Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hi Ladies,

I will be leaving in a couple hours for my pre op appointment with Dr. K. I m pretty sure that he is going to continue on with the surgery on Friday. I am prepared either way (I think). My jaw is killing me (but I don't think there is any infection anymore), just swelling and pain from the extraction. I am looking foward to June, when things will be settled down a bit. Have a nice afternoon and stay dry, it's gonna rain!

Okay - let's see June 6 (Wed.) or 7 (Thursday) either works for me.

Lap Dancer, do you want to meet some of us while you are in Denver?

Drews and Woofay - would this work for you? Anyone else?

Anita - did the fill benefit you? Are you less hungry or less able to overeat?

Well, I don't want to write a book, the last time the whole thing crashed, but posted.

hugs

The 6th or 7th works for me too!

Where has Tater (Misty) gone?

Where has Sunnysea gone?

Mal, how did it go?

Okay - let's see June 6 (Wed.) or 7 (Thursday) either works for me.

Lap Dancer, do you want to meet some of us while you are in Denver?

Drews and Woofay - would this work for you? Anyone else?

Anita - did the fill benefit you? Are you less hungry or less able to overeat?

Well, I don't want to write a book, the last time the whole thing crashed, but posted.

hugs

I would love to meet with you all in June. I'm staying in Parker at the Holiday Inn Select across from the hospital. Appt. with Dr. K is on the 7th.

I'm starting to feel hungry again. Not eating as much but whoa!

Okay, lets meet Wednesday June 6th.

LapDancer - do you have a car?

Should we meet along the I25 corridor? What's a good time? 6:30 or 7?

I was thinking about a Red Robin that is on Arapahoe Road and Yosemite, just 1 block west of the I25 and Arapahoe. It would be an easy drive for LapDancer, how about Woofay, Drews, and anyone else who feels like meeting. Would this be pretty central?

Let the good time roll! Man, did my trainer work my butt today. She was mad that I was obsessing about the scale and called to make sure I put it away. I did. Smiles, it is great to be able to work out hard.

Michelle

Good morning, all! Wed the 6th is okay for me. Red Robbin is also okay. I've never been there. (Don't tell my hubby. He's the GM of Ruby Tuesday! Heehee! ;) )

Well, I believe I feel less hungry, and the scale is moving back the other way. Thank goodness! Last night though I got some horrid gas pains almost like when I first got the band done, but worse. They were up high under my ribcage. Took some gas-x and laid down. This morning it seems to be gone. My poor husband though. He was quite upset by it. I couldn't even walk upright. I think that he was ready for 911! It reminded me of that scene in the Dr. Doolittle with Eddie Murphy where the little rat "just has gas!"

I'm not sure if this is the best restriction or anything. Hard to tell when you've never done it before. As long as the scale moves (down this time!) I guess it's good! My guts are sore too. I guess from poking around looking for the port.

Dynamo~ congrats on working with a trainer. Are you using a regular trainer? Are there trainers specifically for people who have WLS? Lordy I hate to exercise! (I know, I know, and I'm gonna!)

Have a great day!

Wed the 6th works for me! Let's say 7 though since I will be coming from up north and traffic on I25 sucks until after 6.

I'm excited to see you girls!!

I want my damn knee fixed already so I can get my butt moving again! Next Wed is my surgery... doc says I should be back on skates for July!

Woofay, Drewslou, Lap Dancer and other people out there are all invited to Red Robbin on the corner of Arapahoe Road and Yosemite at 7 pm June 6th. Let me know if you are coming so I can get a large enough area for us. I think we are our own best support.

Drews - will you be wearing a big knee brace? How long is the recovery? Pretty fast, I guess, if you are skating again by July. A friend had knee surgery and she didn't do the rehab stuff and is stiff, but I know you'll do the right thing so you'll be back in the rink.

Woofay - my trainer works at my health club. She is a special person. When I started working out (about 1 1/2 years ago, I could only do a minute aerobic, she has slowly built me up. Muscles, aerobics and fortitude. Sarah is one of my cheerleaders. I needed supportive people around me. Never critical, always positive, she breaks up my one session into two half hour sessions per week. I did research on who I would work best with, though. Some of the trainers can really hurt you emotionally and physically without really thinking about the added weight risks and seditary lifestyle we've come from. Even with Sarah, we had to change our style of workout because I was having some problems with joints, wrists, knees, etc. So now I do a lot of work with bands. I have come to love/hate it instead of hate/love it. It is still work, but I feel proud and will have a muscular base underneath so I hope as the fat melts there is a hot body. Remember I am a lot older than you. Sigh.....sag

Hugs to you and looking forward to the 6th.

