I esp. love what you wrote inside it.

See ya Ladies!

dee~

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with your BP issues! Sounds like your trip to the ER was pretty serious. You're right, you were probably the healthiest person there, but still passing out was pretty scary. Maybe they can lower the dose of your med. I'm trying to find a happy-medium with my Metformin. I don't need it for my sugars. but I do for my periods. I've been off of it for over 1 month and this has been torture. Now I remember why I started it in the first place over 2 years ago. I hope my PCOS improves as I lose weight.

I have a questions for you and everyone else who is banded. I have a huge lump just above my biggest incision. I wasn't concerned until I read that someone had had an abcess. I figured it was just part of the swelling from surgery and the port's location.

I see Dr. K in a week for my first fill and a check up. Did anyone else have a big lump in that area?

My weight loss has stopped, but it's because of that T.O.M. I always gain weight during this time.

I think most of my swelling/restriction is gone. I'm not starving, but I am not lasting as long with small meals. I am going to return to my pre-op diet so that I don't gain what I've lost. I'll also stay satiated longer.

I put my meals into FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and found that I was consuming between 900-1100 cals a day.

Virid, how are you feeling? Are you sleeping well? I'd love to meet my fellow green-lover in person.

Brandy, Enjoying yourself is important. After Thursday, you can get back on track.

Anita, Looks like your tracker is moving. That's great!

Shel, Nice to hear from you! Come and post, let us help you stay on track! I know I need the assistance that only my fellow banders can offer!

Bahot, Thanks for clarifying the names of the new guys! Doug - student, Tom - PA! Got it!

Linz, A girl can always dream! Right?

Lap, Your pics are beautiful! thanks for sharing with us!

Mal, I love my journal. It's perfect for me. AND I esp. love what you wrote inside it.

See ya Ladies!

dee~

Tied - I had the same kind of knot after surgery. I was told it is part of the healing process just some scar tissue. It should go down by your six weeks post-op. It sounds like your doing quite well. Keep up the good work!:thumbup:

Dee-- I have the same thing, I talked to Tom about is last week and what he told me is that it is collegen(?), that is our bodies way of trying to heal. Our body sends the collegen to the area to help. He said it will go away one day in about 6-8 weeks when we don't even notice.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I had a great time in Greeley at my daughter's volleyball tourney. I could have done without all the drama though. I am the team chaperone, which means I am in charge of ten 16 year old girls. I have to do bed checks and take their phones at the end of the night (you try getting a phone away from a 16 year old who is texting her boyfriend, not fun). Plus we had one girl who got sick at 3:30 in the morning Friday night, so she came and slept in my room. I called her mom at 8:30Am on Saturday to tell her that she needed to pick up her daughter she finally called me back and 11am and then didn't even get to her daughter until 3:30pm (it's only an hour and a half drive). Than she didn't even take her home until noon the next day and that was after the club director called and chewed her out. I am so glad to be home and glad that I didn't even eat a whole big bag of potato chips like I would have done b4 my band (actually I would have eaten about 1 big bag a day):thumbup:.

I even think I am down a few more pounds since last week, will get on the scale later today.

Lap - love the pictures...wish the snow would melt here so we could have some nice beach scenes!

I'll have to take a picture of what the ocean really looks like when it's frozen...it's awe inspiring. It's good weather today so maybe I'll do that for ya'll.

Viri - glad to hear you are doing well. I went to Health South and actually slept for a few hours...there was no rushing me. In fact, they were surprised when I said that I was ready to get dressed! Heck, they were surprised that I wanted to WALK to the bathroom! I really did recover well!

I'm excited for my fill on Monday. I was a little worried when I weighed myself yesterday and was UP 2 lbs. more than usual (I've been bobbing for a while). Then I got my period today so that would explain a lot! I guess I'll just spend the day shoveling snow and try to lose it!

Marcy-- Would love to see the ocean all frozen...please take some pics and post them. I would love one day to get to Alaska and take a look around I hear it is beautiful. Keep up the sholving and the weight will come off. Good luck on your fill.

Bahot and Lite!

Thanks so much for the information! I am more relieved now!

Initially, I wasn't concerned at all. I remembered the healing process from Nursing school, but after reading about abcesses it just kind of scared me!

I had to ask if others had the same.

Thanks for responding so quick!

dee~

Hey Marcy!

How are you feeling?

I would love to meet all of you and will definitely let you know when it gets closer to my fill date.

Today is my first day back at work. I feel a little "off" -- kind of spacey if that makes any sense. I'm not on the Lortab anymore so it's not that, I'm probably just tired. But again my job is at a desk with plenty of opportunities to get up and walk. I think I'm doing well.

One of my co-workers who didn't know that I had surgery asked if I hurt my leg or foot. For some reason my right leg is stiff today so I'm gimpy. I think I slept on it wrong or something, actually.

I thought I was going to have an accident this morning & not make it to the bathroom in time. Right as I got into work, too, and just a few minutes before I had to interview as part of a committee. Ugh. Not fun. But I survived.

Tied, I'm sleeping pretty well, although sipping Water or Crystal Light all of the time means having to get up in the night to pee.

Bahot~what is your secret..how did you ever get those cell phones from the girls??? I know my teenage son would go into convulsions if he was ever with out his phone..sad, sad I know.

Tied~I still have a lump just below the large incision. I think it is my port that just sticks out a lot???

Marcy~I can't wait to see your pix!

Lap~Are you up to par?

Hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy our beautiful sunshine today!!

OMG!!! This is totally off topic (sorry)...

My son just told me that another friend (more of an aquantence) commited suicide! What is happening??? another gun shot suicide! I don't even know what to think! This time it was a girl, she did it over a boy...I am soooo sad, this is NOT right! My heart aches for these parents, friends, our community...I have lost a few people in my life, I was an adult, these were difficult to deal with...how do our young deal with so much loss at a young age over things like drug over dose and suicide....I am just overwhelmed with all this sadness that my 13 year old has to deal with...sad, sad, sad...

Bahot~what is your secret..how did you ever get those cell phones from the girls??? I know my teenage son would go into convulsions if he was ever with out his phone..sad, sad I know.

Tied~I still have a lump just below the large incision. I think it is my port that just sticks out a lot???

Marcy~I can't wait to see your pix!

Lap~Are you up to par?

Hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy our beautiful sunshine today!!

Mal-- It was easy if they didn't give up their phones they didn't get to start the next day. They all want to be on the starting squad. it took a few minutes as they all had to try to get in 1 last text. Also, I had them all put them on vibrate, I told them if they went off in the middle of the night I would be texting the person back...:cursing: So sorry to hear about your sons friend. I know how ard loss can be on a young one as we lost my mom this past summer. Be open and honest about it and encourage him to talk, it helps.

Mal,

I am so sorry to hear your news.

I got some very bad news today also. My very good friend and co-worker passed away this morning. She was 37 years old and died of Breast Cancer that had meta to the Liver and Spine. She left three little children and a husband. I've known Sandra for many years. She was so brave and fought so hard. The last time, we talked, she said, "I'm not going to die, I can't leave my babies."

Death is so final. It's so difficult to understand. My heart goes out to your son and his friend's family. I know you will do all you can to help your son and his friends deal with their loss.

My heart is so heavy today. You're right, Mal, it is so difficult for an adult to deal with this sadness, I don't know how young kids can.

Love,

dee~