Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

CONFESSION~

I forgot about my anniversary (the day we met, not our wedding), we usually Celebrate. It is Friday. I can't make it, I feel just terrible!!! My hubby knows tht I forgot about it too, I mentioned that I was having a busy week this week, something to do every evening, then I said "and on Friday, it's dinner with the Lapband Ladies"...silence, then I remembered...DARN IT!!!!

sorry gals!...I'll miss ya'

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me how the fill process goes with Dr. Kirshenbaum? I will be traveling to CO. each month for my fill so I am trying to get an idea of how he does a fill and by what method...Fleuro something? I even saw one post where he filled someone all the way up then took some out. I am patient but at $300.00 a flight it can get expensive even it is free for 3 months. How many fills did you folks need to get? Thanks for all the help and I will be banded by Mr. K next month so hope all goes well.

Okay - Is there another time Mal, that we can meet? I can do Saturday at 12:30. Lap are you coming into town? When?

It sounds like things are falling apart for Friday.

M :omg:

U-N-F-I-L-L Okay, 0.2 cc's may not sound like much of an unfill...but it sure made a huge difference!!!

I can eat solids again with no discomfort... and just the right restriction (well, the scale will confirm that soon enough I guess).

Taynah -- Wowzers! You're down 40 pounds and 2 pant sizes -- you are doing amazing! Way to go, girl.:whoo:

Living the dream -- Welcome and good luck on your upcoming surgery! I'm having fills locally, so I can't help you there, but I'm sure there's someone here who can and will.

Happy Tuesday peeps! I'm counting the days until my second fill -- I'm still hungry, dagnabit!

Hey Gang!!! Long time no chat! Lots of newbies here since I last checked in.....but I need some advice! I was banded by Dr. K last December so I'm quickly coming up on my 1 yr bandiversary! My last fill was in May and my weight loss has stalled in the last few months. Not sure if it's b/c I need another fill or if I have stretched my band? Anyways, I really want to do a fill under fluro w/Dr. K....but last time I tried to ask for that, I think Marilyn said that Dr. K only does Fluro fills if there is a serious problem!? So my question is how do you suggest I convince them that I need a fill under fluro??

Thanks for the help! Glad to see you all doing so well!!

Howdy! I'm back from Phoenix and I'm so glad! It was in the 90's and far too hot for me! Plus all the reasons I got out of that city came back to me quite quickly! The wedding was beautiful...up at the Anthem Country Club and the view was lovely if the desert does it for you.

Okay, when are we meeting???? Can't figure it out from the posts!

Dynamo~ did you have a great time? I can do lunch too! It may even be better for me to come up with the sun up with the winter coming!

Mal~ Hi girly!:D

Taynuh~ .2cc for me makes a huge difference. Congrats on feeling better! I plan to try and get about .3 put in before the holidays...

Talk to you all soon...:biggrin1:

Please don't change the date for me.

I woke up this morning and found my cat of 13 years had passed...another sad day...

Oh Mal I am so sorry to hear about your long time Pal. Your pets are so special to us.

I am glad to be home but having a little trouble getting into gear. The 19 hour drive home just wears me out. We got home yesterday, and forgot daylight savings time, so my husband went to work last night an hour early. Bummer! I overslept this am and need to be somewhere at 9:15am, but I am not moving or typing fast.

I am open to RR any time just about. Can't wait to see everyone, wish we could include the gal who will be here on the 12th, too, but we kinda set this one up based on Lapdancer's schedule. Maybe we need to plan ahead so everyone can schedule there fills on the same day. Can't you just see Marilyn trying to schedule the RR group on one day.

I was suppose to have a fill today, but I called and cancelled. I am still pretty tight. One thing I noticed, while in Mexico, was that when I am tense my band tightens to the point that I have trouble with Water. What an experience. Bad situations mentally cause me to eat, but the band says "Oh no you don't, I am going to restrict you even further, so don't even try food for comfort."

Lots to say, but no time. Nickanut where are you and how are you doing?

Mare

Sorry to hear about your cat, Mal. I lost one over a year ago after almost 16 years. I still have days when I miss her little chubbiness and her cute ways. Cats are part of the family unit and when you have had them so long you do miss them. My cat was a huge part of my life and was like a kid to me. Sorry again for your loss. :D

Shelbie,

I hear ya on the hunger. Physically I am not really hungry much these days. But, psycholigically, I am constantly thinking about food and in huge portions. I get very frustrated about the idea that I cannot eat as much as my mind wants too. I am surprised by how much I "miss" eating big amounts...

Tina (who is craving a huge rocky dog loaded with everything like crazy!)

Shelbie, by the way, 30 pounds down is awesome... what strikes me is how we all lose differently... which makes sense, all different metabolisms, diets, bands and fill amounts... and approaches.

I need to start walking and working out soon, but I really hate exercise... and currently, I use having a pre-schooler (wow, she's growing fast) as my excuse... but I need to get out there and "just do it" as Nike's ads say...

Thanks, Woofay.. I have to say, I am still amazed at what a difference just .2cc's makes.. I mean I think a teaspon is like 5 cc's (I think ml's and cc's are equivalent?), so .2 seems so tiny... heck, the fact that my band has less than a teaspoon in it is kinda neat and amazing... who'd have thought that a teaspoon of saline could be so powerful!

:D Tina