Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

:):car::):car::car::car::car::car::car:

Who: Bandsters around the Denver area

Where: Red Robin (Arapahoe and I25)

When: September 11 at 7 pm

Why: Because we deserve support, healing, and fun!

Please come. We really do have a good time.

:tea::tea::tea::tea::tea::tea::tea::tea:

I'm sad that I won't be able to join you all....maybe I can get Andrew to transfer to Colorado State Police or something? Hmmm...just a thought!

Halibut tonight...hope it goes down well!

I'll be getting my next fill Oct. 3rd and I'm going to tell him to just make it tight, I'll be in town for several days and can get re-adjusted if need be before I come home...does that sound reasonable?

Yay I'm done!!!

I'm feeling great, have already been out and about. The sore throat is the worst part of this whole thing. I have only taken one shot of meds, don't really feel like I need them, but I will take some more before I go to bed. I've been getting down a lot of liquids and the Isopure. Lap_dancer is soooo right - the strawberry-kiwi propel is the bestest!

Thank you everyone for the good thoughts!!! I wanted to let you all know that I'm doing great! I was more tense at the beginning of the week, now I feel like I can just relax!!!

Tina - I saw them bring you into recovery!! You looked like you were doing great my dear! How is my bandster twin doing??

Want2be - Replying to your question about your pre-op diet. YES, it is very very normal to feel junky at the beginning of the diet. I had bad headaches on day 3 and 4, I know it was from sugar withdrawls. After that, I was feeling much better.

Thank you all for telling me that I was in the right place!! I knew I going to feel silly for asking!

My aunt is a nurse and works in a surgery center like that, but it completely freestanding and not connected to a hospital. That confused me so thank you for humoring my concern! LOL

The entire staff there was amazing and of course, Dr. K is my favorite! :)

WOO-HOO littleroo!!!!

WOO-HOO tina!!

Glad you did well!!! it was sure nice of you to go 6 days ahead of me and to come out cheering!!!!

Littleroo, Thanks for letting me know you felt funked on the NO carb diet ~ I have felt like some little devil has possessed me! I keep trying to bop him down with cheese, but, some moments, he comes up screaming! I felt physically drained early this evening, and took a nap.. better now, but still wiped out. Gawd, I hope I am not this much of a whiner next week!

:nervous

Shelbi ~ thanks for the compliment...I loveee to write, but unfortunately, that has also been something that has become buried, hidden somewhere under the chunks of cellulite. Man, the self worth issues that come with being a "failure" at something as elementary as taking care of oneself can be debilatating (has been for me anyway). Maybe this board is helping me open up with the encouragement I have been receiving! Thanks so much for your kind words!

Woof~ glad you're back! So, this is a reallyyyyy stupid question..you can have local or general, it sounds. Do we all get that choice, or only because he is fixing a problem? Does he only have to replace the port? how did the doc figure out what was leaking? If this isn't too personal...how is Dr. K taking care of this money-wise? Being self-pay, I have wondered how I would take care of this if something malfunctioned.

I am kind of bummed, that I will be sipping stuff, peeking at my stitches or staples, watching a rerun of something, and taking gas-x when all of you are meeting in Denver the night of my surgery!!:) Please, please eat some divine appetizer for me! :)

Yay I'm done!!!

I'm feeling great, have already been out and about. The sore throat is the worst part of this whole thing. I have only taken one shot of meds, don't really feel like I need them, but I will take some more before I go to bed. I've been getting down a lot of liquids and the Isopure. Lap_dancer is soooo right - the strawberry-kiwi propel is the bestest!

+++++++++++++

Hi Littleroo and all...

Yup, it went fine... no probs....today I'm a little tender...but I am also having menstraul cramps....so maybe thats the issue.

I made the mistake of weighing myself...hmm, I gained 3 pounds... must be a lot of IV liquid. :) or monthly Water retention...

I looked for you Roo but did not see you. I'm glad yours went well too.... We did not get to Crown Pont until 12:50... as Paul and Tessa needed to stop for lunch en route. :) Dr. K told Paul that the surgery before me took only 78 minutes...so that musta been you...the recovery stuff I guess takes longer... I slept a lot I guess. But it sure was good to wake up...lol. I was a little worried I would not...

Everyone else, thanks! No the real journey begins... I just know I am hungry and sipping fruit juice is not really all that...lol

But I am very psyched and plan to work my lapband like crazy once I mend...

Good luck all....

Tina

Yeah Littleroo and Taynah! Congratualtions on your new life...take it easy and remember, this time is for RECOVERY not weight loss...walk a lot, drink a lot, and dream of the new you!

Today is my anniversary - 10 years! Time flies when you're having fun! (So, apparently, does the scale!)

I'm having issues when it's mealtime. Last night I noticed that when I finally had my plate in front of me (after cooking, setting the table, serving the kids, and our guests) that I just inhaled 2-3 bites...well that wasn't so good. I realized I've been doing this a lot, especially with dinner! Anyway, I was uncomfortable for about 7-10 minutes then was able to eat one more bite of my AWESOME (if I do say so myself) halibut and just stuck to some broccoli....I was dissapointed that I couldn't eat more fish - it was so yummy! Oh well. I've got to get a handle on myself!

hello all!

quick question: did any of you cheat, just a little bit, preop, and still have decent livers?

I have done awesome (today is day 4), but today had some sugar in my coffee, a hard candy, and a little cerveza...otherwise, nothing but meat, eggs, veggies, and cheese!

whatcha think?

wanttobe- You'll be ok. Just do it for your liver. A little cheat won't kill you. A big cheat like lots of fries and bread might make him go in there and close you up saying he can't do surgery.

marcy - I know just what you mean about being hungry like that. I have taken to drinking a Protein Shake in between meals to stave off hunger. I kinda forget to eat until I am ravenous and we all know how yucky that feels to down two bites then PB or get the giant hurt in the chest. It pisses me off, there is a part of eating hearty that I miss.

Ok guys - how about hearing from you if you are going to meet at Red Robin???? Drews??? Mal???? Woofay???? All other Denver area Bandsters???? come on have fun with us.

Hugs,

Michelle

Happy Anniversary Marcy!

I'm still doing well today - more sore than yesterday but that is part of the healing process. I'd like to get my hands on some full liquids soon, but that is this weekend and I will survive until then!