Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Well guys, I am only 13 days away from surgery and it looks like my financing is not working out like I had planned. I am sooo bummed!!!!!!!! I am probably going to have to postpone my surgery for awhile. I really don't think I can do this on my own. Not for a long time anyway. I know I have read some threads regarding the best tasting Protein Drinks that help suppress the appetite. Any suggestions on the best?

Fluffywiddow~

I like the Jarrow Formulas...Buy Discount Vitamins, supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com. They are not over priced and you get a big tub. The chocalate is great in the blender with milk and ice!

Hope you get your financing worked out. I had to postpone my surgery as well. It was a huge disappointment, but I just had to have faith that it would all work out in the end.

Brandy

Hey FW ~ I hope you are able to work something out. I went on a bit of a rollercoaster with the financing issue myself, it was quite frustrating. Keep us updated and don't give up yet!

Well guys, I am only 13 days away from surgery and it looks like my financing is not working out like I had planned. I am sooo bummed!!!!!!!! I am probably going to have to postpone my surgery for awhile. I really don't think I can do this on my own. Not for a long time anyway. I know I have read some threads regarding the best tasting Protein drinks that help suppress the appetite. Any suggestions on the best?

Hey guys: have you ever felt that if you hit so many roadblocks that "someone" is trying to tell you it is not the right thing to do. My brother tells me all the time that if things keep falling through....there is a reason. It was not meant to be. I feel so guilty borrowing such a big amount of money for this. I am a widow living on a fixed income. Maybe my brother is right. I feel like such a failure not being able to do this on my own and having to borrow money. I have a daughter starting college soon. I AM SO CONFUSED! My brother said I could make this happen if I work hard enough to find someone to finance this surgery but I would be ignoring all the "signs" that told me that it maybe wasn't the best thing.

I need advice!

Well, I happen to disagree with your brother...the best thing to do is not always the easiest thing to do. If everything fell into my lap, maybe I would take it for granted and not fully understand it. I feel that it took me 2.5 years to get to this point for a reason -- I needed to be very sure that I wanted to do it. I wish I'd done it back then, maybe I'd be at goal by now, but I wasn't ready yet. By spending that time doing as much research as I could as well as therapy and soul-searching, I proved to myself that I was truly ready to move forward.

I don't think you should feel like a failure for not being able to lose weight via dieting or for needing to finance the surgery, but I understand those feelings completely. I have had to get over them myself and focus on the fact that I am taking charge of my health and doing a positive thing for myself as well as my family. But I don't think anybody here can advise you on whether to do it or not. You are the only one who knows what is right for you. We will be here to support you no matter what. :biggrin:

Hey guys: have you ever felt that if you hit so many roadblocks that "someone" is trying to tell you it is not the right thing to do. My brother tells me all the time that if things keep falling through....there is a reason. It was not meant to be. I feel so guilty borrowing such a big amount of money for this. I am a widow living on a fixed income. Maybe my brother is right. I feel like such a failure not being able to do this on my own and having to borrow money. I have a daughter starting college soon. I AM SO CONFUSED! My brother said I could make this happen if I work hard enough to find someone to finance this surgery but I would be ignoring all the "signs" that told me that it maybe wasn't the best thing.

I need advice!

AWWWW FW~

{{{{HUGS}}}}

I agree with Viri! If it easy, then it is not appreciated. If you had to work to get where you are, it is so much sweeter.

You need to think about YOU, which I know, can be very difficult! But where will you be in 5, 10 even 20 years if you don't change. Think about your kids, if it is hard now...it is only going to be harder with time.

I hope you can find your answer. You need to do what is right for you, if lap band is it, then you will have peace and you will just know!

Brandy

I'm home AND Banded! Ta Da!!!

I'm in a lot less pain today. Thank Goodness! My surgery took 80 mins. Dr K said my liver looked great. But with all of that ugly fat in the way, it was a challenge. However, he said I wasn't the worst case he'd ever seen. (he didn't say ugly fat, I did)

When I woke up in recovery I had been dreaming. I didn't know you could dream under anesthesia.

I'm so glad I had to stay the night. I was zapped and so nauseated. Morphine and Fentenyl didn't touch my pain much but IV Toradol helped. While in the recovery room, as my nurse was pushing one Fentenyl dose after another -- all I could think of was something that was on nursing boards. "Don't push it too fast or your patient will get chest wall rigidity." Knowing too much! Yikes!

