Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Mal - I haven't been outside yet. I don't want to try an dig out, with the snow still falling. But will get with it tomorrow. Are you shopping? Do you have kiddos?

Happy crazy shopping day tomorrow. I will see Dr. K on Thursday. I am ready for a fill and more weight loss.

Hugs,

Michelle

No kiddos, I closed Monday and Tuesday, running low this week too, it is quiet and kinda boring around here.

Drive safe today for your fill.

I REALLY need to get my butt back to the gym!!! I have been making terrible food choices AND not working out...grrrrrr!

Woofay~how are you??? I miss your posts...sorry I missed your IM, I always leave my computer on, waste, waste...I hope you are okay....

Shelbie~I sent you a PM with my email, I hope all is well and I hope to hear from you!

Happy New Year LB Buddies!!!

BUMMER!!! It is dumping snow here, I have my 3 out of 4 kids here PLUS 2 of my neighbors kids!!!! Pray for me, usually I would be stuffing my face by now...instead I am on here!

"Be strong...Be strong...Be strong...Be strong!!!!"

Brandy

weight.png

Munchkin: I am liking the Isopure so far. It really fills me up good. Tomorrow will be a bigger test since I am back to work after my mini Christmas Vacation.

Yesterday morning I did vanilla Isopure mixed with Vanilla Soy milk and that held me over until dinner at 4. Then I had baked salmon and broccoli for dinner and a chocolate Isopure shake for a treat later on. I was content. Hard to watch and SMELL everyone else eat reese's Peanut Butter cups and peanut m&m's.. uggggh... but I made it through with no cheating. :eek:

I only have the Vanilla and Chocolate tubs of Isopure powder. I haven't tried any of the drinks yet. The watermelon sounds yummy.... I may have to check out some of the premixed dinks. :)

Brandy: Hang in there!!! :cool: go have a snowball fight with the kids, help them burn off some energy! Good exercise for you.

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it is dumping here in Colorado, thank G-d I don't have a million kiddos around me - yikes Brandy!

I am getting ready for my fill. I am going to ask Dr. K to take out all the saline and then replace it. I don't know whether I need a fill or a lobotomy. What is it with bad food choices and stuffing until I puke? I'm with you Mal, I am bored. I am going to start looking at part time teaching jobs or barista jobs that have insurance. Smiles!

I'll let you all know later regarding the fill.

Hugs and stay safe.

Michelle

Dynamo~I hope your ppointment went well today. This is the thried time I have tried to post, my intranet keeps going bizzerk and I lose my post! so here goes!!!

I am wondering where my motivation went??? I haven't been tot he gym is sooo long and I am eating like crap!!! Cookies for Breakfast, candy, yucky stuff. I was doing so good at the gym, three miles of cardio and a good work out on the weights...I must get my head back into it!!! I refuse to step on the scale, it will be too depressing, I will wait until I get back on track...The only work out I got was shoveling the snow.

I attended a couple christmas gatherings and only one person noticed that I lost!!! grrrrrr!!! One person out of like 30!!! ahhh screw em', they all knew I had the LB and they all know that I was working my butt off, oh well, live and learn...if I could go back, I wouldn't tell anyone (except my LB buddies and family).

a new year and a new life..cheers!

Mal - my appointment was great. I love Dr. K. I don't know if we got it right this time. He took out all the liquid 2.6 cc and put in 2.8. We'll see. I met Natalie for the first time. She's very nice. She gave me some information on nutrition.

I understand what you are talking about. I eat yucky stuff, junk stuff, not even tasty. My brother talks about becoming a food snob and I think I need to do that. I am on the SeeFood diet. You know, but it isn't a joke. Don't worry about the jerks at the party. One of the things I have figured out over the years is that people are so self-involved, they miss everything. I spend whole days with people and they never notice my missing finger and are shocked when they do notice.

So, Dr. K put it in perspective. I am 32 weeks out from surgery and I have officially (on his scale) lost 31.6 pounds, so that is a pound a week. He said that is terrific!

I went to exercise today, all dressed and then I couldn't find the key to get into the gym and of course, no other crazy member was there in all this snow. Oh well. Tomorrow.

Hugs all,

Michelle

:help::help::help::help:This is from Tarheelluv...

Hi all. I have been reading all the new posts on the whole lapbandtalk forum for a few days. It really freaks me out to see that other surgeons require 4 and 5 weeks of liquid diet after the surgery. And people will flame you big time if you post anything to the contrary. They say you will ruin your band if you eat this, and this, and this. I talked to Natalie about 5 days after my surgery and just casually mentioned that I was hungry and she said I could go ahead and advance my diet as I felt comfortable. I read on Dr K's website that he wants a day or two of clear liquid, then add Soups and Protein Shakes through day 5 then advance slowly and finally go to soft foods for the "immature lap band" (meaning before 1st fill). Dr K's info seems to indicate the goal is not to vomit. But other than that, as long as we advance the diet slowly- WE CAN ADVANCE THE DIET. What is going on with all of these other people saying only liquids for 4 or 4 weeks? Am I going to ruin my band by eating mushy foods and soft foods within the first month?

