Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one NOT on a diet plan and having success ?

Just wanted to hear from others who are farther along and have found a way to live this lifestyle, had weight loss success and don't "diet"

Or .... Is that a JOKE ?

I was sleeved on 02/11/13, so not that far out, but I hate the word "diet." I've always felt it had a negative meaning to it. I don't consider myself to be on a diet. I have changed the way I eat, making healthier and better choices. To me, diet is only a temporary thing to lose a specific amount of weight. Yes, we are all on here because we want to lose, and are losing, weight, but I think that our eating choices need to be made out of habit, not because of being on a diet. Besides, once we all meet our goal, our eating choices shouldn't be changing.

Im not that far out depending on what you consider far out.. Im post op dec 20 im down 71lbs.. right now im not on any diet.. but I do watch what I eat.. making sure I eat my Protein first before anything else.. still losing.. I take in about 800 calories or try to.. some days I dont get that much.. my doc wants me up to 1000 to 1100 but I cant see eating that much food.. I dunno.. im good where im at.. I eat healthy things vs fast food stuff.. I dont weigh my food except for the meat protein..cuz you need a specific amt to get that protein in.. cant eat much more than 3oz of meat anyways.and thats all.. just watch what you eat.. and be an avid label reader..watching for carbs and whatnot... best of luck to you.. :)

I find I do better when I stick to a plan and track on MY Fitness Pal. I tried just letting the sleeve restrict what and how much I was eating but found myself falling back into bad habits. I wanted my issues with sugar to go away and not have to worry about it but after a major stall I realized I was sabotaging myself, so even though it's best to probably not call it a diet i know I will have to restrict what I eat for the rest of my life to be successful at losing and keeping the weight off.

I am not necessarily on a diet....meaning I eat whatever I want and do not restrict any foods. I had a revision 1/25/13 but had my lap band for almost 2 years prior to the revision. I monitor my Protein and know the best ways to get high protein and less calories but I do not have any food that is off limits. I have had soda, alcohol, and other junk food items (chips, ice cream, etc). I restrict the amount of those foods but not the type of food..... of course I can't have that junk everyday. I have lost 80 pounds and have not gained any back. Food doesn't taste the same to me anymore so I don't chose to eat a lot of the foods that I used to love. Soda burns, I have been off bread, rice, and Pasta for 2 years so I don't even want it anymore, I can only eat about 3 chips, and sweets like Cookies make me nauseous. It's really weird now that these things aren't tempting and don't taste good. I do have a small addiction to jolly ranchers that I am working on.

I don't have any desire to be on a diet. I didn't choose this surgery just to be on a diet forever. I'm cautious about what I eat and introduce new things very slowly but if there is something I really want I eat it. I don't get too many calories in a given day and I can't eat very much of whatever it is I choose. But no - no diet for me. Just reasonable choices and eating the proper amount.

I guess it depends on your definition of "diet". I guess I think of what I do as a diet because I count calories and Protein, read labels, weigh and measure food. I believe I will be bound to this regime for the rest of my life if I am to be successful. I know that I am a grazer, (in my former life, but I'm learning not to be) and I underestimate how much I am eating if I don't write it down. It's what works for me...it gives me a sense of control, and I don't feel a bit bad about doing it. I wish the sleeve was a miracle, but for me, it's not. I still have to do the work, but it sure does make it easier! Maybe it is a miracle, now that I think about it :)