Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I'm so sad that I can't meet up with you at RR. The picture of you all looks great though! Mal and Michelle you are looking terrific! And Michelle with rosy cheeks after this week?!

Things are good here. Got some good restriction going on, but I can snack if I want to and I'm learning to NOT WANT TO!

Welcome Bookholder, Sherry & Jenifer!

Anita -- those are great "mommy hours" you have. Can't wait to hear about your first day! :)

Mal -- Last night's score: Ice cream 1, Karen 0. I will win the battle tonight, though!

RR Ladies -- I love seeing your beautiful THINNING faces; the transformation inspires me. Anita and Marcy -- I get sad, too, because I'm not at RR, but then I think, heck, I've never even met these women in real life; why am I sad? But honestly, I feel like I know you all better than I do real life people because you share so much of yourselves here and because you are among the very small group of people who even know I have a band! I don't know what I'd do without the support here!

Ok, now I'm getting a little verklempt :cry. Talk amongst yourselves. (Said in my best Linda Richman voice.)

Hi all -

Yes, ShelbiCallie - we do know each other on a deeper level than our friends on the street can ever know us. It is the common experience of being overweight in a society of "thin is in", our sharing the good and bad here, and our band decision that goes deep into our gut. It isn't about THEM, but about US.

Mal - thanks for putting our mugs here. We do look thinner. Wow!

Woofay - we'll see you soon, but you were missed.

I hope the date we get for next month is established soon and someone else should organize it because I will be gone, maybe not able to compute for two weeks. Mal - Woofay -- Mare someone else please take over.

Hugs to you all,

Michelle

Great pic, gals!!!

Welcome Sherry, Jenifer, and Bookholder! A very short time ago I was contemplating, planning, freaking out, and committing~ all of a sudder, poof!...the surgery was here and gone, and I am a month out today!!

SEPT girls...how are you all feeling??

Michelle~ the power the IRS has nauseates me. It has to be the only organization that takes our money (lots of it) and then terrifies us with their power later....let us know how it all ends up.

Woof~ can you make it Monday??

Mal~ can't wait to meet you! Can I join the women-who-love-ice-cream-and-shouldn't-eat it club??? THe mint chocolate chip won here last night:p

Drew~ what is your roller derby name? I went on the web page and couldn't figure it out...man it looks like fun to watch a match!

MONDAY, OCT. 15TH LET'S GET TOGETHER EVERYONE!

If someone wants to meet somewhere other than RR, we can take a vote. It doesn't matter to me....Do you want to all meet at 6 or 7??

I really enjoy our Red Robin meetings. I plan on being there Monday too.

Lapdancer, when are you going to be in Denver, so we can plan Novembers get together then.

I leave the 21st of October and will be back November 5th. We are going to Mexico, Puerto Penasco. I am really excited because we figured out how to get my son and his new wife down for three days. Air fare to Phoenix, round trip for two just $280. Wow you got to love it.

Marilyn

Hi all...although I've posted a few things, I thought I'd post a timeline of my weight loss gain/loss history, since it went on for 40 years and I feel that I'm starting a new life, even though it's close to the waning days of my life. I'm 63 years old and only discovered this procedure a year ago because of a friend who has had great success. Here it is:

Late 1960’s and early 1970’s

• Atkins
  • Weight Watchers
  • “diet” doctor

(All of these resulted in various degrees of success, but ultimately, regained weight)

Between 1971 and 1978

• Weight Watchers (joined 2 or 3 times)
  • Atkins
  • juice fasts
  • apple cider vinegar

(Again, all of these resulted in various degrees of success, but ultimately, regained weight)

• Weight Watchers @65 lbs. lost

• Weight Watchers @40 or 50 lbs. lost
  • Hypnotherapy
  • “SunRider” herbal cleansing diet

January 1986

• follow-up medicine to fen-fen @40 lbs. lost
  • Weight Watchers

1996 to 2004

• Attempt at self-acceptance stayed at @ 330 plus or minus

June 2004

• Slim4Life 141 lbs. lost in 16 months

So to all of you who are considering this procedure, I encourage you to not yo-yo your whole life. You are so lucky to have this available to you. My life would have been a lot less painful had I had access to this procedure in my 20's rather than now in my 60s. However, I feel that the rest of my is going to be qualtiy!!! Hooray!!

Good Luck!

WELCOME Jen! Thanks for sharing your story it sounds very familiar...

Dee~I just wanted to let you know that we will be holding your hand today...let us know how your appointment went!

Dynamo~don't worry about the RR meetings, we will manage! Have a RELAXING and FUN time in Mexico...and BEHAVE!!!...LOL

Woofay~How did the first day go?

awwww poooo!

I was looking at my calendar and I knew something was missing on it!!! I can't make it Monday~my son's friend is having surgery on Monday and we are going to visit him in the hospital...DARN! Sorry ladies, please post pictures. Hopefully next month we can all get together. I was thinking about trying Dr. K's support group (I've never been to one, would like to try it...)

Mal: Dr. K's support group is great...lots of fun because everybody has lots to say. I've enjoyed it. Next meeting is November 13th at 6:30 at Dr. K's office. Hope to see you there.

Hi Everyone -

Don't put me out on a siesta yet. I am here and happening until Tues am. However, my mind is going a mile a minute trying to get it all together.

Jenifermarch - your timeline looked so familiar. yes, we can lose on a diet, but it all falls apart and then it is a terrible thing psychologically, emotionally and physically. I haven't been close to "perfect" on my band diet, but am taking measures to really change my lifestyle, and even under tremendous stress (yes, the binge eating reemerges) - but I have other positive things in place that pull me back into positive eating behaviors that save an extreme weight gain. In addition to my band I have a trainer, psychologist and until last week an acupuncturist, that I will go back to on an as needed basis. I am really under construction with marvelous positive people around me. It takes that for me to change, because the pattern has lasted for so many years (I'm 57).

Hugs all, have wonderful weekends,

Michelle

Hey all...my ticker is moving again! Only 2 lbs., but I'll take whatever I can get. This last fill is perfect I think!

Well, it looks like I won't be joining y'all after all. I found a doctor in San Antonio just 90 minutes away who does the surgery for $12,000 plus about $1000 in pre-op testing and eval fees. It's a few thousand more but it includes a year of after-care and won't involve a plane ticket and perhaps some lost time at work for travel.

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work!