Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Good morning! Looking forward to some great 4th of July times...my hubby is actually off for a few (4) days. Much deserved after the many hours of work and conference in Tennessee the last few weeks. Almost forgot what he looks like! Hee hee!

The scale is yet to move, but its also not moving up, so that's not so bad. For some reason lately my band has felt tighter also. Had a bit of my first PB out at Gunther Toodies the other night. Wasn't bad and was over very quickly and not as bad as some I've heard described, but surprising nontheless! I was eating a grilled tuna sandwich, which I know we are not suposed to do bread, but nothing has really effected me yet. Pretty wild! I would think, right now, that around .5 cc will put me right where I want to be. Can't wait for the 10th to see if that's the ticket!

Dynamo~ are you settling in after your fabulous vacation? Your last post sounded like you were able to talk yourself back in the groove! You have such a wonderful mindset!

MAL!!!! Tomorrow is the day! You're going to be filled up! Woo hoo! You will have a "mature" band! Hurray!

Drews~ do you think you still need a slight unfill? And you say this just happened that it got tighter? So wild!

Marcy~ the time is getting closer! You must be excited!

DrRX~Are you getting freaky excited since they scheduled your surgery date? I remember I was just walking on a cloud when they actually gave me my date!

Lap Dancer~ has anything worked out yet?

Have a great day! It is going to be a warm one here today! Goodness I wish I could move this ticker thing!

Yes I really am freaky excited. It seemed like it wasn't real until they set the date.

I do need some advice though. A part of me feels like I should eat whatever I want until I go on the Pre-Op diet, but another part of me feels like I should continue to try to diet. What did you guys do?

I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks. This is my first post. I'm from OKC and I'm considering using Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver. Like many of you, I'm self pay and his services are more in my price range if you know what I mean!! I have a few questions....

Has the doctor or his office helped you find a fill doctor or follow-up care in your area?

What was the process like after you made the first call?

How long were you in Dever for pre- and post-op???

Thanks for any information.

Amie

Hi Woffay!

Wow, your hubby really does deserve some time off, he (and you) have been through a lot! I hope your next fill will be the one! I am sooo looking foward to my fill. I haven't lost anything for weeks, I know this is supposed to be my "healing" time. I have lost 20 lbs, but nothing for weeks. I started working out, writing down what I eat, drinking my Water and Protein Shakes, muti Vitamin, calcium....seems like I am doing what I am supposed to??? I actually think that I have gained a couple pounds (sometimes it is hard to tell on my old busted up scale). I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow at Dr. K's???

Am I suposed to be on liquids tomorrow for my fill????

Mal~ you don't need to do liquids before your fill. But he told me not to eat much for a couple of hours before. I guess it does make sense not to eat a 4 course meal before it.

DrRX~ I started my pre-0p diet on April 1st and my surgery was on the 13th. I can't say I went into last supper mode then. I went into last supper mode before my first fill. That was kinda bad...:)

Well everyone, I am camping out in the back yard with my boys. We told them we would. What was I thinking? So the tent is up, the sleeping bags are ready...and I hope I don't sneak back upstairs to my bed during the night! hee hee! Wonder if my WiFi works out to the middle of the backyard???!!! Have a great night!

Thanks Woofay, have fun camping!!! What an awesome mom you are!!!

I have kind of been in last supper mode before my fill, I keep thinking, I might not be able to tolerate certain foods (like steak), so I had rib eye last night...yummmm!

<p>

I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks. This is my first post. I'm from OKC and I'm considering using Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver. Like many of you, I'm self pay and his services are more in my price range if you know what I mean!! I have a few questions....</p> <p>Has the doctor or his office helped you find a fill doctor or follow-up care in your area?</p> <p>What was the process like after you made the first call? </p> <p>How long were you in Dever for pre- and post-op???</p> <p> </p> <p>Thanks for any information.</p> <p>Amie
</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>

Welcome! Dr. K and his staff are wonderful! I ca't help with the follow up question, but I can tell you about the process I went through, the information is in my signature. Things moved along very quickly for me, I actually could of had my surgery sooner, but I held out for the next available Friday appointment. I have a close friend that is a physician and another who is a nurse and they both tell me that Dr. K is a very well respected surgeon . My physicain friend says he sends patients to Dr. K often.

Keep us posted! This is a great group of ladies and gents!

Hi Everyone!!!

My goodness!! So many new Dr. K people. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a long while, but I've been busy since it's summer and all!

I am counting the days until I can get my port fixed. I'll be having surgery on July 23rd to accomplish that. Believe me, that day can not get here soon enough. I am so surprised I haven't gained any weight.

I've only had that one fill, and that was back in March!!! Somedays, it's like I don't even have a band. How I wish for that full feeling again!

It looks like everyone is doing really well! Keep up the great work!

Shesha!!!!!!

So nice to hear from you! I was wondering how you were doing. Happy to hear that you are well.

I can't remember...is Dr K fixing your port?

Good for you, not gaining! :clap2:

Amieru,

I am from Tulsa. The doctor's office doesn't help you find a fill dr. However, there are several places in OKC and Norman that do. If you go to the Oklahoma thread under USA and Local support they can tell where to go. Hope that helps. PS I am going to Southcrest for my fills.

aubrey

I just thought I would say hi to everyone here. I have my consult with Dr. Kirshenbaum tomorrow and also Paula. My surgery is set for July 31st... I wish it was sooner!

I read through the whole thread and feel like I already know many of you. It really has been great reading about others who have the same Dr, it helps to get a good idea of what to expect.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone even more.

Oh, one question that I have. I actually read something about this in another thread and have not done much looking yet but as it might be Dr. specific, thought I would ask here. I wear acrylic nails, long ones. Does anyone know if there is any problem with this? One thread said the Dr. made them take them off, or at least the polish and no toe nail polish. Anyone know Dr. K's thoughts? Why does it matter?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Hi, JenniferNAz! Welcome! Are you coming up from Arizona? They want to see your nail beds because it is the first sign of your body not getting enough oxygen during surgery. They check to see if they "blanch" which is when you push down on your fingernail and it turns white then back to pink or if they are turning bluish. (I'm not a nurse, but I think this is right, been a couple years since I worked) You will need to check with Dr. K about what he wants. I have no clue what he wants as I have my own icky nails! :)

Good luck with everything. Keep us posted!

Okay, I survived the night on the ground. Stiffly I might add! We went fishing yesterday, and well, we had pizza for dinner if that tells you anything about how it went! :) We are going fishing again today, to a different lake, so lets hope I get to fry some trout tonight! Then, once again, an opportunity to sleep on the ground! Woo hoo!

Shesha! Glad to hear from ya! I hope the time goes quickly for you! How long after it is fixed do you have to wait before you can start filling it? Congratulations on not gaining anything. You've done very well!

Mal~ your funny. You're doing all the stuff I did. I enjoyed rib eye right before my fill too! Good luck today...let us know how you do!

Have a great one!

Hey all!

Just checking in... I go in for an unfill today at 4:15. I just want maybe .2cc's out then I think I will be golden.

I had a great weekend. Saturday we spent the day in Vail for a college friend of my hubby's wedding (get all that?). I ahve lived in CO for 26 years and had NEVER been to Vail! It is amazingly beautiful up there!

Mal... hope to see you today! I will be in and out pretty quick as I have to be downtown by 5ish but I hope we get to say hi at least! I'm dreaming of eating a rib-eye!!

Woof... hang in there sister!

Everyone else... hope to see you next Thursday!