Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

daily weighers: how long till you claim a lower number

If you weigh daily, how long do you wait to "claim" a new, lower number on the scale? I notice that sometimes my weight goes down and then it will fluctuate a bit over the next couple of days before the new number is established. I am wondering this mostly as related to entering a lower weight into MyFitnessPal (for my own purposes only). Thanks!

Instantly! If it drops Its mine. Lol

carpe diem! :)

I weigh daily but record once a week in MFP. Every Wednesday since that's the day I had surgery.

I weigh in daily.. and record to a spreadsheet.. and i record my measurements every week or if i have been gaining weight for over 2 days in a row..

I record my weight on lose it.. only when i lose some.. ;)

I record every Saturday but weigh everday too. Sometimes if it's a big loss I'll record it out of excitement!

I wait a few days for stabilization! Add me to MFP stargirl37!

I weigh every day, but because of how our bodies fluctuate (wish this thing had spell check!), I only claim it if it has stayed consistant for at least 2 days in a row.

THIS!

I know that it will fluctuate back up, but I simply ignore the increase and only record new lows. there have been times when I've seen a new number on the scale, and then it's bounced up a few pounds and stayed there for a week... but I still stuck to the new number because I knew it was going back down eventually anyway... Now if I was misbehaving and actually thought I was gaining real weight.. I'd go in and change my weight to show the gain.

I record every Saturday but weigh everday too. Sometimes if it's a big loss I'll record it out of excitement!

:);):)

Ditto. And if it goes up, it's mine. It is what it is when it is.

I'm with her! If I see it...I record it!

I weigh everyday, but decided that I will only record on a monthly basis. I use it as a guideline to let me know if I should try to up my calories/fluids or increase/decrease my walking to try and prevent a stall.

I record in MFP daily the ups and downs. It helps me see long term. My long term actually looks kinda like a staircase. Loose stall, stall loose. I've almost gotten used to the pattern and try not to focus on it too much.

Sent from my iPhone using VST