Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 new findings this week!

First...I finally bought a new food scale & realized that I have been way over estimating how many oz's I've been eating! :-(

& I discovered that cake & ice cream are slider foods for me! Grandsons Bday party...Baaaadddd! :-(

cake and ice cream really? did your nut not tell you thats not a food you should be eating? mine is very specific. sugar free popsicles.. yes.. Im doing so well on my journey.. I would hate to mess it up.. you really should read more about what you can and cannot eat.. Maybe your doc and nut are not as informative as mine are.. but check out what people are eating.. and I can bet money on the fact its not cake and ice cream... or slider foods... Im down 71lbs..and I didnt get there by eating that sort of stuff. I work hard at this tool the doc has given me.. im post op since dec 20th... get back on track and keep on it.. you are off to a great start.. im not saying that everyone of us eats something we arent suppose to.. but I find that when I did.. it wasnt very good at all..my stomach cant handle all that sugary stuff.. but my downfall is the sugar free popsicles.. man are they great stuff lol.. hang in there and make better choices for yourself.. you deserve this.. dont set yourself up for a fall.. be strong.. good luck.

Nancy..thanks for your concern...but I did not ask for your opinion! I KNOW cake & ice cream are not healthy...it was my grandsons Bday & YES...I did Celebrate with him! I had a very small piece & only ate about 5-6 small bites! It was Yummy...& my tummy handled it great! I stay on track very good, however I had the sleeve to enhance my life...not rule it! & I have & will eat what I want in moderation! If dieting 24/7 for the rest of your life works for you...great!

If u also read what people are eating they arent depriving themselves for the rest od their life. This isnt a diet.. this is a new way of life for thr rest of your life. U can allow yourself specials here and there.. thats not a problem. Now since u know those are no-gos... next family event like a bday eat sugar free angel cake.. or sugar free frozen yogurt.

Well, it's great you learned that you may be overeating a little based on the food scale comment, and that cake and such are sliders. No biggie!! We have all tried them, it won't hurt ya every once in a while. :) good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions Michelle...& at home I'm sure I would make those choices...but since most children's Bday parties do not have those readily available...I will eat the cake & ice cream in moderation & make up for it in other ways...like exercise!

There ya go.. I know on my bday I will be enjoying my first very small piece of cake. Hopefully no sugar added but that is 4 months away

Well, it's great you learned that you may be overeating a little based on the food scale comment, and that cake and such are sliders. No biggie!! We have all tried them, it won't hurt ya every once in a while. :) good luck!

I wasn't over eating....I was under eating....I was guessing I was having 3-4 oz of meat when I was actually eating 1 1/2 or 2. But now I know, it's going to be even harder getting in the protein!

I think we all make poor choices on special occasions.......I know I do..... today at 18 months post op, I eat basically Proteins and proteins with little variation. I am working on eating more veggies but have problems getting them in after my Protein. But when I am out and about and I'm hungry and feeling jittery, I do grab some Cheetos at times and can eat way too many.....So I know that this is my slider food so am really careful........ :)