Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Fatwidow thanks for asking about the port. I feel much better since it has been explained and now that you asked.

I got a Bodybugg y'all! I am so stoked! I think it is still too early to get back into my couch to 5K routine, but I plan on walking again until I feel up to running. Can't wait to get my Bugg. Anyone else have one?

Viridescense: I am having mine in Parker also. I will check it out. Maybe we will see each other. My surgery is on 2/13.

Tied2bfit: You are so right about the touch being important. I used to do that sort of thing for my mom all the time. Drop her at the door and park the car. Get her the riding scooters at the store. Help her with her groceries at home. The kiss and hug when I left. How I miss that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even imagine running a marathon. I went to have a stress test done a couple of days ago and I couldn't even walk fast without breathing so hard. I felt like passing out. I guess I will need to start out very slow. I was thinking about Water aerobics.

Welcome Fatwidow!

I hate calling you Fat! Fluffy is a better name! I've always hated the words Obese and Fat!

Anyway! You're not going to be fat for long!

I'm so glad you're going to be banded by Dr. K. He's great and everyone is so satisfied with his care! I know he's been very good to me!

You asked where to stay, I think it depends on where your surgery is going to be. If you're going to have your surgery at Parker, you should stay at one of the hotels near there. There is a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn Select. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select during the big blizzard of 2006 and it was ultra comfy. Also there was a person on here, who stayed there and the hotel staff went out of their way to help her with everything, including going to the Walgreens for her stool softner the night before. These hotels are so close you can see the hospital from your hotel room! If you're having your surgery at Aurora, I think the Marriott Fairfield isn't too far. I know I stayed there when I first moved to Denver and it was pretty close to The Medical Center of Aurora, where I eventually started working!

Do you plan to rent a car?

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I can't imagine how strong you have to be to get through such a sadness. I know it's time to start taking care of yourself, so that you can be there for your children. I work at Parker Adventist Hospital and that is where the Surgicenter is located. It's a beautiful hosptial. Everyone has been so happy with the care, they've had there. I'll be having my surgery there also, but upstairs in the Main OR.

Talking about the importance of touch and missing it -- it's something we don't appreciate until it's gone.

Tied ~ I do recall that the last time I tried Atkins, the carb cravings went away after a few days. But until then all I could think about was bread and french fries. Yeesh. I am glad that I don't have to do a liquid diet or something more restrictive pre-op, but this discipline will help after the surgery too.

FW ~ Feel free to PM me. My pre-op appt is on 2/13 so the possibility of seeing each other is definitely there!

In other news, I learned which brand of Protein shakes not to buy ever again: Zoic. I'd never seen them before and there's good reason. A little more Protein per serving than the Atkins shakes but so foul-tasting. I am not willing to just ditch them (hey, the pack was $6.99) but mixing in some Carnation Instant Breakfast allows me to choke them down. Bleh. I plan to get to GNC this weekend to check out some other stuff.

Giddy Gals!

I am sooo jealous...I WANNA BODY BUGG!! It's one of those things that I will always want and never get for myself. did you find a good deal somewhere? Until then, it's all pencil and paper counting for me...blah!

widow~I agree with Tied, I just can't get myself to type the worf F*t infront of your name...yuck, I dislike that word very much. i'll cal you skinnywidow, cuz that's what you'll be. Hope you are having a good day!

OMG! Angie, I just saw your before and after pics on the thread! You are a great inspiration (I think you should post your pics here too)! You are stunning, I am so happy for you!!

I can't wait until I feel comfortable enough to post before and current or even after pics...

LA and Mona~you girls are too cute! Missmona, I heard your singing and your voice is beautiful.

LA, my goal is to be able to run again too and this Spring and Summer I plan on Roller Blading with my dog (hubby says to make sure I have someone with me that can dail 911)...LOL

Tied ~ I do recall that the last time I tried Atkins, the carb cravings went away after a few days. But until then all I could think about was bread and french fries. Yeesh. I am glad that I don't have to do a liquid diet or something more restrictive pre-op, but this discipline will help after the surgery too.

FW ~ Feel free to PM me. My pre-op appt is on 2/13 so the possibility of seeing each other is definitely there!

In other news, I learned which brand of Protein shakes not to buy ever again: Zoic. I'd never seen them before and there's good reason. A little more Protein per serving than the Atkins shakes but so foul-tasting. I am not willing to just ditch them (hey, the pack was $6.99) but mixing in some Carnation Instant Breakfast allows me to choke them down. Bleh. I plan to get to GNC this weekend to check out some other stuff.

Yup! You're like me, it's the complex carbs that are my weakness! I can do without the sugars, but I sured missed the bread! I gave up white stuff, bread, rice, Pasta about a year ago when I found out I was pre-diabetic. But I do love whole wheat Pasta, ww bread and brown rice! YUM!

I got a sample in the mail of a Protein Drink that I just love. I usually hate all the thick ones! They make me gag! I'll try to get the name and send you the link. I was sent the link from another friend, went right to it and requested my sample. Have you tried the Slim-fast, Low Carb drinks? They actually have more protein than the High Protein version of Slim-fast and I think they taste better if they are super chilled!

Hi All!

Mal - Whoopie! You are flying girl! Exercise does give you a sense of power that we don't really get from food. Endorphins, the natural way. I'm soooooo proud of you. Moving and grooving.

