Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December chat

HI KIDS !!!

Wow what a long day, had to take DD to her friends, spent a good part of the day there, then we girls went for haircuts....got about 4" taken off the back. Its still past my shoulders but i feel naykiiiiid ;) all the dead ends are off and it looks healthier. I didn't realize the damage the pool Water did to it this past summer. It was DD's first professional haircut and boy did she feel like a queen. she has long beautiful thick curly hair and they trimmed it and did long layers...looks much healthier now too.

Eating has not been healthy.... Beanie...spinach dip is running rampid in my house too LOL, although I refuse to part with it LOL. Funny thing is, I can only eat about a scoop as compaired to 1/2 the bowl LOLOL.

I'm hoping Jan 2nd I can start kicking ass again. I'm so close to being in onderland and yet so far. I'm hoping I'm there by February.

Anne good luck with the job ;)

Mandy feel better :bananapartyhat:

Cindy, yes, lets pray :eek:

Sherry feel better :huggie:

Jules hang in there.... maybe you could freeze the fudge or hide it ;)

Well kiddies, I must take these contacts out and put on my jammies :D

TTYT

Hi everyone--sorry to hear that more of us are under the weather--Mandy, rest when you can--like Beannie told me, it does help. Sherry--I HATE when my stomach gets sour that way---eeewww!!!

It has been a rough few days here. My best friend, Becky, has been waiting for her Dad to pass away. He has been in the hospital on comfort meds, and nothing else. He died this morning about 5. She is naturally tore up. It is so hard not knowing how to help. This is very wierd...I wish I had a way to get his pictures to show you guys...but for years he worked a side job (he was an engineer with Intel) as a look alike.......get this, for Gerald Ford! And they died within a day of one another! Too wierd. they have several pics of them posing together. Becky's Dad had Alzheimers, and had been ill for about a year. He suddenly dehydrated, and his body just quit accepting nutrients the Dr. said. So they spent Christmas in the hospital...sad time for them.

There is a story going on here, well in Albuquerque, about a little girl she is 11, she was being chased and attacked by a Pit Bull, and ran out in the road, and was hit by a car. She just was moved from ICU, and they expect her to recover. Poor little girl!

I think we should all make a list of all the food we are disposing of as of Jan. 2. We could have an exorcism of it or something!!! I too think I am excited about getting back on track. I know I have gained weight, I just refuse to look yet!!! Denial-----gotta love it!

Oh I have to tell you guys---I took copies of the pictures DH and I had made to everyone while we were all together on Christmas Eve. My niece made a huge scene, about me being vain and self centered, and in love with myself, because I gave her a picture of us instead of a gift. I bought gifts for her 3 children (17, 15 & 9).....I just gave her the picture, not intended as a gift! Irritated (as well as half embarassed) me to no end!!! I almost made a rude come back, but refused to lower myself that way....now I bounce from being glad I held my tongue to wishing I had blasted her!!! Of course I always think of the perfect thing to say, after the perfect time to say it has passed....

Eileen--- I need a haircut...no I need my hair back!! It is still falling out like crazy! It is feeling very reminiscent....not a good feeling! Hope it stops soon, or I am going to be wig shopping. Years ago, I used to take my nieces (not the snotty one!!! She is DH's neice!) to have their hair "done" (not cut-they were not my kids!!), and have their nails done, each year for their birthdays. They are grown now, and have kids of their own, but they still talk about it! Fun times!

All you Texans---have a great meeting...wish we were headed that way, I'd Detour to see ya. But we won't go again until Spring. Especially now, we have a Winter Storm Warning going on. Expecting several inches of snow overnight. Well actually for the next several days...fun fun fun!

OK, I am off to bed, it is late. I will be back to do some personals, as soon as I can. I am thinking of you all----

Kat

HAPPY DECEMBER!

Thanks Ira for starting the thread and stopping by to say hello. Glad you and your wife is doing so well.

Mary-Congrats at being at your goal also! Now get to curves!..lol..

Sherry-you crack me up! Hey are you sending me emails..miss boberry? It has taken me until today to figure out it must be you. Is it?

Betty-Turn on the radio station and sing your heart out and you'll get in the mood! Especially those chestnuts roasting on an open fire!! Falis Naviada I can't spell it but I JUST WANNA WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS..LOL..OK I'M NUTS I LOVE THAT SONG.

Eileen-Do you need me to sing to you too?

