Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

ahhhh thanks Woofay! congrats on the ever so shrinking wardrobe! That is WONDERFUL!! I was wearing my comfy stretch pants the other night and bent over to pick up my dog, when I stood up, my pants fell down, I couldn't pull them up because I was carrying my dog, so I took off down the hall!! I was in my son's room and he had a friend over!!! LOL I wore those pants to the gym tonight but I made sure that I pulled the tie string!

I was actually considering doing the Avon Cancer walk this summer, I think it is like 13 miles a day for two days...anyway, I was researching it and I don't know...you have to raise at least $1800.00 in pledges, you can't walk if you don't...they put you in tents for the night(that does not sound comfy after walking 13 miles). If it weren't for that, I would consider doing it???

My new workout goals....I want to do a mile on the eliptical in 12 minutes, I am just at 1440. I am bored with the treadmill, it takes too long, I would like to increase the eliptical to 2 miles and the bike for 2 miles. Then increase my weights and reps.

My ultimate goal....I want to be able to run!

Can't wait to chat tomorrow and to see all my shrinking friends!

My new scale is broken, I meant to weigh in tonight at the gym, but I forgot to.

Woofay-

You rock woman!! Congrats on the NSV! And just FYI, I don't think their stuff runs that big, so take the compliment! :biggrin1:

I just bought my first pair of jeans in 10 years from AE Outfitters ...they won't fit me yet but I'm going to hang them right on my closet door to remind me that I need to get my butt in gear when I get my cast off next week! Motivation clothing!!!! They are super cute wide leg jeans. I can't wait to get my cast off so I can work out instead of sitting on the computer and shopping!! Hee hee!

Oh, and by the way...across the river is only about 10 to 15 minutes away, so I really don't have any excuse for not going to a gym in Iowa other than the bridge rush hour traffic (which I could easily avoid). I'm really just a slacker!

Dee-

They still have the picture of my little puppy on the humane society website...I'm going to take my chances and drive over there tomorrow on the off chance that the guy that answered the phone didn't know what he was talking about. They have another Jack Russel also, but he's not as cute...:D My husband doesn't know about this yet so I may be headed for divorce (which might be ok at this point as I am not too happy with him lately...) Wish me luck with my puppy endeavor!!

Mal ~ I had looked into a cancer walk too but it was for 3 days and you needed to raise $2500 or you couldn't walk. Same thing with the camp at night etc. Decided to not do it this year, maybe next year.

Good luck with your elliptical goals. I adore the elliptical (hate the treadmill.... booooring) and wish I had access to the gym I used to when I lived in WI. Can't afford one right now.

:):pound:Now I have this picture of Mal, shuffling down the hall with her britches around her ankles....holding that big basset hound...hahahahaha! Girl! You're lucky you didn't break your neck! I have one pair of jeans like that...that are so soft and faded and perfect. They have a draw string...so to me, they will always fit if I pull that tight enough! My mom says they look like balloon clown pants, and I have been baned from wearing them in front of her. (I think they are 26's) I need to start breaking in a new pair to be the "perfect" pair.

You know what else Mal? I was organizing my pictures on Snapfish...part of my New Year's resolution to organize the bazillion pictures I take...and I have each month my Lap Band Gals Album. Man, have we all changed! I was looking at the first time and the time with Marcy....We've come a long way, Baby! Yay for all of us! In fact, this month it may be time to take a pic of us....and post it with the first month beside it!

Munchkin~ I like the way you think! I should buy "goal clothes". Something just a little smaller than what fits and let it hang there...waiting to be put on! Good luck with your puppy! I hope its still there waiting for you to take home!

Oh ya....Bookholder...are you gonna make it tonight? Hope to see you there!

AND....has anyone been on Dr. K's website lately? Go there! If you look under testimonials.....its our one and only Lap Dancer~Patty!!!!! She looks maaaahvalous! And what great pics and story! Yay Patty!

Are any new people looking to come tonight??? The Red Robin Group is growing (and shrinking)! We meet there at 7pm just west of I-25 and Arapahoe. Everyone is welcome! :biggrin1:

LA~yeah, it would take me about a year to find enough sponsors to raise $1800.00...I just don't know enough people~then they say you can put the remaining balance on a credit card, or you can volunteer to work the walk. If you can't complete the $1800.00 required amount, your sponsors don't get their money bac and you can't participate. I used to tent camp, but once I found the Yurts I gave up on tent camping...not comfy enough for me...especially if I have to get up and walk a marathon??? I will stick to the Susan Koman Race for the Cure and maybe find another one to participate in this year. My son (13) is going tot do a triatholon this year. There is no way I could do the swimming, it has been so long since I have been in a bathing suit, I forgot how to swim!

Woofay~I know it was hysterical1 ya' know I never had to tie those pants before! didn't even think about it and they are so light weight that I didn't realize they were falling down until they were down!!! LOL oh well, thank goodness I still wear big long t shirts to hide my bottom...eeeeek!

When I look at the RR pics of months past, I truly don't see a big difference in myself. I even have a before surgery picture and a 6 month picture, not much difference there either (waiting to see more results before posting those). I know there is a difference but I just don't see it~strange, the mental thing.

munchkin~you should post a picture of your inspiration pants! and the pupppy...did you get it? I just love dogs! did you check out the "puppy pics" thread? They are all adorable...LOVE IT!

