Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Well, it would be have been better for me if I had weighed in yesterday, since I managed to go up a pound overnight and am now at a big fat -0 for the week.

hEY PEEPS!!

I know its been forever and a day that I have posted on here! hows everyone doing? im down 154 lbs now! kind of stalling but at least not gaining now. are you guys still meeting at Red Robin once a month? if so, let me know...i would like to see ya!

good luck everyone!:thumbdown:

hEY PEEPS!!

I know its been forever and a day that I have posted on here! hows everyone doing? im down 154 lbs now! kind of stalling but at least not gaining now. are you guys still meeting at Red Robin once a month? if so, let me know...i would like to see ya!

good luck everyone!:thumbdown:

Hey Hot Babe!

You're looking so good! :lol:

Can you believe it's been almost a year for me?

We've come a long way Darling from where we started!

I'm so proud of you!

We're meeting at RR on the 9th of February!

Would love to have you join us!

No hallelujahs from the Pacific Northwest.

Week 2: up 2 pounds:frown:

Week 3: up 2 more pounds.:lol:

I need a fill sooooo bad but the thought of flying to Denver, renting a car in winter, staying over by myself: money, fear...:thumbdown:

I don't know. Maybe I am just too down right now and as a result am not making good decisions.

Congrats to those of you who continue with progress:biggrin:

I need a fill sooooo bad but the thought of flying to Denver, renting a car in winter, staying over by myself: money, fear...:thumbdown:

I don't know. Maybe I am just too down right now and as a result am not making good decisions.

I'm sorry Deb . . . but you need to remember that you are still down overall for the challenge cuz you lost so much the first week. I do think with Atkins and other low carb things that you lose a lot of Water at first and it needs to come back somehow, but it you don't gain all of the weight back then you're still ahead.

That being said . . . you can always fly to Denver and use supershuttle (that's what I do cuz I'm afraid of driving in a strange city) and try to do it all in one trip so you don't have to stay over.

Or you can go to a fill center (that's what I'm doing now as it's about the same price as traveling back and forth to Denver and doesn't take up nearly as much of my time).

Hang in there sweetie.

Hello Friends! Haven't popped in that much this week. I've been WORKING!! YAYAYAYAY. That means the medication is getting more and more adjusted and the pain is more and more reduced. I am not suffering anywhere near to the point that I was.

No suffering means more movement, more movement means increase in metabolism. I've been very BUSY this week and haven't been laying in bed as much as I typically am.

Put me down this week for a loss of -4.02 lbs. That's 12 lbs. in two weeks! BUT that's okay, I'm a big girl and don't have delusions of maintaining this high pound loss each week. But it sure feels good to get off that yo-yo plateau I've been on. I am most thankful to the doctors who finally have me getting relief!

I'm envious of those who are down in their low two's and dreaming of one's. You are in a place where even losing one pound a week is very noticeable. I have to lose 20 lbs. before I can truly say I am noticing a difference. That's how it is when you are a uber fat person.

I so wish I could meet you all at Red Robin. How fun.

Please take pictures!!!! I love to put a name with a face.

I'm getting ready to go out and about with my hubby.

Congratulations to us all how continue arm in arm on this Valentine's Day Challenge.

Dee thanks much for keeping tabs on our numbers. It is appreciated!

Have an awesome week everyone

Patty

Mini is right, everytime I do low carb, I lose really fast and then usually gain 1/3 or more back. I realize and expect this because it's a lot of Water weight. It happened to me during my carb cycling plan that I was doing trying to get to Twoderville! ARGH! Lapdancer, I know what you mean! For me, I have lost over 100lbs and hardly anyone notices! It makes me think that people really don't look at fat people. We are just there!!! At least those of us who were Super Morbidly Obese. I think the Supershuttle is a good idea. AND Deb, if I'm off when you schedule your fill I'd be more than happy to come and get you from the airport, we can get a fill together and then return you for your flight. I did that for Marie and it worked out really well. I can't remember the exact timing, but it was a pickup, fill up, drop off in a matter of hours. I'm here for you Buddy! Just let's talk about a time!

I'm sorry Deb . . . but you need to remember that you are still down overall for the challenge cuz you lost so much the first week. I do think with Atkins and other low carb things that you lose a lot of water at first and it needs to come back somehow, but it you don't gain all of the weight back then you're still ahead.

That being said . . . you can always fly to Denver and use supershuttle (that's what I do cuz I'm afraid of driving in a strange city) and try to do it all in one trip so you don't have to stay over.

Or you can go to a fill center (that's what I'm doing now as it's about the same price as traveling back and forth to Denver and doesn't take up nearly as much of my time).

Hang in there sweetie.

It seems you've had a good experience with the fill center. I'm glad. I think Atkins or diets like those - help you lose that water weight, BUT I always, without exception gain when eat normally. The carb cycling did that! I have however lost 13lbs since starting it, but I started it 12/15! That sucks! Over a month ago!

Hello Friends! Haven't popped in that much this week. I've been WORKING!! YAYAYAYAY. That means the medication is getting more and more adjusted and the pain is more and more reduced. I am not suffering anywhere near to the point that I was.

No suffering means more movement, more movement means increase in metabolism. I've been very BUSY this week and haven't been laying in bed as much as I typically am.