Kathy-HANG WITH US! Yes Darcy hangs here. You should too. I didn't know you smoked! Well congratulations on quitting! We have so much fun here I hope you'll join us. You can talk about boogers, farts, sex, boobs you name it! LOL

Ok so I really need to get me stuff together. I haven't begun to pack! AHH I even have a sales call this afternoon Christmas party tonight and decorating for the party!

So have we ever talked about our most embarrassing moments?

Mine was about 7 years ago. My sister and I had flown to Florida together when we came home we had park at a remote lot at the airport. I had a dress on with stockings and no underwear control tops! Anyway I went to the bathroom and there I was standing in line with 10 people behind me and the man taps me on the shoulder and says excuse me mam, I think you have a problem...AHH..I had tucked my dress into my stockings! So there my size 26 Butt was shining to everyone in the room! It was so funny, but I thought I was going to die!

how did you know you had a port and band leak, what are some of the symptoms?

Good Morning Y'all!

Work wasn't all that bad, in fact it is quiet and dead! We were supposed to work on a big order going out the door, but the info didn't come in so it won't start until Tuesday. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Mandy - I am glad to hear you are doing better! After all that, are those 12's still going to fit you?:bananapartyhat: :eek: :huggie: Still looking forward to some pictures!

Beanie - I still haven't won the lottery either! Bummer! I'm in the same boat as you, ate too much and did too little to burn it off! I figure the new year is right around the corner, good time to begin all over!

Kat - Sorry to hear about your friends DD. I lost my DD and DM at Christmas too! My DD had a freak accident Dec. 18, and DM passed away on Christmas Eve. I miss them dearly all the time. I will keep your friend in my prayers, she is lucky she has you to lean on. We all need someone like that during those times. Sorry your DN had a problem with your pictures, sounds like she just wanted a present to me. Next year don't give her anything!

Eileen - What a nice day, spending it with DD and doing something special for yourselves!

Anne - Hope your back is doing better!

Cindy - Lady of leisure, what are your plans for today? When I was home for a while last year, I worked harder at home than I did at work!

Sherry - Feel better soon! No fun being under the weather!

Jules - I bought all the stuff to make the fudge, then at the last minute I decided not to make it. Last year I couldn't keep my fingers out of it!

Chrispy - What's up girl? Did you do any after christmas shopping?

Scorpio - There are lots of theads on that subject, go to the top of the screen under search and put in what you are looking for. It will bring up a lot for you to read. Also if you go to the main screen and post something on it, you will get more advice. We haven't had too many problems on this thread, a few but not many. Welcome to the Jersey thread though!

My DSIL bought me a bunch of different body lotions, last night I used one of them, (white chocolate). Well, let me tell you I smelled just like a chocolate bar! I told DH, smell this and he said "all I smell is chocolate". I said "Yeah, well it me, and it's lotion, so if it makes you hungry during the night, don't bite me!"

Well, got to run and check the board real quick and then get dressed for work. Hello to all of you I missed!

Awww Betty---maybe letting him bite you would have been the start to a whole new gift!!!!! Although with only 8 more pounds to lose---he might have got a bony bite!!

BBL,

Kat

OK... it's Thursday. That is good. I can deal with that... cause that means tomorrow is Friday... and I can't wait for THAT. Wishing my life away, again... *sigh*

Eileenie - I so need to get my haircut, too. I don't know why I keep putting it off. I'll bet the two of you look pretty cute!! Both you and G have great hair. I am jealous! :)

Kat - How strange about Becky's dad and G. Ford. Very sad for her. Hugs to both of you. Oh - and I don't recommend looking at the scale until you are ready to re-commit. It is very depressing. I did notice that I am all puffed up right now - massively retaining Water - but some of it has to be the spinach dip... 9 lbs. YUCK. And here I thought this was going to be the first year I didn't gain ten pounds at Christmas... HA! I guess your DN needs a little lesson in the Spirit of Christmas... :heh:

Scorpio - HI.... I think leaks are generally found when the docs keep putting in fills that just disappear. You would probably be better off to search for Port Leaks or something. We are just your basis boring group, here.... and we like it that way. Please, pull up a keyboard and tell us about you. :biggrin1:

Betty - chocolate? I just can't deal with that yummy smell ON me. It's hard enough to resist the sight of the stuff - but the smell? No stinkin' way. I would be at the vending machines all day long. Of course, if you WANT your DH to nibble on you, then I expect chocolate is good inspiration. :hungry:

Jules - I am with you. Pictures are a GREAT gift. I intend to get some of us on New Years! :)

Well, let's see. Not a darned thing has happened between yesterday and today. Just more of the same, if you know what I mean.

