Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi Everyone~

I am back and 4-5 pounds HEAVIER than when I left!! ACK!!!

I am definately due for a fill and hopefully can get in SOON! You would have been amazaed at the amt. that I ate. Just like vacation....

BUT did you have a good time?:confused2:

OK--I'm totally lost...I just had my post op appt. with Dr. K last week. All is good and I'm completely psyched...he had who I am assuming was his med student in there...I know I was introduced, but the whole process was kind of overwhelming and I forgot...the only people I've met are Dr. K (of course) and this guy...he has kind of longish hair that he keeps putting behind his ears??? Who's this guy? What's his name...I'd like to know who I'm daydreaming about...hahaha!! Hey...I gotta have something, right?:wub:

So am I to understand there is a hottie in the office now? Some MAN candy? Ohhhhh kaaaay. I love love love long hair. (gee, can ya tell?)

Anita thanks for the compliments. Can't wait to see what you have.

hi all -

Just back from Breckenridge. You couldn't pay me to live 24/7 in the mountains, damn it was cold and windy. But the views - OMG! When the sky is clear, the blue is the bluest and the mountain peaks are so white against that blue - well there is nothing like it. So just kidding about being paid, I'd love it. Mikey, my nephew's 3 year old BD party was fun, it was at the Children't Museum there, which made it an easy type of party. Lots of running kiddos and sibs, everyone eating. Many parents chatting and eating too.

I am doing well. I survived the trip to the ER, Valentine's Day without a honey, and life without totally undoing myself. I am definitely ready for a fill, the "fullness" I used to feel is gone, gone, gone. So I am ready to tighten it up again.

I have been knitting purses, then felting them. What fun!

Hugs all,

Michelle

Lap~LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pix! I especially loved the way you worked the color and the black and white...very nice! I am sending "healing" vibes to you. You have been sick long enough...get better soon!

Dynamo~I would deff take it if someone paid me to live in the mountians...heck it's the only way I could afford to live there$$$

How's your BP? I am doing much better on half the dose.

Purses, how fun! Can you make me a new Coach bag?

Woofay~What's new Magoo? How's the job? I have been terribly busy. I have been taking classes and renewing CPR/First Aid and all that fun stuff. After 18 years it gets boring, but I can always learn something new.

Tied~I bought a few new pair of pants and jeans. My new problem is that my pants are loose and baggy everywhere EXCEPT my stomach...grrrr, I am doing those belly ups as much as I can! don't you just LOVE what the cover of your journal says? (((hugs)))

HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY!!

Viri~Heal well!

Brandy~Congrats on your losses, sounds like you are GREAT!

Amieru~One more week! don't worry about boo-boo's, you are doing fine, your liver will be in great shape.

Linz~Happy to hear your post op went well. Continue to heal well.

Gotta run, I have a correspondence course to finish...fun, fun, fun!

Yes, Dr. K is absolutely wonderful and I would recommend anyone going to him. I'm feeling very good. I was able to sleep on my stomach for the first time last night -- i hope that's ok that I did that! :unsure:

Thank you everyone for the positive words. I needed that. I've always read that people do a "freak-out" session close to their surgery date. Maybe that was mine. I'm not having second thoughts or anything...I just don't want to mess up! I'm back on track and counting down the days until we head to Colorado!!! We're leaving Sunday morning!!! WOOHOOO!!! :unsure: I can not wait!!!!

oooooo....man candy....cool. I'll make sure to take notes too. :biggrin:

'morning all! Just popping in to say hi. I'm still around, just reading mainly. Doing ok, but stalled on weight loss for now. I seem to do better when I post here -- maybe it's something about accountability? -- than when I just read your posts, so I'll try to be more of a participant than a lurker. I'm not making the best of food choices -- old habits die very, very, very slowly for me. I'm glad to see everyone's doing well and I love the latest RR pictures!! You all look marvelous! Have a great Tuesday everyone :(

Woofay-- Doug is Dr. K's Student, Tom is the one doing his fills.

Viri~~~yay!!!!!! Your banded!!!!! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! Welcome to your new life! Sounds like it went like clockwork! I had it done in Parker too, but I didn't have the rush thing...in fact, I was still there at 5pm and I just sat there chatting with the greatest nurses ever. Sorry you felt rushed. I've had surgeries before where it was rushed like that. The whole, hurry, their awake get them outta here thing. (actually, several surgeries like that cuz i really sleep forever after being put under!)

So, you say the asssistance's name for Dr. K. is Doug??? Okay, I've heard, Pat, Tom and now Doug...heehee! I wonder what the poor guys real name is!

Isn't the whole office of people really neat? I can't imagine meeting them all right before surgery, but lots of people from out of town do.

Are you planning to come out here for after care too? It would be so cool to meet you! Maybe here for a Red Robin night? :( It's just so neat to make real people out of these posts! (not that anyone thinks we aren't all real people!)

ALL I CAN SAY IS, "YAY! WELCOME TO BANDLANIA!" (I like Bandlandia!)

Hope all goes well!:laugh:

Has anyone seen Tom yet? I go in on Thursday. I had an appt next week, but they bumped Hannah's surgery forward, so I wanted to get in earlier, just in case their was an issue!

Woofay, bahotmomma is correct -- I didn't meet Dr. K's assistant, just his student, which is Doug. :laugh: Linzchavez, if it's Doug you're dreaming about, I'm pretty sure he mentioned his wife when he talked about moving from GA to CO. Sorry! Not that you can't still dream... :(

I do plan to come out for at least my first few fills, we'll see. I would love to meet up at RR if possible. My first fill is scheduled for March 18.

Thanks to everyone for your well-wishes and I hope all are doing well.