This one is for me...I know you experienced bandsters can help us!!!

I am worried about the same thing!!! I am at week 2, my first fill is scheduled for 1/8. I am eating "mushies" and Protein shakes...I am worried!! I hope that I don't stretch the pouch or worse, slip the band! I would love to hear from others about this...have you posted on the other Dr. K forum? There seems to be a little more traffic there....

Brandy

Brandy~I know it can be frustrating hearing about different Dr's and their post op instructions. All I can say is that I followed Dr. K's instructions. I have had no problems with my band, now my head hunger is driving me insane!!! I have lost my control over the holidays and have made the wrong food choices, but as far as the healing and after surgery, everything went smooth for me.

Brandy - I was able to advance to mushies within a couple of days...for Dr. K it was just to be comfortable and HEAL. I think out of MANY folks here on lapbandtalk I was into real food before most and my pouch isn't stretched and I healed fine. I really felt that my body/mind regulated what I needed to eat and what I didn't need to eat pretty well....I didn't have any issues with "missing" food..not for a couple of months anyway. Really, listen to your body (something we've all had to learn to do) and do what's right for YOU. Honestly, I think some docs say to stay on liquids for so long to make THEM look good (ie. "I had a patient lose 40 lbs the first 2 months!" Easy to do on a liquid diet!) Take it in stride, listen to advise, and then do what YOU feel is best for YOU!

Good luck!

Mal - my appointment was great. I love Dr. K. I don't know if we got it right this time. He took out all the liquid 2.6 cc and put in 2.8. We'll see. I met Natalie for the first time. She's very nice. She gave me some information on nutrition.

Natalie is very nice. I haven't really had time to talk with her much. I am usually in hurry to leave after my appointments. I did get to meet her and we had a short chat once. She seems like a very knowledgable person and very sweet.

I understand what you are talking about. I eat yucky stuff, junk stuff, not even tasty. My brother talks about becoming a food snob and I think I need to do that. I am on the SeeFood diet. You know, but it isn't a joke. Don't worry about the jerks at the party. One of the things I have figured out over the years is that people are so self-involved, they miss everything. I spend whole days with people and they never notice my missing finger and are shocked when they do notice.

"self-involved"...isin't that the truth! I know that I am not losing weight to get noticed or to get compliments from people, but these people know what I have been through over the years, trying to lose the weight, they know how hard I have been working...and 45 pounds....might not be a lot, but surley one can tell...oh well!

So, Dr. K put it in perspective. I am 32 weeks out from surgery and I have officially (on his scale) lost 31.6 pounds, so that is a pound a week. He said that is terrific!

TERRIFIC indeed my friend, you have truly been working your bottom off!! Way to go, and you even tried to hit the gym today in all this snow...brrrrrr...good for you! I have a treadmill and I haven't even worked out on that!! I must get it together!!!

I went to exercise today, all dressed and then I couldn't find the key to get into the gym and of course, no other crazy member was there in all this snow. Oh well. Tomorrow.

Hugs all,

Michelle

Hey all... I had my phone consult with DrK today. I am feeling so much better about everything. He answered my long list of questions and put me at ease about my high BMI, my sleep apnea, etc. etc. I am completely comfortable now going forward with this procedure and am so glad I picked DrK!! :rolleyes::)

Thanks Marcy and Mal!!! I did eat mushies (inside of stuffed shells) this is the first real signifigant food that I have had and it was so great!!! Although, I think that I ate to fast and/or to much because I feel really tight. Like something isn't moving quite right. So I am drinking trying to push it through...

I will keep listening to my body and (try) to obey it!!! We all know how hard that can be!

Michelle~ I can't believe you tried to go to the gym! You rock, girl!!! I am getting ancy to work out too, I actually enjoy the gym, it gets me away from my kids! Ha!!

Thanks again girls!!!

Brandy :rolleyes:

Congrats LA!!! You will be so happy to be in bandland!!!

Where in AZ are you? I will be visiting the in-laws in Mesa in Feb and again in March for a baseball tourney. Maybe we could meet if your close by...

Again, Congrats to you. You have made a good choice!!!

LA~YIPEEE! CONGRATS! Dr. K is Great you made the right choice.

Brandy~take it slooooooow and chew,chew and PLEASE be careful with drinking if you feel tight or stuck, it could make it worse, then a PB...no, no can't have that...no vomiting! Baby bites and chew. Are you on the mushies? What goes through a straw but not using a straw...or are you on soft foods? either way take it slooooow! Good luck