I am sort of pondering the mystery of maybe purchasing an eliptical machine - for those days when I just want to do 15 minutes before I shower - or for those days when I just don't want to get dressed and go to the gym... I just don't want to spend a bunch of money on another item to throw clothes over.... you know what I mean?

So I am thinking about how much I would actually USE the machine. It helps that my work gives us "Ovation Points" which would finance most or all of the purchase of the machine... I just have to think about where to put it that I would be inspired to use it. Hmmm.

Well - that's all that's going on around these parts. I hope everybody is doing well. I am missing some of our gals. I can't wait for them to get back from wherever they are and let us know how the Holidays went.

Howdy to Everybody who has posted, and those that have not.

Hugs and Love.

Irene

Hi, everyone!

Count me in on the "under the weather" category...it's a head thing/sinus infection...I've been in bed since yesterday. Now, DH is getting it. Whoopee. I expect to feel much better by tomorrow. The pwoer of positive thinking. I just sent DD off to the movies with my sis. I felt sorry for her hanging around here with us sickies.

Kat, I LOVE pictures, too. So, I think perhaps the "self-centered" one is HER. Besides, she is rude. You did the right thing taking the high road, even though I would have been tempted to yank that picture right out of her hands, and leave her with nothing. I think she must be jealous of you.

Eileen, I wish I had some of your famous spinach dip...I'm sure that would make this cold disappear!

Beanie, I've got my fingers crossed that you are winning the lottery!

Mandy, take it easy, and hope you are feeling better...that goes for Sherry and all the other sickies, too.

Love to chat longer, but need to go back to bed....I'll check in later if I can pry the puter away from DH. Maybe he'll need a nap or somethin....

Cindy

Beanie,

I would love to buy an eliptical thingee. It just isn't in the budget right now. Maybe one will show up on my doorstep. Ok, maybe not.

I haven't bought any exercise equipment since being banded. I have my treadmill from before, and I gave away a good exercise bike, because I never used it...but that was long before banding. I find it much easier to exercise now...so I may actually use it!!

Meanwhile I go to Curves, and enjoy that a lot. It is sometimes a pain to get out and actually go somewhere to do it, but at the same time, I enjoy the interaction with others, and the music, and the overall attitude adjustment I get from going.

This summer I intend to buy a new bike...but one for the road...not stationary. And also to buy the trampoline DH told me to get. But prefer to wait until the weather is such to enjoy it!

I think I would be me.....and intend to use it, but slack off after a few weeks....shame on me!

My April Bandsters Group, has been challenging at 17, 35 minute workouts a month...as well as getting our Water intake up. I am barely making this months exercise challenge--the water is easy for me--now they are upping it to 40 minute workouts I think. So far my Curves will still cover it-especially the days I can walk back and forth--but with bad weather it is limiting me...or at least I am finding that as a good excuse!!! I look forward to having other options again. Christmas is over, so I am done with winter!!!

Cindy, sorry you too have joined the "sickos"...I feel like I am breathing easier this afternoon, but my voice is all but gone...I have a migrating cold I think!

Thanks for all the nice comments on the picture and my niece. I didn't give it to her as a gift, I simply took them because we were all together. Many years ago--close to 20 I'd say, my BIL & SIL started photo albums for my kids, as well as the other nieces and nephews, this niece included. The agreement was to update family photos each year. Through school pics and such we did pretty good, and we always try to take group pics, when we are together, they are from Denver, so it is not far between gatherings. When we do pictures, we share for everyones albums. All of my kids still have theirs--and we can go back and follow cousins from grade school to wedding... I guess she took offense at my giving it to her at the gift exchange. Don't really know what crawled up her butt...but not going to lose sleep over her actions. But it helps to hear that y'all didn't think I was out of line giving it to them there. Thanks!!!

You cannot imagine the mess I made in my kitchen a few minutes ago! I have Carne Adovada (beef pieces in mexican red sauce) in the crock pot, and as I was putting the lid back on after stirring it slipped....one corner splashing into the HOT red sauce---splattering it everywhere...even the ceiling! Got my t shirt, but didn't get on me or burn me, and the granddaughter was not in the kitchen---so as irritated as I was, I was glad it was not worse. Now it is cleaned up---and hopefully will stay that way...what a greasy mess!!!!

