Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Yay...John has been pulled over to the "band talk" side!!!!!! Yes...we are nice!

And it was lovely to meet you, Lydkyd! Hopefully you can join us every month and share, cry and rejoice on this journey!

Bookholder~ we missed you!

Bahot~ you'll hafta come next month! We'd love to meet you!

Dynamo~ hows your son?

Mal~ your puppy is so cute with those lil bears! It was definately an "Awww" moment for me!

Sorry I haven't posted my pics yet...but Mal...that pic is simply beautiful! Look at all of us!

Well, my Hubby and I had the "finances" discussion again this morning....rats.:tongue: So, I ran over and put in an application with the school district. Believe it or not, they wanted to interview me within an hour of putting my application in. It seemed like it went well, but, there was a stack of applications serveral inches high of people who they had interviewed. They said they would let me know on Monday or Tuesday. We'll see! Its full time and only when school is in...so no worries about when the kids are on vacation.

Have a great night and hopefully I'll post the other pics sometime tomorrow. :wink:

awww we are NICE!!! we really ARE!

"Yup, and we like you, we really like you!"

(remember when Sally Field won that award and she said that? "They like me they really like me.")

Anita!

That would be great! A job with the school system is the best for someone with school-aged kids. When my daughter was in elementary school, I was the school nurse. I loved it! AND I went on every out of town class trip. We went all over the country with these elementary aged kids. Space Camp was a riot! chicken pox AND pink eye!!!

"But Mrs. S, I'm allergic to pink eye!"

"Just get in the bus, Hannah! No one is allergic to pink eye."

Then top off the week with a real allergic reaction -- and an epi injection on the way to the ER. Fun Fun Fun!

Working at the schools can be the best!:wink:

Hi Everyone -

A quick note to tell you I loved seeing you last night and again on the posting picts. John and Lydia we really like having you join us! We are a fun group.

Update - Todd (son) and I tried to put off his going to the hospital, but succomed to it at 11:30 last night. We were at St. Joseph's (Kaiser's home) in the ER hallway, and then cubby room in ER (3:30 am), until he was finally put in a room around 3 pm today. I was up all night, went home at 6:30 am, slept a little, then saw him this afternoon, went to an awful play this evening and going to sleep tonight. He is hurting, on dilauded (sp), without any food until his enzymes get back in order. I have to teach tomorrow morning, but then am going to be with him after school. He is scared and frustrated as to why this is happening. Pancreatitis is common in people who drink excessively, but he doesn't any more. There are no stones, no hepatitis, no other issues. I am hoping that we get more than a bandaid this time.

Hugs all,

Michelle

LA- How is the pre-op diet going, next week is the big day right?

Its going really well... thanks for asking! My surgery is Thursday! Eik! :wink: I am down 16lbs since my last weigh in, but I haven't weighed myself in a week. Tomorrow I will at at work. I am hoping for a few more pounds due to starting the couch to 5k program this week!! :tongue: :wink:

Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear about your son having problems again!

How frustrating for him and for you. I hope they can figure this out and get him some help and recovery. It's so difficult when our kids are ill. I can't imagine what you're going through.

Please try to get some sleep tonight and take care of yourself.

I'm going to be sending good thoughts your way.

Let us know how things go.

Hugs,

dee~

Wow LA!

That's great!

You're doing great! How long have you been on the pre-op, I think I remember you saying that you started a little early.

I'm starting mine next Tuesday.

When do you leave to come up north? Are you driving or flying?

Poor Mona had quite the drive up!

Take care Dear!

dee~

Dee I started a little over a week early. I am down 16 since my shocking, earth shattering, life changing all time high that I hit at the Dr office in November. That is what got the ball rolling for me. Not sure how much of the loss is a direct result of my pre-op. Either way I'll take it!!! :wink:

We are flying in on Wednesday afternoon. After reading Mona's tale, I decided I wasn't up for the drive through the mountains if bad weather hit. I had enough of that driving back and forth in bad weather when I would go home to WI from MN during the holidays. :tongue:

LA,

You're smart! I heard that there are tickets from ABQ to Denver for $49.00. That's a great price!

I lost 16 lbs with my first pre-op diet! It seemed like the weight just melted off me. I was so surprised even tho I'd been on the South Beach diet previously. I usually don't have problems losing weight, it's the keeping it off that is so difficult!

Have you eaten any fruit on your pre-op? That was one thing I craved like crazy!!!

I have issues with the keeping it off too! lol. Hence the LapBand. No, no fruit, no yogurt, no sugar, no carbs. It has been soooo hard! I miss my yogurt. I miss my morning oatmeal. I miss sandwiches!

i just keep telling myself it will be worth it! Hang in there. :wink:

I wish I lived in ABQ! Holy smokes that is cheap. It is costing hubby and I $460 to fly from Tucson to Denver.

How come your surgery was postponed last time?

I have a confirmed family history of Malignant Hyperthermia. It's a sensitivity to certain anesthetic agents. If I received this agent, I would die. The anesthesiologist wasn't comfortable doing my surgery in a surgicenter. BUT he didn't bother to read my chart and find this out until after I had my IV in and was ready to go to the OR. Then they kept the IV in for a while hoping to move me upstairs to the main OR but then we found out that only Dr K had privileges for the Main OR. I had the surgery scheduled for the following Monday (the original date was 11/29) but it was canceled that date, then rescheduled for 1/7 and finally rescheduled for the 29th of January because we wanted to make sure everything was ready to roll.

I spoke with Dr. K's office this week and everything will be happening on the 29th! I'm starting to get excited now! I had been holding my emotions in check because I was afraid of being disappointed again.

You know how much it took to plan for your surgery.

Thank God, I still have everything ready!

dee~

Tell me again LA, is your surgery in Aurora or Parker?

I work at the hospital in Parker and I'll be there on Thursday. If you'll be having your surgery at Parker, I could run down and see you!

That would be great!

dee~

John~ OMG! When were those pictures taken? How much have you lost now? I soooo wish my brother would have this done. Does your blog state how the lap band journey has been for you? I'd love for him to see it if it does. Congratulations on the loss...you have changed alot!;)

Dee~ thanks for all the positive input about the school job. How extreme, huh? For me to go from geriatric care (for longer than I wish to state) to children? It seems so perfect for me. But like you, I don't get my hopes up too much...there were A LOT of applications there. (but eeeeeeeee! I really want it!) Thats funny about the pink eye story...I can hear you saying it too...hahahahaa! But, the paper is full of jobs if this one doesn't go through...so! They are also looking for people to help with the equipment at the ymca, which is very close to me. Ya, me working in an exercise place...hahahaha! Now thats ironic! That would be one for my brother to work into his routine!

Dynamo~ man! I hope your son feels better soon! Your poor son. How frustrating to think he's doing everything right now, but is still sick.

LA~ your surger is this Thursday???!!!! Woo hoo! Hey are you going to be in his office on Friday for follow up? Oo Oo! I'll be in there at 10:30...any chance of meeting? I can't remember if out-of-towners do a follow up the next day or not? And flying out of Phoenix to here is about $130 bucks a person round trip cheaper than Tuscon. I fly my friend from Whetstone (near Sierra Vista) here, but not from Tucson...I'm too cheap! heeehee! I make her drive all the way up to Phx! Good luck with everything! I bet your freaky excited! You'll do well with the band. I admire people who are athletic and like to hike and all that (icky) stuff! Hahaha! Keep us posted!

Hey, anyone look at the smily selection??? Where did all my smily choices go? This sucks...I use smilies a lot.:frown:

Have a great one, all! Wishing all a happy Band Day and good choices!