Dee - I am so excited for your surgery date. Whoopie! You looked great on Thursday when I saw you. Hugs! Yes, touch is special and necessary for our lives to thrive.

Woofay - So what's up? Are you working now?

Mare - how are you holding up? Haven't seen a posting recently from you.

fatwidow - I know the port sounds important right now. I was consumed with how to do this thing "perfectly." Now, since I carry my weight in my middle, a low profile port wouldn't be a good thing for me. Getting a fill is tricky enough without making it more difficult. I think that the band is changing my relationship with food, that is more significant than any of the details. I even asked Dr. K about a remote control band that I read about. hee...hee. What the hay -it still seems like an interesting idea.

Anyway here is the list so far for Red Robin

Please cut and paste this list onto your response.

Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 pm RED ROBIN

Dynamo (Michelle)

Bahotmomma

Mal

Woofay

Tied2BFit

Well, I drug my "fluffy" butt to the gym this morning. 15 elliptical, 15 bike and 10 on the treadmill. I have also been cleaning like crazy...does that count? Anyways, I can't believe how out of shape I am!!! It is going to take me a bit to get back to where I was...these are the times when I do a mental kick and ask myself why did I stop???!!!???

Everyone sounds like they are doing awesome!!! Keep it up girls!

Hey, All!

Angie! You look great! I'm going to hop over to the before after thread and take a peek! Woo hoo, congrats!

Mal~no I haven't gotten over to Slim and Tone yet...I've really procrastinated this, haven't I?

Dynamo~ woo hoo! Congrats on the loss!

Taynah~ I feel for you. My 8 year old developed strep yesterday, and he's allergic to so many meds...goodness! It cost me a fortune for his meds! Just hoping the rest of us don't get it. (This is the poor kids second go around this school year for this stuff!)

Tied2b~ EEEEEEEEE! It's getting close! I'm so cheering you on! You're doing so well on the pre-op! Yay for you!

LA & Missmona~ you two look so cute! So, what did you two think of a fill? Not so bad, is it?

Well, the school district (or their food service company, I should say~Sodexho/Marriott) called. So, I guess I have another job. Haha! Yay...the hours are great, the pay so-so, and I'm off everytime the kids are. What else could I ask for? My mom is going to watch my little guy, but he starts school next year, so all will be good. Right now, between chris's schedule and mine, my mom will watch him 2 days a week. I'm going to put him in full day kindergarten, which is 2K for the year, but it will be worth it. So... I filled out all the paperwork yesterday, okayed the FBI background check and went down to the PD to get my fingerprints done.(just like a common criminal!) I'm supposed to hear Monday on what day they want me to start. Woopee!

I got some of my appropriately sized clothing. So, now, here is a question. What to do with all the clothes in my closet? I have always needed my "big girl" clothes again with everything I've ever done. I don't think I can just get rid of them. Should I box them for a bit until I feel comfortable with them leaving, or should I "cold turkey" it and just do it now? How are you all handling this?

Well, all, have a great day! I need to figure out the 7th and see if my hubby is available. Pretty sure I'll get it worked out! See ya soon...man this thread has been moving fast!:redface:

Hi Anita~

I am giving everything away. I am down 2 sizes and have already found a "home" for some of my old fat clothes. I just didn't want to be able to say "Well, I always can wear this". With the band, I don't feel like I would ever need to go back to my fat clothes...that is just me though!

Brandy

I have everyone beat in the sick department! ACK!!!

DS 1: Stomach bug and strep

DS 2: Strep

DS 3: Strep

DD 1: Strep and double ear infections

DH: Strep and stomach bug!!!

I am praying that I stay healthy and needless to say, I am bleaching everything I can to hopefully stop all the sickness. YUCK!!!

Dynamo~so what did Dr. K say about the remote band? I am interested in what the scoop is on that one.

Tied~I would like to stop in and visit you. You are staying over night?

Mare~you have us worried...where are you??? How was that unfill? I know work has been a pain lately, hope things are looking up! Come back...

widow~yeah, the Tech Center isn't THAT far, but there are hotels that are much closer. I think you would be more comfy not having to go very far right after.

oh, yeah, and I wanted to tell you that Michael Bradly also has a book called Yes Your Parent's Are Crazy. It's a good read (helps us put a perspective on their-the crazy teens- thoughts). Both are funny, sad and very helpful.

Brandy~WOW, you kicked butt at the gym! Even the dreaded treadmill??? Kudos my friend! I dropped the Tmill, too boring! I would rather go in the morning. I get up at 5:30 already, besides my gym opens at 5. I did walk my dog this morning, brisk 30 minute walk. Keep it up and YES of course cleaning counts!!! We will be running before we know it!!! YEAH for us!!!

Woofay~Congrats on your job! I ran into a friend the other day and she started teaching 2nd grade. That made me start thinking about the school district again. I am just so comfy at home! I understand how you felt about the background check and the fingerprints, I have to do that too, so does anyone in my home 18 and over.

Your clothes???...you won't need them anymore. save one or two sets, so you can put them on when you plateau or your feeling stalled...get rid of the rest!!!

I am going to take my chris Snowboarding tomorrow. We went last weekend and I tried it (a couple of short runs...very short). this is something I would not have even tried last winter! My ski pants were soo big, the crotch was down to my knees! I looked like a fool, but I was warm and I am not buying new ones until I lose more.

Adios Mi Banditos!