TTYL

Kat

It is snowing so hard here---I can barely make out the neighbors house across the street---we are talking white out conditions. I have 2 inches on the ground and an hour ago it was bright and I was outside in shirt sleeves!!! This is awesome!!!

Kat

Add me to the list of sick bandsters! It's an epidemic! lol I've got a sore throat, post nasal drip, and just feel yucky! Bleck!

Other than that I've just been working my butt off at work and packing up for my move next weekend. I angered the psycho last night when I was packing. He started yelling again. lol. Oh well - only another week and a half and then I'm in my new place. :)

Well off to have some chicken Soup while I cuddle in a blanket!

Sing: I didn't want to ride my bicycle, i didn't wanna ride my bike. heh heh.:guess

Well I saw Bean's posting regarding possibly buying an exercise machine and thought ya know Sherry...you really should get your ars movin if you expect to be under 200 for New Years. Sitting at your computer won't do it and since DH didn't wanna go to the gym ya gotta do it on your own. So 30 minutes on my dreadcycle...I made it. Had to watch the Foodnetwork of course hahaha. Love my "Unwrapped" show....30 minutes...30 minutes of dreadcycle. So now that I got the dust off it, Oh yea plenty of that lol, I'll try to use it anytime we don't go to the gym. Of course if I were really ambitious I'd get my ars outta bed earlier (that means 4:30am) and ride the dang thing again. Oooo not sure I'll make that lol. Anywho...thanks Irene for getting me off my ars! Love ya toots!

Chrispy - That psycho just scares me. What the heck is he expecting there to be no noise when you live on the bottom floor? The man needs to move into your apartment so he can't B#$ch about noise. Unreal and ya know why doesn't he do that while the landlord is showing your apartment aye? Hope you feel better soon.

Bean - As far as buying exercise equipment...why don't you try posting a wanted posting in your local Freecycle group first? Why not get one free first to see if you really will use it? I know I gave my treadmill away on Freecycle to someone who asked for it mainly because my mom already has one and we moved into the same house together. I do have to thank you....after seeing your post about getting an exercise machine...I hopped on my dang Dreadcycle and did a 30 minute workout. You feeling better now?

Betty - Hows working going girlfriend? I made it to work today...another quiet day. ( A gal can get used to that but, as Chrispy can attest...usually it's followed by some fall-out...hopefully nothing major :) ) How is your foot doing by the way?

Cindy - How is retirement going? Ohhhh I can think of millions of things I'd do if I weren't working. Getting back to my tole painting would be one, building a doll house with electric lights etc, making a new quilt for my bed, reading some more books, practicing Reiki, ohhh organizing my house. Yeap I'd be busy. Congrats on your weightloss...my goodness you're doing awesome! Hope you're feeling better and DH too.

All these sick folks...see...what I said is true...one of of us is down the rest of us feel it hee hee

Kat - Are ya feeling better yet? How about your DH, is he ok? Snow...we haven't had much of that yet. We had a dusting a bit back but, nothing to even stay on the ground. We get threats of it then being NE the weather changes every few minutes :) DH was going to go for a "frosty balls" run on his motorcycle with the other guys to watch the polar bear club jump into the ocean but, now they say it's going to be icey on New Years. Me....I told him to look me up in the spring if he expects me on the bike hahaha. Maybe by then I'll own my own set of chaps. (My mom and DH were joking....they're going to get me a leather bra to wear on the bike. HA won't catch me on the bike in that.) I happen to think the picture was a great idea and considering, like you said, you got for her kids truly you owed her nothing. My DH's sister got all bent out of shape because we mentioned not buying for the adults this year since we all have kids and money is tight for everyone especially her. Well she got made and told another member of the family, who of course told me, that she was making us something and won't give it to us now because we're not giving her anything. Christmas spirit...gotta love it hahaha. It's HER problem hon...HER selfishness. I think it was great!

Eileen - Ohhh I'd be in trouble at your house with the dip. I bet you make is so yummy too. How are you feeling? You're on vacation right? I hope you're enjoying it :)

Well I know I've missed many here but, DH is calling. The "dog whisperer" is on and we've been getting some tips from him. Ya know the tips really help! Darcy - Have you seen this man?

Hello everyone I missed....I hope you're all feeling well.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the night, keep on shrinkin and I'll catch up with a tomorrow! HUGS