Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

For you Coloradoans ...

Others may wanna look for a similar venue... there's a store in Wheatridge that does plpus size consignment (Plus Size Women's Fashions from Upscale Plus, Inc., Career, Casual, and Bridal,Denver, CO") the rules for selling via christina's store are posted on her website. I'm sure there are such places in other states as well.

Plus, E-bay is also an option for you (and out-of-staters). You'd be surprised what people will buy. It's easy! You can sell by the piece or by the lot.

Clothes swapping is an option. The Red Robin group ought to consider a clothing exchange. :rolleyes2: Bring in your old larger sizes (they may be someone else's new smaller size) and swap away!

Honestly, many of the pieces we have will be like new because people are not staying "at-size" for long or needed something just for a special occasion while still losing weight. Might as well make some money back or swap for something you can use. :angry:

Then again, donating is always a good thing and a tax write-off too!

Tina

Taynah~ I feel for you. My 8 year old developed strep yesterday, and he's allergic to so many meds...goodness! It cost me a fortune for his meds! Just hoping the rest of us don't get it. (This is the poor kids second go around this school year for this stuff!)

Woofay, I hear ya! I am allergic to many antibiotics... so it sometimes gets pricey for me too, but this time, I lucked out and was able to take generic liquid Keflex... The stuff even tastes good!

We are all on a different antibiotics ... Keflex, Biaxin, Amoxycillin and Augmentin... I have a chart to track who took what, when and what number day they are at... Yikes!

Nurse Tina a.k.a. Dr. Mom

Mal! It be great if you wanted to stop in and visit me after my surgery. I will be staying the night! I hope they give me the V.I.P. suite... ha!!!:angry:

Anita! Great job with the new job! I have recently considered returning to school, NOT to be a Physician Assistant as I had originally planned and studied for, but to be an Elementary School Teacher. Teachers aren't paid much, but they have great retirement plans. Nurses have horrible retirement plans. If I remain a Nurse, I'll be working til I'm in my 80's. Actually, I used to work with a nurse who was 78 years old. She only worked 8 or 6 hour shifts, but can you imagine? That's going to be me. Even as a PA, I don't think my retirement will be that remarkable. I think I'm young enough to pursue another career... don't you? Always dreaming! No wonder my poor daughter keeps changing her major! She's just like her Mom! Let's see, a Social Worker for 5 years, An RN for 18 years and now I could be a teacher for another 20 years. (can you think of any career I'm missed?) I went to my bestfriend's retirement party last week and after 35 years as a nurse, she's going to barely make her bills. :rolleyes2: It's sad. Anita, I think I'm just going to go cold turkey with my big girl outfits. They already look like rags! So it's not like I'm getting rid of anything of value. I do, however, plan to keep one gigantic tent-sized pair of pants and shirt -- so that I can always remember how big I WAS! I should just make my ex a bedspread with them. He used to tease me about them being big enough to cover our California King size bed!

Michelle! Thanks! It was great seeing you. I loved when I looked up - across the room and saw you coming out of Dr. K's exam room! Bright eyed and cheery!

Brandy! I am glad you were able to drag your 'fluffy' butt to the gym. My 'fluffy' butt has been hitting the recumbent bike everyday. It's going to be a saggy butt soon! But just think, my butt will match my boobs! I'm afraid the girls are already going south! AND I don't even have my band yet! Help!!:lol:

I think you need help too! Your home is full of sickies! Poor you! Wash your hands every time you think of it! Sorry to hear about your family! Going to the gym was probably a treat! You did a lot at the gym, actually. I remember the first time I rode my bike. I couldn't go longer than 3 mins. and at that, I was a total ball of sweat! But now, I'm going 30-40 mins at a time!

One day at a time my 'Dear Soon to be Formerly Fluffy Friends!'

One day at a time ---

Look to the horizon, I see a group of beautiful stick figures!

It's US!!

Love you all,

dee~

Tied~I hope they give you VIP suite too! Heck, if they can't treat their staff top notch...

30-40 minutes on the bike...NIIIIICE!!! I have a problem with being on any piece of equipment for that long. My attention span is not that long ~ I either get bored or like on the bike, my butt starts to hurt!

I hope all the "sickies" are on the road to wellness

Tied~I hope they give you VIP suite too! Heck, if they can't treat their staff top notch...