Did you make it to the gym?

See my LB buddies tonight!!!

I was banded yesterday at 3p.m. by Dr. K, and I am wondering if anyone has some insight to this pain that I am feeling. I don't know if its gas or what. My shoulder feels fine, but I have this awful burning feeling in the pit of my stomach below my sternum every time I take a deep breath in. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Its VERY painful. I really don't even have to breathe deep, but any breathing hurts

Thanks!

MAL:

Hey, where are you going to be doing the Avon walk???? I received some info on one in the mountains, but it is a total of 39 miles in 2 days, not quite sure I could go that far. Although I want to.

My mom was diagnosed late this summer and my grandmother also passed away from breast cancer. I want to do this for them!

Let me know if there is another walk somewhere else...

THANK YOU!!!

Brandy

Sunshine~

I had the same thing, I did really shallow breathing for awhile. Also, it was HORRIBLE to do the breathing thing, to clear your lungs. It did go away by about day 3 or 4.

Hugs!

I hope your feeling better soon!

Brandy

Anita! Congrats on those smaller clothes! I love it! I had to buy a 4xl scrub pants to replace my 5 xl's and my daughter was folding the laundry the other day and she came running in the bedroom, "Moma (that's what she calls me) you're wearing a smaller size?" She was beaming! What a great NSV -- having your child beam with pride! Damn, I love that girl!! Heather is right, Lane Bryants does run small. I think, anyway. I also have much smaller clothes calling my name. I have a smaller pair of jeans that I bought when I first planned my surgery. I have them hanging in the front of the closet where I see them everyday. Also a tinier Babydoll blouse! I can't wait to wear them! Yeah!!!

Heather, I hope your doggie is there! I still feel so bad about not getting our "Barry" -- he was such a dollbaby and he would have added so much joy to our lives. I pray that he went to a good home. If your husband divorces you because of the doggie, just get in your car and drive west and then south! I'll be waiting! Just think you can get your fills from Dr. K!

Mal, Great story! have you heard of suspenders? I had to buy some for my scrubs before I finally got a smaller size. I had a hard time finding a pair. I would ask the very young clerk @ Target or Wal-mart and they looked at me like I had two heads! Yes, my head is freakishly large and the size of two normally sized heads, BUT suspenders are not that odd of a clothing item! Did you know that the human head (normal size, not mine) weighs about 8 lbs? I've lost just over one human head. How many human heads have you lost?

(frequently at work, I lose my own!)

Can't wait to see all of your pretty pretty faces tonight!!!

Hugs,

dee~

Oh! I forgot, my goal Mal is to do the Susan G Koman walk this year! We should have a Lap Band group do it together. I'll be walking in honor of my Grandma Juanita. She died when she was 61 y/o of Breast CA with Met. I was a freshman in HS. She was the sweetest Grandma, the type who'd get on the floor with the kids and play games. Anita, she loved Christmas music (and Josh is always acceptable! -- I got that one for my daugther in her stocking) and listened to it year round -- she also had a Christmas tree in every room! Don't you love those kinds of Grandmas?

Sunshine!

I'm so sorry for your pain. I haven't been banded yet, so I can't tell you why or what, but I wanted to tell you Congrats on your surgery!

I hope the pain subsides and you'll feel better soon! Do pain meds help? Hugs!

Brandy!

Would you be interested in doing the Susan G. Koman Walk for the Cure? And forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't you live in Brighton? If you can ever make it to Red Robins, we'd love to meet you. I know it's a long drive, I used to live up there!

see ya,

dee~

MAL:

Hey, where are you going to be doing the Avon walk???? I received some info on one in the mountains, but it is a total of 39 miles in 2 days, not quite sure I could go that far. Although I want to.

My mom was diagnosed late this summer and my grandmother also passed away from breast cancer. I want to do this for them!

Let me know if there is another walk somewhere else...

THANK YOU!!!

Brandy

Hi Brandy!

So sorry to hear about your mom, how is she doing? My mother passed from breast cancer. She had just turned 40. That was 21 years ago (WOW, how I miss her). I do the Susan G Komen Race For The Cure in October, it is only 5k. The overwhelming feeling of being part of it is something I will keep with me forever. When I turned 40, I decided that I would participate in memory of my mother who died at 40. A good friend just found out she has breast cancer in both breasts. Both were removed and now she is starting the chemo. I hope you get your mammograms (if your old enough). I get a yearly mammo since I was 35.

...and the tears start...:think

Yeah, that was the one...Rocky Mountain Avon Walk for Cancer. Two days, I think it was in Vail??? I might do it IF I stayed in a hotel instead and really worked on the sponsors. I guess I have a few months to prepare if I decide to do it??? I actually threw my invitation away. I would hate to be mentally and physically prepared and then not get the $1800.00 in sponsors. I would deffinatly volunteer if I didn't get the $$ but it would'nt be the same...

There is the Boulder Boulder, I think that one is in May or June???

Bless you and please know that you and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers.

:):girl_hug::(:girl_hug::):girl_hug::):girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug: