Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I am having such wonderful restriction right now it is so sad to think that it will all be gone soon as it slowly leaks out. But I am enjoying it right now!! At least I know what I have to look forward to once I get my port replaced!!! Restriction that sticks around for more than a week and a half. :lol:

I stepped on the scale today and saw 299!!! Sad that I first saw this number FOUR months ago... but it has been a rough couple of months. It does mean I have lost everything I re-gained so that is my silver lining! I know I will probably re-gain again as I am unfilled after the port replacement, but it is nice to be reminded that this band really DOES work when it is working properly!

Hopefully I will still be there come Thursday for my "official" weigh in.

I am having such wonderful restriction right now it is so sad to think that it will all be gone soon as it slowly leaks out. But I am enjoying it right now!! At least I know what I have to look forward to once I get my port replaced!!! Restriction that sticks around for more than a week and a half. :lol:

I stepped on the scale today and saw 299!!! Sad that I first saw this number FOUR months ago... but it has been a rough couple of months. It does mean I have lost everything I re-gained so that is my silver lining! I know I will probably re-gain again as I am unfilled after the port replacement, but it is nice to be reminded that this band really DOES work when it is working properly!

YAY DORKY ONE!!! TWOTERVILLE!!! That's so exciting. And I'm sure you'll still be there tomorrow for official weigh in. WOOHOO!!!

So ladies, all you professional Bandsters out there - what do you do when you have a bad cold/flu and need medication? When you go to the doctor, they are inevitably going to give you pills for your ailment. How do you approach that? Is there a liquid-form to what they'll give you for a flu? I've had this flu for 3 weeks this Thursday, and this morning my throat is on fire. I can't remember in all my 26 years my throat ever hurting this much. Add to that the stuffy head, sinus headache, and constant sneezing - I'm miserable. I can hardly talk - my throat is that bad.

I've told myself I'll finally go to a doctor tomorrow if my throat still feels this bad, but I'm worried I'll pay all that money to see the doctor (my insurance isn't that great) only to find that there's nothing he can prescribe me that isn't in pill form. Any opinions ladies?

My co-worker who is never sick had the same thing. She finally hauled her butt into the Dr for him to tell her it is just a virus that is going around right now. Drink hot fluids and rest. Hopefully that is all you have too. Hang in there.

YAY DORKY ONE!!! TWOTERVILLE!!! That's so exciting. And I'm sure you'll still be there tomorrow for official weigh in. WOOHOO!!!
Oh yeah, tomorrow is Thursday isn't it! Woot! haha. This is my third time seeing twoterville, I hope it STAYS this time! I am soooo sick of bouncing around in the 300-306 range.

Like I said though, remaining positive, at least I am maintaining! so hard to let go of those goals I set when I first started... 100 pounds by this date, yadda yadda. But then again I didn't plan for all the setbacks, so I need to just be proud of where I am for the moment. 85 pounds is great in 11 months.

Oh yeah, tomorrow is Thursday isn't it! Woot! haha. This is my third time seeing twoterville, I hope it STAYS this time! I am soooo sick of bouncing around in the 300-306 range.

Like I said though, remaining positive, at least I am maintaining! so hard to let go of those goals I set when I first started... 100 pounds by this date, yadda yadda. But then again I didn't plan for all the setbacks, so I need to just be proud of where I am for the moment. 85 pounds is great in 11 months.

85 pounds rock. I'm sure it's been tough being stuck in the same old place for so long, but now that you know what kind of restriction you need, you can get it back after your port is replaced and ready to roll again and get on your merry losin' way. And maintaining is awesome. I have to constantly remind myself that, even when I'm not losing, I am still WAY ahead of the game because I'm not gaining.

85 pounds rock. I'm sure it's been tough being stuck in the same old place for so long, but now that you know what kind of restriction you need, you can get it back after your port is replaced and ready to roll again and get on your merry losin' way. And maintaining is awesome. I have to constantly remind myself that, even when I'm not losing, I am still WAY ahead of the game because I'm not gaining.
I know. The mental part of this is the HARDEST!

Everytime I pull on my size 24 jeans I need to remind myself that less than a year ago I was barely squeezing into a 32... so I need not fret over the 22's I can't quite make it into yet. Baby steps.

I know. The mental part of this is the HARDEST!

Everytime I pull on my size 24 jeans I need to remind myself that less than a year ago I was barely squeezing into a 32... so I need not fret over the 22's I can't quite make it into yet. Baby steps.

You have such a good attitude. I really admire you for that.

:)

Weigh-in for this week: -1.4

Yay, I'm almost back where I started 4 weeks ago, hahaha. Move over ladies, I'm gonna sit on the loser's bench this week. Though technically, I've lost this same pound about 10 times since surgery. :lol:

Alright girls! I am down 1.9 for the week, MAYBE I am going to get back on track. I agree, even a fraction lost is better than anything gained. Jaime, are you feeling better today.

Alright girls! I am down 1.9 for the week, MAYBE I am going to get back on track. I agree, even a fraction lost is better than anything gained. Jaime, are you feeling better today.

Well....I feel better than I did yesterday. But I still feel yucky. I may be visiting a doctor this afternoon. Though I don't have a PCP so typically I just go to an Urgent Care. I've been told that's the worst place to go when you've got a flu, so I may talk to some coworkers and get a referral to a local PCP. At least my throat isn't on fire today! Gosh, I could hardly drink Crystal Light yesterday, it was that bad.

CONGRATZ on being at 299!!!! That is awesome, and 85lbs is AMAZING!!

Well, I think I have hit my sweet spot ladies! I am down 2.5 this week!! So from when I got my fill on the 13th Nov (Tom said I would be abt 283 without clothes) to now I have lost 10 lbs!! That is the kind of loss I want to keep up!

There's this restaurant near my office, a fabulous Mediterranean deli called Neomonde. They've got hummus, baba ghannouj, falafel...you get the idea. Before surgery, I ate at this place on a weekly basis, sometimes twice in a week. I haven't had it since surgery, mainly because of the post-op diet, and lately I've been trying to bring low calorie lunches from home to save money and make good healthy choices.

I decided to splurge today and I went to Neomonde and got pretty much what I used to get, except I nixed the pita bread. Nearly everything I got tasted....different. It's almost like my sense of taste has doubled since surgery. This stuff tasted so strong (spice-wise) that I could hardly tolerate it. Even the hummus, which is the best I've ever had, was so strong I couldn't finish it. And I'm sick, which means my sense of taste and smell is really off right now due to the congestion.

I'm so sad. I loved that place, and now I doubt I'll go back. It's just depressing. I'm going to spend the rest of the day mourning their food. :lol: How long will it be before I stop mourning food??? Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could eat one thing or another.