Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need encouragment...

I was sleeved feb 18th. Started at 253 and now at 5 weeks out I have lost 21 lbs. I am disappointed by this number because it appears I'm losing not just slow, but very SLOW. I eat about 600-700 cals a day. 60g Protein. I'm not getting as much Water as I should be, maybe 40oz on a good day. I have cut out all breads, pastas, sugars etc. I'm looking for encouragement, tips, motivation and reassurance that made the right choice. I'd also like to hear from someone else who succeeded in similar shoes.

Take a deep breath. Okay, now, think about this - you are now 21 lbs lighter in a little over a month. How often have you managed that on a diet? Maybe once in a great while, right? My NUT told me that getting enough Water was absolutely key to my weight loss, so try to get that up a bit more. Are you getting out there and getting some exercise, even if it's just walking around the block? It helps to get your metabolism perking along. If you can, it would probably not be a bad thing to start incorporating a little bit of strength building exercises, as well - remember that muscle burns more energy!

Another thing is, did you measure yourself before? Have you remeasured to see the inches you've lost? If not, are your clothes fitting better or even getting baggy? Sometimes those changes don't immediately show on the scale.

There are lots of sleevers here who haven't lost weight in a huge hurry - I'm sure you'll hear from them, too. But the big thing is, don't panic. The weight IS coming off.

Good luck!

I agree with space dust, Water is key. I was sleeved on feb 5th and I have lost a little over 30 but 54lbs since my preop diet. It took me 30 years to put this weight on. I am happy with my progress so far and I am now starting to incorporate exercise, so if I build up a little more muscle to replace the couch potato fat I have acquired that too will help burn more calories. You are doing great! Be positive and keep looking to the future! Set small goals and work on your plan to reach them. This is the best thing I could have done for myself and I'm going to use my new tool to make the most of it!! Good luck to you!

Hi! I had my surgery March 8th.I weighed in at 242 the morning of the surgery. Since thenI am weighting 218. Areyou walking everyday? I get up and walk everyday for 30minutes. I don't get enough Water in either. I know I got to do better with the water. But, don't get discouraged.It's gonna happen. Hang in there.

I have trouble getting in all my Protein and Water in a day, so my nut said that if i needed to i could alternate days. one day focus on protein and getting it all in, and the next getting all my water until I'm able to eat a larger quantity. Make sure you are getting some sort of exercise in, anything is better than nothing. Also remember everyone's bodies are different, and maybe yours is just still a bit freaked out from the surgery, so it's trying to hold on to as much as possible. Don't worry though, it will come off ,and think of it this way, the slower it comes off the less loose skin you will have! There has been one quote that always keeps me going even on my worst days " No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone who is still on the couch". Hang in there and keep your chin up, you are doing great!!