Put me down this week for a loss of -4.02 lbs. That's 12 lbs. in two weeks! BUT that's okay, I'm a big girl and don't have delusions of maintaining this high pound loss each week. But it sure feels good to get off that yo-yo plateau I've been on. I am most thankful to the doctors who finally have me getting relief!

I'm envious of those who are down in their low two's and dreaming of one's. You are in a place where even losing one pound a week is very noticeable. I have to lose 20 lbs. before I can truly say I am noticing a difference. That's how it is when you are a uber fat person.

I so wish I could meet you all at Red Robin. How fun.

Please take pictures!!!! I love to put a name with a face.

I'm getting ready to go out and about with my hubby.

Congratulations to us all how continue arm in arm on this Valentine's Day Challenge.

Dee thanks much for keeping tabs on our numbers. It is appreciated!

Have an awesome week everyone

Patty

Good for you Sweetie! Enjoy that wave and enjoy those pounds lost!

I wanted so badly to be in Twoderville by the 29th, my first Bandiversary, but alas, I can't even see the signs pointing to the right hwy! I'm still in the town of 20's - and I keep going through the same roundabout! THE WRONG FREAKING WAY!!! I need out and on my way!

I'll take my camera to RR so that I can get some pics! I haven't seen the Peeps in over two months! I bet everyone has changed!

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt
just chalk it up to being an idiot!

Yay Lap! And I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Miss dee, I know you're not going to be where you wanted to be by your bandiversary, but DAYUM you've lost a lot of weight. I agree that people just don't look at us. Plus there's that whole issue of people seeing us all the time so they really can't tell. Nobody notices that I've lost any weight either. Hell, I barely notice!

That being said, I hope you're proud of what you've accomplished thus far. I mean, you've lost an amazing amount of weight and you're still going strong. You haven't burnt out or given up, even though you've been at it for a long time. You are amazingly strong and I love you to pieces.:thumbdown:

Hallelujah from the southeast up to that northwest for getting banded. You still made a good choice for yourself despite two weeks of regression.

Kudos to you for searching inward and finding bad choices there. Hugs from Florida to you. Now try this:

Tommorow go on a 24 hour fast of no solids and only liquids. Or

Reverse your meals. Start with dinner and eat it about 10 am. Protein first, wait a while, nibble on your salad and spread it out over several hours.

Dinner: Have Breakfast for dinner.

More often than not I have breakfast at dinner. More often than not it's a lovely veggie or cheese omelet. Since there are three or four eggs in an omelet, it's pretty volumous so I often find I can't finish it *but I like to dream that I can so I order it anyway. I NEVER FEEL GUILTY over tossed food and always give the leftovers to Big Ed my rednose pitbull or my two Maine Coon cats. They love me for that.

The second I feel full I get the waitress and ask for a doggy bag. I've committed to the takeout container so when they bring it I don't keep nibbling but put it in the container.

Leftovers turn me off so this is a easy solution for me.

Deb, stand by me, let's lock arms and keep walking together for this Valentine's Challenge.:lol:

Edited by Lap_dancer

Hey Mini. Good advice. Thanks as well.

Everyone I jumped on and posted before I read it all.

Dee, I am in my 2's but no where near a point I would love to be. This spring will be my two year anniversary since getting banded. I stopped beating myself up over numbers which added stress over something I had some control but not a whole lot of control over. I'd been ignoring symptoms of things like diverticulitis and did much self diagnosis. I have it in my head now to keep going no matter what, through the sawgrass, I'll keep marching to that island of health and sunbathing without looking repulsive. *sawgrass is tough long vegetation that grows in swamp lands that has a razor sharp edge.

Yes, I do believe super morbidly obese people are viewed at as either invisible, not worthy of looking at, or worse, looked at as carnival freaks. Yeah, I've often thought the only thing I was missing was a monkey with a dress on leashed to a long chain attached to my wrist OR a carnival barker shouting my name OR a street corner, a chair, a sign "will wiggle for cash" and a bucket.

I've lost over a hundred and already my family has forgotten what I looked like at my highest. I have to whip out the pictures to show them then I hear "ohhhh wow". Lucky for me...I also took nudie photos!!! Yep. I've got those for when I hit goal.

No loss for me this week, idk what is going on :w00t:

Marie, I think we should blame it on the inversion. we've breathed 2 lbs of crap into our lungs this week.

I've been having trouble since my last fill, in fact I kind of feel like I never want a fill again... I'm really tight and it had gotten better the last few days of my denver trip where I wasn't puking anymore, but as soon as I got back home I couldnt/cant keep anything down except for come creamy Soups or anything close to liquids..

I also just found out that my kidney stone went from my kidney to my urter and its stuck until friday jan 30th when I am going to have surgery to get it out..

I talked to dr. k and he thinks it's my kidney stone that is making me have so much trouble with my band but I am still unsure.. =( It's hard because I want food sooo badly but I can't affoard to puke anymore.. I had a bad experience at the hospital too, which I'll post later on cause I am trying to catch up on post reading..

My last week weight loss was 2 lbs. now this week ive lost another 4... Hopefully everything will be getting better for me.. After I've gotten settleed with school, work and surgery!