Michelle

Hey Anita,

I hope you are feeling better. How quickly does the Gas-X work? How would you know if you needed to call 911 or not? Could you breath? I hope that gets better for you. How scary that must have been.

Sorry, I missed the post you asked about me. It went well. I am going in at noon on Friday! All set, I guess. I only lost four pounds on the Atkins? ! I have been so good too. That stinks, he said I should have lost more. I'm sure the last time I did it, I lost alot more the first two weeks. I am going to try to make it to Red Robin too, I would love to meet everyone!

So glad everyone's on board.

Mal it will be great to meet you. You'll be banded by the time I do. Yeah!

Remember it isn't about the scale, I had to put mine away, I was obsessing, but celebrating a new lifestyle. it will come off.

So, tomorrow I see Dr. K for my first fill. Woofay - Thanks for sharing your experience, I'll have my Gas-X handy. I scheduled my workout before going to Dr. K in case I think I should rest a bit. I am also seeing Paula. I have been writing down my food, calories and want her to see if I'm on the right path.

Hugs to you all - we are a wonderful group,

Michelle

PS - A friend I was with suggested I Celebrate more and worry less. Celebrate the huge lifestyle changes and commitments I've made to myself. I think it is very good advice so I'll pass it along....

Mal, hope I understood your post correctly....you are being banded tomorrow? Woo hoo! I'm so excited for you. You've had a bit of a rough road, but it's all coming together for you now! It's not as hard as you think...and after you'll say, "this was what I was worried about?" Congrats! 4 pounds is a little disheartening, but pretty soon the pounds will come rolling off! (what do pounds do??? Roll, melt, fall off??? :o )

About the gas pain thing. It happened again after my Breakfast yesterday. (egg and sausage). I took my gas x and it went away. Maybe I'm one that should do liquids/mushies for 24 after a fill? But it didn't come back last night! Yeah.

Dynamo~ it sounds like you have a really great support person/trainer helping you on the way. That's great! I wish I could put the scale away! For I too am a scale whore:)...Good luck with your fill tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. Like I said, it's not really painful, just weird.

Has anyone heard from Tater or Sunnysea?

Have a great day! Can't wait to get together. I hope your knee surgery goes well on Wed, Drewslou! I hope it's not too painful.:)

Goodmorning Anita,

Yes, tomorrow is my day!! I check in at noon and surgery at one!! Thanks for everything you have been so AWESOME! This site has been so amazing and just what I need! It's nice to have a group that understands where you are coming from and how much this means to each of us.

Yeah, the four pounds was hard to take since I really watched everything I ate and even excercised. I feel like I lost 10 maybe 15?? I found two scales in my house and neither one work! I don't want to replace them because I know I will be on it every chance I get and it will drive me koo-koo. So now I am saying that I will not replace them, we will see how long that lasts!

Have a better day and I hope the gas stays away!

Labgeek...

Where or bring slip-on shoes. That was great for me. I had flip flops and streach pants, w/shirt. I was also really thirsty on the way home, I could not drink that much but needed to keep my throat wet, so I would say an extra bottle of Water as well. Good luck and let us know how you are!

Anita,

Thanks for telling us about the fill. I go tomorrow and am scared, but so anxious as well. I am also a big wimp (all five feet of me) when it comes to needles BUT I have not lost one dang pound in three weeks so this fill has to work for me!

Michelle,

Great job working with the trainer and on your NSV!! Also let us know how your fill goes todays. You know we want all the details!!!

Angie38 - have a wonderful time in CA.

Hugs all,

Thank you Michelle, I can't wait. I have not seen my mother or grandmother in over a year and grandma is not doing to well so I need to get home and have a great visit. Also I am so much just looking forward to laying on the beach...... warm sand, warm skies, BIG SIGH! I need a break from work which has been horrible these last few months. Oh and my mama works at Disneyland (we get in free) so we always take the kids there and it is usually a wonderful day for us all.

mickey1.jpg