Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IF He Did It?????

To be honest, I don't even know how we got to where we are. I was initially upset because you said I called you a racist; I didn't. I don't know you to make such a claim. I don't beileve you are a racist, but I found some of your comments to be distasteful. I also never said I was offended by what you wrote - I said it was close to being offensive. There is a difference.

This line in your first post to Carlene caught my eye, and I thought because of it you were indeed calling her a racist. I do apologize if I took it wrong, and also for jumping in here.

"You probably didn't see anything wrong with Kramer's little rant in the nightclub either, did you."

Nathalie...

There are absolutely no hard feelings. As my mother pointed out many times, I would argue with a fence post. I've probably argued with half the people on LBT at one time or another. It keeps my brain cells from atrophying as a result of advancing age.

Every single time we put fingers to keyboard, there is the potential for all kinds of bad Karma to start flowing back and forth. I understand that all too well. Admittedly, sarcastic come-backs and flippant one-liners aren't all that productive either, but it beats stalking off the thread in a huff.

Initially, I did try and explain my OJ remarks, but you weren't having any of it and after that, everything I said became suspect, so I stopped. Anyway, the thread wasn't meant to be about OJ's trial or whether he killed two people or not, and I'm VERY sorry it ever went in that direction. It was about the book. I was outraged by the man's complete disregard for decency and for the feelings of everyone who ever loved those two unfortunate people - Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman, including his own children. Even if he were truly innocent, the whole book idea stank like fresh road kill on a hot summer day. Unfortunately, I let my dislike for OJ's literary endeavor influence my choice of words. Believe me, they were not meant to belittle or demean the black race.

I grew up in the 50's and 60's in North Central Texas. It was another world, compared to the one we live in now. I went to segregated schools. I lived in segregated neighborhoods. I was in my mid-30's before I was ever in a black person's home. None of that was a choice - it just was what it was. My children have always gone to multi-ethnic schools. They are very politically correct with regard to issues of color. They are very proud of themselves for that. But my grandchildren....they are truly color-blind. On the way to her other grandmother's one day, my granddaughter and I drove past a park where about half a dozen children were playing. "Look, Nanny," said Cheyenne, "Isn't that the cutest little boy you've ever seen?"

"Which one?" I asked.

"The one on the slide," she said. He was also the only black child in sight, but that's not what she saw. She just saw the little boy on the slide. I think that's progress.

And the fact that OJ Simpson could write such a book, whether he is innocent or not, is both just plain weird and deeply disgusting.

And the fact that OJ Simpson could write such a book, whether he is innocent or not, is both just plain weird and deeply disgusting.

I agree completely!

I want to look like Carlene when I grow up !!!!

You are so sweet! I ate M&M's yesterday, though....a LOT of M&M's. I'm mad at DH for letting me buy them in the first place. I told him, "Don't let me do that again." He probably thinks I have the worst case of manic depression ever. The last time he tried to tell me not to do something, I threatened to perform a vasectomy on him with an electric staple gun.

We have a photographer coming Thursday evening to take Christmas pictures. I will post some of them when I get the proofs. I will be fully clothed in this next set, I promise.