30-40 minutes on the bike...NIIIIICE!!! I have a problem with being on any piece of equipment for that long. My attention span is not that long ~ I either get bored or like on the bike, my butt starts to hurt!

I hope all the "sickies" are on the road to wellness

Oh yes! I also get TB, "Tired Butt" --

Isn't the V.I.P. suite usually filled with Roses, Candles and Band friendly Clear liquids?

Tied~

I agree with you on the saggy stuff!!! It grosses me out. Saggy butt, boobs and now my stomach is starting to hang. UGH!!!

My DD was born with a cleft and has had to have several plastic surgeries, I keep begging her doc to give us a group discount!!! I think he thinks that I am kidding, but little does he know I am drop dead serious...espically in a year or so!!

I have heard the new thing is the MOMMY LIFT...stomach and boobs! What could be better!

HA

Doc Mom

I think that is a great idea to swap clothes at RR. I would be in if anyone else is.

Ebay is so crazy, I made around a $1000 last year on my daughters USED clothes. Duh. :rolleyes2:

Brandy, you're so cute!

The Mommy Lift! Hey, I'll need that and more! Boobs, Thighs, Ankles, Knees, Back, Butt, Tummy -- a Full Body Lift. I'll be lifted so much that my ankles will be where my knees are, my knees will be where my thighs are, and my thighs will be up with the girls! Oh NOT pretty! AND then on the top of my head they can just clip off all the excess skin and send me on my way!

I will bring you flowers and band friendly liquids if it isn't covered. Just call, I am local! :rolleyes2:

Thanks! It's the thought that matters most! You're a Sweetpea!

We could always design some medivial contraption that would hang us or something...possibly stretch everything out?!? I am sure we would become instant millionaires on infomercials!!

:rolleyes2:

OK this is really gross, but last summer sitting at my kids' ball games, my husband would make fun of me, because when it got hot out, I would get CANKLES...you know what those are don't you? It was gross!!

:rolleyes2:

OK this is really gross, but last summer sitting at my kids' ball games, my husband would make fun of me, because when it got hot out, I would get CANKLES...you know what those are don't you? It was gross!!

Oh! I know Cankles really well! I have a problem with dependent edema after working my 12 hours at the hospital. I can easily gain 10lbs after working all day and it goes ALL to my ankles!

.......some saline in my band that is.

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I have been working over 60 hours a week and going to school full time, :svengo:NOT cute. I just wanted to drop in and see how everyone is doing.

I had my first fill on Wednesday with Dr. Berger in Flagstaff, AZ. L.A. posted pics of me and her and the "hottie" doc:drool5:. He looks like one of those soap opera docs, you know, the ones that get freaky with the patients when the door is closed (at least that was my initial thought when I saw him.) I told him, if I knew he looked that good, I would have paid the extra money to have him do my band. I would love for him to put his fingers in me!:redface: Every time he came close to me, I had an uncontrollable urge to back my big ol' bootie up to him and bend over,:hurray: LOL!!!!!

I got 3.25cc's in my 14cc band and I finally have some restriction. I have not even been hungry since I got the fill, but my stomach sure is making a ridiculous amount of noise. I have named my band "Simba", because it is constantly making my stomach roar like a lion. I work as a sales trainer, and the other night my stomach was so loud that my entire class stopped what they were doing and asked if I was ok because my stomach was making so much noise. I put my hands across my stomach and yelled, "Settle down in there Simba, foods a comin'!" They all looked at me like I was crazy.

Poor L.A., she had to put up with my eccentric personality for over 5 hours.:out: Unfortunately for her, I forgot to tell her that when I don't get enough sleep, I act like a moron and laugh at almost anything. Oh, and I talk, talk, talk, I just can't keep my mouth shut for 1 minute. I'm sure that half-way through the trip to Flagstaff, she was looking for some duct tape for my big mouth.:wink2: I wouldn't be suprised if she went home and ordered a straight jacket for our next encounter. Nevertheless, she was an absolute pleasure to spend the afternoon with. Thanks for coming along L.A., maybe next time I can get the docs clothes off, then WHO KNOWS what could happen from there!!!!!:eek: :frown: If I start going to Flagstaff every 3 days, it's only because I really need a FILL!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.