Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Howdy, All! I'm still here! Been reading and trying to keep up. This work thing is gonna take some time to adjust to.

I'll be seeing ya tonight! Yay! Can't wait!

Welcome, liteweight! How long have you been banded now? Was Dr. K. the one to band you? How much have ya lost? Congrats! Are ya local? You could join us tonight! We meet at the Red Robin at I-25 and Arapahoe! We'd love to have you join us! All invited. :regular_smile:

Dee! I wonder what you could order tonight too. How have you been feeling? Have you been nausiated at all? (after the day of, of course!) Hummmm....mashed tatoes for Dee! heehee!:tt1:

See ya Gals!!! (And token guy, John!:biggrin2:)

HEY MISS ANITA~

Well, I'm doing great! I haven't been nauseated at all except for the first 24 hours or so. But Tuesday morning I woke up a little nauseated, but as soon as I ate something I felt okay. I think I was just so low on calories that my body was saying, "feed me" -- after I drank some Protein, I felt much better and no more nausea. I haven't vomited and I'm happy about that. I'm taking things pretty slow and trying to listen to my 'soft stops' -- I noticed that my nose starts running or I get the hiccups when I'm close to being full. I stop myself and so far that has worked well. I'm eating/drinking so slow now, it's amazing! I got the best Soup from Safeway. The Brocollli Cheddar is so good. I can eat about 1/2 cup and then my nose starts running... I stop and stay satiated for about 4-5 hours. It's a good time for me to learn what things feel like. I'm so glad I took the time off of work. I don't have to rush my meals and eat things that will hurt me. Plus, I'm still tired. I can't wait to sleep on my tummy!

Liteweight! Pardon my poor manners! Welcome to our board! I hope you post and stay around - make our board your board. Everyone here is so nice and have been so supportive with me and my journey. If you live in Denver, join us at Red Robins. It's fun!!

See ya Chickies!

dee~

Hi all,

I just scheduled a fill with Dr. K's office. I guess he has a new PA that can do fills. Has anyone gone that route yet? I'm feeling a little funny about the idea now. Like does he have the experience that Dr. K has? I really do not want my port tubing to get any punctures... so I'm worried about that and his experience level... :regular_smile:

I may cancel and wait an extra few weeks for Dr. K...

Any experience or thoughts on this?

Tina

HELP!!! Before I go to the gym, I wanted to double check the location (I tried to map Quest and got a ton of RR). Is it the one in Greenwood Village? 8585 E. Arapahoe Rd?

THANK YOU!!!

Aloha to my RR Banditos!

I am going to have to bail for tonight...sorry! I have been in a funk lately and I just feel like blahing...long story short, I started taking a new medicine and my mood has been very BLAH! I will mention it to my doc and see what he thinks. I'll try to meet up with the Banditos next month. Woofay can you photo shop me in the group picture....LOL!

I'll miss ya'!!!

Cheers!

Brandy~ I'm not sure of the address....but its just west of I-25 and Arapahoe...just barely off the freeway...1/2 mile??? Mal~ are the numbers right for that address?

Awwwwwwwwww, Mal! I'll miss you! Hope you feel better! Save a night for next month. I'll try and post pics...but I can't photoshop you thinner....don't know how to do that! We'll be thinking of you!

Howdy, All! I'm still here! Been reading and trying to keep up. This work thing is gonna take some time to adjust to.

I'll be seeing ya tonight! Yay! Can't wait!

Welcome, liteweight! How long have you been banded now? Was Dr. K. the one to band you? How much have ya lost? Congrats! Are ya local? You could join us tonight! We meet at the Red Robin at I-25 and Arapahoe! We'd love to have you join us! All invited. :tt1:

Dee! I wonder what you could order tonight too. How have you been feeling? Have you been nausiated at all? (after the day of, of course!) Hummmm....mashed tatoes for Dee! heehee!:blushing:

See ya Gals!!! (And token guy, John!:biggrin2:)

I had surgery with Dr. K in November 2007. I have lost 35lbs. I actually live in Fort Collins and would love to join you at the Red Robin if I didn't live so far away.:regular_smile: You all sound like a great group of ladies and I can feel there is lots of support here. I'm still getting used to posting here so bare with me.

The number sounds right...I am not a hundred percent sure though. Maybe Dynamo knows the actual address????...sorry!

Hi all,

I just scheduled a fill with Dr. K's office. I guess he has a new PA that can do fills. Has anyone gone that route yet? I'm feeling a little funny about the idea now. Like does he have the experience that Dr. K has? I really do not want my port tubing to get any punctures... so I'm worried about that and his experience level... :regular_smile:

I may cancel and wait an extra few weeks for Dr. K...

Any experience or thoughts on this?

Tina

I actually had a fill last week with Tom and he was great. He used to work with Dr. K years ago and Dr. K asked him to come back to help out with the fill overload. Trust me if anything goes wrong with your band I'm sure Dr. K will make good on it.:tt1:

I really think that Red Robin ought to give us a big discount.

