Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

One suggestion I have about fills:

After he fills you he will ask you to sit on the side of the table and drink Water. The way my belly fat rolls, sitting with a needle poking out of me is VERY uncomfortable so I always stand to drink my water. Works MUCH better for me!

Good luck to you girls!

Mal... I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

Thanks Drew! I think I would prefer to stand as well, that way i dont really have to look at what he is doing. I will just look ahead. Did you lose a good amount of weight after your first fill? I have heard the weight will start really coming off then and I am hoping that is the case for me.

Anita,

I did hear from Sunnysea she is going through some rough spots. She does still come in and read some posts and then hurry out. She can use any encouragement you want to send. I sent her a note via personal message and she replied. I have not heard from Tater Bug! So maybe we should the samething. We need a phone roster!

Angie.... I think I lost about 5 pounds in the week following my first fill. That's the most I have ever lost in a week. I usually average about 2 pounds or so.

Drews and Angie, Thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow! I can't believe I am actually doing this!!!

Angie, what time do you have your fill? Does he do the fills at his office or in Parker? I am assuming the office. Watch out for the scale in the last office, I swear it was off by like 8 pounds on Tuesday! I found another scale in my house, the dust was amazing, but it said I lost 12 pounds and the office said only 4! I was bummed because I have been watching everyting I eat and I have had no carbs or very few for the last 2 weeks! Oh well, I promised myself not to be a scale whore (as Anita calls it)...LOL

Thanks again!

Angie, hope you have an amazing time in California...LUCKY!!!!

Drews, I am sure to chat at you before, but I want you to know that I am praying for a successful knee surgery for you!! I think you are amazing and I just LOVE that you are a derby girl!!! Your hubby looks sooo cool and hip! What cute couple you two make!!

Mal, that office scale is different from mine too! Drewslou told me a secret...just use the one in your house. It was different by almost 6 lbs for me too. See! You did better than you thought! Congratulations!!!! 12 lb is about what I did with the pre-op diet thingy, and that is pretty darn good!

Well, I'm not sure what happened with my fill, but I can hardly eat anything today. I officially got some turkey stuck for like 5 minutes or so this morning. It never did come up, but lord I wish it had. I ate the same thing last night, but it was warm, soft and covered with gravy. Today it was from the fridge and harder. Thought that I had chewed enough, but apparently I hadn't. I also had a hard time eating my egg and sausage this morning. Never did make it through it. That was at 10. it's now 1:50 and I'm still not hungery. Trying to get my Protein Water in though. Isn't that weird? No other pains though...yeah!!!

Hi, Angie! Good luck with the fill! I too, absolutely hate needles. I even joked with Dr. K about it. Told him I thought i was going to loose it. He laughed and said not to do that. Reminded me not to look down. (but I did....eeeeeeeeeeew!:faint: )

Anita,

Were you heaving witht the stuck turkey? Gosh I hope your fill is okay!

I was wondering if that scale was right...the thrid scale I found in my house was soooo covered with dust, I thought maybe the office scale was right! I just knew it felt like more than four pounds. I am such a pro at losing the weight(not keeping it off) I could just tell!!

What Protein Water are you drinking? What do you suggest for the liquid stage just after surgery? I have the list that Paula gave me, is that pretty much what you went by? Where do we get the Protien from? I am trying to get a list together to shop tonight, I can't believe I waited until the last minute to get this stuff!! I was even at Walmart last night and didn't get anything for my post op. I keep making lists...LOL but not buying the stuff!! I guess I better get on it. I just love the Atkins shakes, when can I have those again?....maybe the full liquid diet stage!!??

Drews and Angie, Thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow! I can't believe I am actually doing this!!!

Drews, I am sure to chat at you before, but I want you to know that I am praying for a successful knee surgery for you!! I think you are amazing and I just LOVE that you are a derby girl!!! Your hubby looks sooo cool and hip! What cute couple you two make!!

Mal... tell Dr K Amy said hi when you go in tomorrow... I think it freaks him out how many of his patients I know!

Thank you for your kind words about my knee surgery. I just want it over with dammit!!

I hope to get to meet you in a few weeks!

Will do!

Everytime I see him, I tell him about how he is well respected and talked about alot on LBtalk. He just smiles and laughs. I told him on Monday that I heard he was going to Africa, he just laughed!

Aw Drews, I wish I had read this before I got my fill. I don't think .9 is enough, but if I gulp I gurgle right away. Next time I will stand up. I am scheduled in July.

I also met with Paula - she looked at my week of eating and suggested a little more Fiber like Cereal. I can do that, since I can't overeat it. I really like her. She was supportive and gave me some ideas of how to live more normally with food.< /span>

Anita - ouch! my fill hurt too. Dr. K went in once and then looked at the ultrasound and said, "I have to go deeper." I guess I have a great layer of tummy flab, anyway. I survived, it isn't all that bad. When he pulled the needle out the serus Fluid that had been really hard under my port wound, spurted out of the needle hole. It was kinda funny, looked like a bloody volcanic eruption, but it was great to get that stuff outta me. Dr. K went back in to see if he could drain any more, but it had drained on it's own. So, I did it!

Now, let the losing continue. We are on for June 6th at 7pm. Just let me know for sure you are coming to Red Robin on Arapahoe and Yosemite and I'll save you a seat.

Hugs to all - good luck Mal!

I have the same issues with the scales in the doc's office. The one in the back room weighs at least 3 - 4 pounds more than the electronic scale. But we aren't about a number, we are about success. Remember 2 years for the losing process and another 6 months to stabilize afterward.