Fatwidow, I believe the way you do about obstacles and things not meant to happen. I had hurdles everywhere since October, surgery cancelled and rescheduled, other problems at work made me want to change my mind, BUT, I could see myself many years from now, bigger and more incapacited than I am now. So I kept looking into ways to make this happen. And I'm glad I did!

You guys! I'm so happy to be a Bandito!! Dr. K and his staff worked hard to make it happen!

Now dammit I wish I had a recliner! sleeping in my bed sucks!

but I'll tell you nothing tastes as good as a cherry popsicle!!

thanks for all your well wishes!

love ya,

dee!

a special thanks to Mal and John for visiting me in the hospital.

sorry about my bedhead hair don't and my less than fresh breath!!!:frown:

Dee~ YEAH! Welcome to band land. Or should I say... welcome BANDITO! :frown: :frown: So glad to hear you are doing well.

FW~ I also agree with the what is meant to be, is meant to be. But I don't think your financing is falling through is a sign to stop. Just means that financing wasn't meant to be, something better is out there. You just need to keep looking!

As for your child and college. I put myself through college. It sucked, but I appreciated it more because I worked my ass off for it. My dad helped with my rent, which was awesome. Well he died shortly after I graduated. I would give anything to have him back. If there was an operation that he could have had that would have prolonged his life, I would have given every cent back he ever gave me for rent. Every cent. Your health is so very important.

You are in that 2 week window before surgery, that was the HARDEST time for me. I wanted to back out soooo many times. Hang in there. I sill am too new out of surgery to say I am 100% glad I did this. Ask me when I am finally able to eat again! lol. But I am glad I didn't back out and I see a light at the end of the tunnel. For the first time in a long time I have hope that I can finally control food, rather than it controlling me.

So banditos... I am finally onto mushies! YEAH. I ate some Pinots and cheese yesterday and it was heaven. lol. Now my tummy is making more noise than ever. I m going to pick up some cottage cheese and other goodies in a bit. I was going to get some hummus too. Yummm. Think it would be ok to have it on Wheat Pita bread? If I chewed hewed chewed? Or no good? I was thinking of toasting it, if that makes a difference.

oh, by the way

I did it! im no longer MORBIDLY obese. I am now in the obese category. Thats pretty cool...i was SUPER MORBIDLY obese when i started (bmi over 50)...my bmi right now is 39.9. What a terrible name (MORBIDLY) obese! i guess whoever created it wanted to get thier point across. if you dont loose wieght soon, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE! Helloooo! McFly!! i feel so much better with all that weight gone. each time i loose weight i feel alot more energy...it makes sense...82 lbs is a lot!

I want to thank all of you for your support. I do feel like this is the right thing to do. I didn't cancel my surgery....I rescheduled for March 20. I am working on a different way to finance.

L.A. I was sorry to hear about your dad. I say the same thing about my husband and my mom. I would give up any material possesion I own to have them back again. As far as my daughter is concerned, I think she will qualify for financial aid and she will have to get student loans for the rest. I can help a little. I wished my daughter had your attitude. She thinks it is a parents duty to pay for EVERYTHING. Hopefully that changes when she gets older.

Tied2bfit: So glad you are doing better. I wished Dr. K kept all his patients overnight. I worry about the pain once I go back to the hotel. Well you are on your way. Your whole life will change now. This is a new beginning. I think about that all the time. I have been obese for so long that I can't picture myself as a thin person and all the changes that will come from that. Good luck!

Viridescense: thanks so much for your advice. I think maybe the "sign" is that I needed more time to do some soul-searching. Maybe the loan didn't go through so quickly because I wasn't ready yet!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to have you guys to talk to. THANKS!!!

yeah Dee!!!! you are offically one of the Banditos!! 8_11_2.gif Widow don't give up, I agree that the things we have to fight for are the ones we treasure the most. 12_1_138.gif

I hope to join you gals at RR on the 7th, missed seeing you all last month!!

:party:

Dee-- Congrats you are in bandland...:smile: Best of luck to you on your recovery take it slow and don't over do it.

Everyone Else-- okay so here is my issue, I woke up this morning and am starving, it seems like I can't get enough to eat. But the good thing is I can't eat alot. What am I to do? It seems like I am trying to put something in my mouth every hour or so.

HELP