Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I'm scheduled for the 18th. I've had surgery before and really, the anticipation is the worst thing. Lap surgery is lots easier than open. Don't get yourself worked up about it. I know that's nearly impossible. I am not looking forward to it, but I am really looking forward to the distinct possibility that my GERD will just be gone. That'll be worth every penny and discomfort. I am more irritated by the no solid food for weeks. I am glad I am taking three weeks off from work. I am sure my family will spend most of the time torturing me. We are all adults, but when we get together, we're all kids.

I'm one week post-op today and I'm flying into Denver on June 18th for my first fill. I've been doing great and feel like my old self the last 3 days or so. The full liquid diet is not that bad, I'm really not hungry. oatmeal, Soups and Protein Shakes do fill you up. I am glad I have the hard part behind me and I'm so excited for what's to come. :thumbup:

Just dropping in to say YAY! I have lost 100 lbs which makes my Memorial Day Goal!!!!

The weight is coming off more slowly becuase I haven't been sticking to my high Protein diet like I was. I am still losing and that what matters and it really is more on a lifetime diet. I know I have been eating in a way that will drop the weight off quickly. I have still been working hard, but high protein will drop the weight faster than any other type of diet that I have found. I have lost about 7 lbs this month instead of 10-13lbs.

I am still following most of the bandster guidelines most of the time. I am less than 43 away from goal so I could still make my goal of being half the person I was just one year post op. We will see what happens.

Just dropping in to say YAY! I have lost 100 lbs which makes my Memorial Day Goal!!!!

The weight is coming off more slowly becuase I haven't been sticking to my high Protein diet like I was. I am still losing and that what matters and it really is more on a lifetime diet. I know I have been eating in a way that will drop the weight off quickly. I have still been working hard, but high protein will drop the weight faster than any other type of diet that I have found. I have lost about 7 lbs this month instead of 10-13lbs.

I am still following most of the bandster guidelines most of the time. I am less than 43 away from goal so I could still make my goal of being half the person I was just one year post op. We will see what happens.

WOW... good for you. 100 pounds is quite an accomplishment.

I've been MIA for awhile, mainly because I'm in one of those "Gain and Lose the same 3lbs" slumps.

Two weeks ago my weigh-in would have been +3.2, but I didn't wanna admit I was such a failure after having such a big loss the week before. Then last week I was -1.6. This morning I'm -2.4 and have finally lost the 3lbs I gained over the last few weeks. *sigh*

I'll weigh-in officially tomorrow, I just wanted to apologize for being out of the loop for several weeks.

Put me down for -1, too.

Happy Memorial Day, everybody!

Ughh...combination of party grazing and TOM has left me at no gain, no loss. Didn't meet goal for this challenge...may as well throw myself in front of a bus. Just kidding. The public transportation around here isn't good enough to be able to time it just right. :lol:

Ughh...combination of party grazing and TOM has left me at no gain, no loss. Didn't meet goal for this challenge...may as well throw myself in front of a bus. Just kidding. The public transportation around here isn't good enough to be able to time it just right. :lol:

You're hilarious!!!

Just think! If it wasn't TOM time, you would have lost! I think a no gain/no loss really isn't that bad! AFTER all the years on the gain side, I'll take that every once in a while!

Okay! Mark me down for -3.0!

I didn't make my goal, but I lost over 17lbs! I think that's a-ok!

I always make my goals much higher than is healthy! BUT that's just me!

Thanks Bella for monitoring our losses! Anyone interested in doing a long one for Labor Day? Or maybe July 4th?

Congratulations to all of you on this challenge!!

I didn't make my goal, but I have been bad and I have TOM visiting for a second time this month??????? I am getting used to "grazing" on just about anything and I don't like it. I would like to join another challenge. It doesn't matter which holiday.

:patriot:MEMORIAL DAY CHALLENGE (In memory of the way we used to eat!)

First weigh-in: April 6 Last weigh-in: May 25 (seven weeks)

****************************Week 1**Week 2**Week 3**Week 4**Week 5**Week 6**Week 7

JMEGIRL....................(Goal 14lbs) +0.6 rolleyes.gif +0.8 rolleyes.gif -4.8 :smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif ? rolleyes.gif

LOTZASUNSHINE........(Goal 8.5lbs) -.5:smile2: -3.5:smile2: -2.5 :smile2: -2.5 :smile2: -1.5 :smile2: -0 :smile: -0 :eek: TOTAL: -10.5 :hurray:

KAYLEIGHSMOMMY.....(Goal 15lbs) ? rolleyes.gif +8 rolleyes.gif -7 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -3.8 :smile2: +1.2 :wub: -1.3 :smile2: TOTAL: -5 :hurray:

JULIE.ANN....................(Goal 13.5) -2:smile2: -1.8:smile2: -2.2 :smile2: -1.1 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -2.9 :thumbup:

MISSCHERYL..............(Goal 15lbs) -1.5:smile2: -1.5:smile2: -1.5:thumbup:

PRTYANTOVRYT.........(Goal 25lbs) -2:smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif -5.6:smile2: -3.6 :smile2: -3 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -3 TOTAL: -19 :hurray:

BELLAPERDENTE.........(Goal 14lbs) -3:smile2: -.5:smile2: +1rolleyes.gif -1 :smile2: -1 :smile2: -1.5 :smile2: -2 :smile2: TOTAL: -8 lbs :hurray:

LAPTASTIC................(Goal 15lbs) -1:smile2: +1 rolleyes.gif -4 :smile2: -3 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -0 :tt2: TOTAL: -11 :hurray:

DEBOREGON...............(Goal 10lbs) -1:smile2: -2.5:smile2: -2.6 :smile2: +2 rolleyes.gif -0 rolleyes.gif -1 :smile2: -1.5 :smile2: TOTAL: -6.5 :hurray:

MEM620....................(Goal 14lbs) -2:smile2: -1:smile2: -.5 :smile2: -.5 :smile2: -2 :smile2: -0 :rolleyes: -1 :smile2: TOTAL: -7 :hurray:

MINIDRIVER...............(Goal 10lbs) -1.2:smile2: -2.4:smile2: ? :smile2: +.6 rolleyes.gif

SNOWGATOR..............(Goal 8lbs) -1:smile2: -2:smile2: -2 :smile2: -0 rolleyes.gif-3 :smile2: -1 :smile2: TOTAL: -9 :hurray:

i am up for another challenge. i think i prefer the shorter time frame as if it is too long i am more easily defeated. anyone else feel that way?