Anyway, I went online here is the site with a map and all

Red Robin Greenwood Village 80112 | Menuism

The reason it has worked is that it is so easy to find.

Mal - sometimes when I am depressed I have to force myself to get out. I'm gonna call you.

See you there tonight.

Michelle

Dee~ So glad you are feeling well! Yippee!! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

I happen to be in a great mood today too. Got my hairs cut, and got a one month FREE trial membership to LA Fitness. I can SCHMOOZE :tongue2: hehe...

So ladies... speaking of gym memberships. WHEN can I start working out. D K never went over it with me. lol. I guess I should call the office tomorrow. I know I can't do kickboxing etc... but I really want to do aquacizing and the elliptical.

I am officially 3 weeks out. Yeah! I am still to afraid to move to real food. :blush: Someone tell me it will be ok. lol. I am eating my mushies too fast, which I have been getting away with. If I eat solids to fast... I am worried. I feel NO restriction right now though! Hrmph.

Oooo I love how they put all the smilies on the bottom! Fun!! :drool:

Dee~ So glad you are feeling well! Yippee!! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

I happen to be in a great mood today too. Got my hairs cut, and got a one month FREE trial membership to LA Fitness. I can SCHMOOZE :tongue2: hehe...

So ladies... speaking of gym memberships. WHEN can I start working out. D K never went over it with me. lol. I guess I should call the office tomorrow. I know I can't do kickboxing etc... but I really want to do aquacizing and the elliptical.

I am officially 3 weeks out. Yeah! I am still to afraid to move to real food. :blush: Someone tell me it will be ok. lol. I am eating my mushies too fast, which I have been getting away with. If I eat solids to fast... I am worried. I feel NO restriction right now though! Hrmph.

Oooo I love how they put all the smilies on the bottom! Fun!! :drool:

Thanks LA!

Well, you can move to regular food anytime you feel comfortable with it. I tend to try to eat too much too, so I've learned to separate my food before I ever put it on my plate and then put my fork down between each bite. It's a difficult thing to learn, believe me! I do love mushies tho! And I don't get so scared about 'em getting stuck.

I love your new picture! How cute you look!

I asked Dr. K about working out and he said, "NO SWIMMING or AQUAFITNESS until atleast one month." But at three weeks you could do a recumbant bike if you wanted. That's all I asked about. You could send an email to Natalie and ask her.

I really think that Red Robin ought to give us a big discount.

Anyway, I went online here is the site with a map and all

Red Robin Greenwood Village 80112 | Menuism

The reason it has worked is that it is so easy to find.

Mal - sometimes when I am depressed I have to force myself to get out. I'm gonna call you.

See you there tonight.

Michelle

Michelle,

It was great seeing you tonight! You're looking great!

I checked my schedule and I'm working on the 13th. Can we change it to the 6th of March?

I'm not working that night!

Thanks!

dee~

Thanks LA!

Well, you can move to regular food anytime you feel comfortable with it. I tend to try to eat too much too, so I've learned to separate my food before I ever put it on my plate and then put my fork down between each bite. It's a difficult thing to learn, believe me! I do love mushies tho! And I don't get so scared about 'em getting stuck.

I love your new picture! How cute you look!

I asked Dr. K about working out and he said, "NO SWIMMING or AQUAFITNESS until atleast one month." But at three weeks you could do a recumbant bike if you wanted. That's all I asked about. You could send an email to Natalie and ask her.

Thanks Dee. I will call the office tomorrow.

I do look cute don't I! :drool::wink: Now it is time to smother the hubby in my cuteness. Bwahahaha. :tongue2: <--- love that new smilie!

Hey, guys! Dee, John~~~I was chuckling about that snow as I left, BUT......OMG. Just outside of Denver it was really, really coming down. I've never driven in snow that bad. I had to pull over in Castle Rock cuz even at 30 mph all I could see was white. Me, and lots of other people pulled into a Conoco/Loaf&Jug/Blimpy place there just off the first exit?(I think...who could see?) I waited for an hour or so until it let up. I asked a DPS how things looked and he said much improved. But you know here! I got going about another 10 miles or so and here it came again. From Larkspur to the Briargate exit was soooo bad. I just kept going...maybe about 30mph...slower some places.:tongue2: Me and this big line of traffic. I can't remember the last time I prayed so hard! (like right before surgery maybe?) I finally got home though...it was midnight.:blush: Some people just stop their car on the freeway without even trying to get over...that was wild! How do those people not just get creamed?

Dee! I shoulda just come home with you! How I wished I had! But this storm wasn't even supposed to be, so who knew how much worse it would be?

Okay, I'm done whining...(and wimpering!) I had a great time though! Thanks for the company, All! I'll try and get those pictures up after work. I have a house full of sickies. My hubby is going back to the doc today, Wes is home sick and the lil guy is starting to cough too. :wub:

Brandy, it was lovely to meet you! You look maaaaahvalous! I hope your able to join us in the future too!

Missed a bunch of ya! Hope you are all doing well!

Dee, I'm good with the 6th...everyone else okay with the change?

Have a great day, All!:drool: