Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Merry Christmas to some!!!

Happy Holidays to all!!!

And the best New Year to less of us!!!

Just back from the Pacific Northwest where it rained:rain: for a solid week. I went to a local gym and worked out six days in a row.:whoo::whoo::whoo: Damn I'm good. It was a relief to get a break from the daily crying screaming drama with three kids under the age of 8. I went to the gym, put on my new Nano Ipod (thanks to my boys) and rocked out. Then I could smile sweetly with all the chaos around me. I am so happy to be in that place now. Before I would have eaten through the stressors.

Hugs to all - yeah Dee, we all want that!

Michelle

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

I have not posted in awhile, but read everyday! Things on this end ar much better! I am feeling better, and I am even down 18.5 pounds!! For me that is great...now I am just excited to start/finish my journey in 2008! Santa even brought me $200 from Kohls so that I could buy new clothes as the weight comes off. I was a 20/22W when I went in for surgery and last night I was able to put on an 18W (jeans) and an XL sweater. That was the best feeling!!! I hope to take monthly progress pictures as well, so I can "see" the difference.

I am starting week 2 and would love to know what anyone ate, as I am full of liquids for awhile....

Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

Brandy

weight.png

Continued good wishes Brandy.

Merry Holidays to you all!

Sending you photos from today. I do not weigh myself but choose to save it for Dr. K's office. Office visit in a little less than two months but I FEEL GREAT!

Hope you all are doing really well through the parties and goodies.

I thank GOD for this band because I know if I didn't have it I'd be plowing my way through all the sweets with no stop switch. Feeling FULL is an awesome incentive.

I wish us all a superb 2008! Can you FEEL how we will feel this time next year? I can!

Taken a few hours ago at sunset. No flash, little makeup...

IMG_0435.jpg

One for the holidays

How we do it in Florida!

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

and my trees the one upstairs and the one downstairs (gold)

100_0493_edited.jpg

Merry Christmas! It is a white Christmas...shoveling will be my work out today!!

thanks for sharing the pictures Lap, you look wonderful!

Dynamo~I can't work out without my ipod, I know you will enjoy it!

Mal - I haven't been outside yet. I don't want to try an dig out, with the snow still falling. But will get with it tomorrow. Are you shopping? Do you have kiddos?

Lap - you do look great. I would miss the snow, but when I have to try to get anywhere, it isn't as fun. Plus I worry about my sons driving. Max is defrosting his car as we speak.

Happy crazy shopping day tomorrow. I will see Dr. K on Thursday. I am ready for a fill and more weight loss.

Hugs,

Michelle

Merry Christmas!!

I am really thankful for the lapband today. But.....I sure kept trying to push the boundaries. I just couldn't talk the lapband into letting me eat more. It seems like a couple of BP's would help, but I kept pushing, just one more piece of fudge. Boy was I uncomfortable. Then about the time I was feeling better, I would go and get another piece. Old habits are dead yet, but at least it was one piece at a time instead of 6 pieces every half hour.

You know snow is wonderful when it is falling outside, as long as I am inside with no place I have to go.

God bless

Mare

I tried to read more of this thread today and have read through about 80 pages. My eyes are bugging! lol. I did get some great info and also realized the bumpy roads some of you had. Wow.

I have my phone consult on Thursday with DrK and am very excited for my surgery! I am trying to get started on the high Protein / low carb diet but am not sure how many carbs are ok? I already talked with Paula but we didn't really cover my pre-op diet.

I did pick up Isopure from GNC and plan on trying to do that for Breakfast and maybe lunch. Or a lunch of salad with tuna. dinner of baked salmon and veggies. Is that seriously going to be enough to shrink my liver?? Would DrK be able to answer that for me during our phone consult or should I try and contact Paula again?

Can anyone go over their pre op diet for me? Thanks for any help. :D :D

LapDancer: You look wonderful! ;) What is your loss to date? I am starting with a high BMI also and have been following your posts.

I read that you had difficulties with a fill, but couldn't find out the circumstances. Would you mind re-posting it?

Also, did your 2 day fast before surgery help? I was thinking of trying it if it did.

LA,

I hope you had a good Christmas (as well as everyone else)! I think Dr.K will be able to answer your questions about the preop diet. He basically doesn't want you to eat anything "white". No potatoes, no rice, no Pasta, no white bread, etc. That was what he told me.

What do you think of your Isopure? What flavor did you get? I have a whole case of the apple-melon sitting here and it is not agreeing with me much. I really like the grape one though. If you like the apple melon let me know and maybe I can ship it to you! I do thank God for Isopure though, because I do not like Protein Shakes AT ALL. I am really sensitive to the smell of them for some reason.

Let us know how your consult goes and how you like your Isopure!

Merry Christmas!!

I am really thankful for the lapband today. But.....I sure kept trying to push the boundaries. I just couldn't talk the lapband into letting me eat more. It seems like a couple of BP's would help, but I kept pushing, just one more piece of fudge. Boy was I uncomfortable. Then about the time I was feeling better, I would go and get another piece. Old habits are dead yet, but at least it was one piece at a time instead of 6 pieces every half hour.

You know snow is wonderful when it is falling outside, as long as I am inside with no place I have to go.

God bless

Mare

I'll say! But thank goodness I was not able to take it to the limits but stayed within a fenced area of normal limits.

Enjoy that snow friends. It is most lovely to look at. I recall well driving in it, on it...bluck...but it sure is beautiful to look at.

Onward we go!

Patty

Merry Christmas!!

God bless

Mare

I'll say! But thank goodness I was not able to take it to the limits but stayed within a fenced area of normal limits.

Enjoy that snow friends. It is most lovely to look at. I recall well driving in it, on it...bluck...but it sure is beautiful to look at.

Onward we go!

Patty

I am back in Denver, getting back into my schedule. Hope all your Xmas activities went well. The eating issue is ongoing. I do better then slide. I ate a whole box of truffles, yes, one at a time. I figured out that I had 1200 calories of chocolate - whew! But they are finally gone. What craziness is this? I am bored, need a job or something to do with my hands. I couldn't pull out the paints, who knows why?

I am doing better today. Each day is a victory. I see Dr. K tomorrow. I am a little nervous about the scale.< /span>

Hugs,

Michelle

I am back in Denver, getting back into my schedule. Hope all your Xmas activities went well. The eating issue is ongoing. I do better then slide. I ate a whole box of truffles, yes, one at a time. I figured out that I had 1200 calories of chocolate - whew! But they are finally gone. What craziness is this? I am bored, need a job or something to do with my hands. I couldn't pull out the paints, who knows why?

I am doing better today. Each day is a victory. I see Dr. K tomorrow. I am a little nervous about the scale.< /span>

Hugs,

Michelle

Michelle - I, too, have found that it's just toooo easy to eat the crap! I've just downed a handful of Almond Rocca (do the Almonds count as "good"?). My grandma sent Harry and David fruit:hungry:, but I can't eat fruit for some reason...get's stuck. I made some pear coffee cake with some of the over-ripe pears tonight and well, THAT went down ok! Go figure! However, I DID eat a handful of truffles the other night at a party (not much else) and lost a pound! Haha! You never know!:)

Sorry I missed out on all the Merry Christmas well, wishing. I hope everyone is having a good holiday season and getting some TRUE meaning about what it's all about!