Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December chat

Mary-I'm glad everything went well ! Yay

Kat-You've sure been busy! You DH cracks me up! I haven't looked yet but thats the next thing I'm doing!

Cindy-Wow what an emotional day for you I'm sure! Did you ever think this day would get here?

Bean-Glad your feeling better.

Ok my brain is getting back slowly. I know I've left out a bunch of you, I'll get cha tomorrow in the car on my way up to NJ.

Eileen-I hope you got my message and I hope this thing words so I can check it.

Have a good night guys and thanks again! I'm not sleeping much so we are adjusting the medication a bit. But I'm not crying anymore!! YAY

Hi Kids,

Did some shopping today with Mom, it was nice to go out with her by ourselves for once LOL then I went food shopping and got the stuff to make christmas dinner. Then grabbed DD from school and it was to late to do anything around the house :lol:

Dianne, Yes!! I got your message, Saturday morning would be wonderful...what time and where?

Mary I'm soooooooo glad your okay and I'm sorry I didn't read your posts until now. Praise God !!!

Cindy, wowee girl, I can't believe it CONGRATULATIONS !!!! Enjoy your retirement :P

Beanie glad your feeling better. Your on a roll now with the band CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! WHOOT !!!

Kat, hope you get your pictures. Yes it is very frustrating. I ordered a cd for my mom and they tell me NOW it might not be in and (amazon) gives me no date as to its arrival. dopes!

WAVING to the rest of you chicklets...gotta run :lol: love you all.

Awwww I miss all the fun out here in New England. If anyone visits this area definately let me know :P I'd love to meet ya!

Just got done wrapping all the gifts....put them under the tree. Now....gotta clean my office and bedroom before the weekend and I'll be set. WHEW! Never ends does it ladies?

So....TOM is overdue and it's really causing problems weight wise grrrrr. I'm not sleeping well at all...feel really tired...and just don't have time to give into a nap or two. Oh well....this too shall pass. In the meantime...that scale is my enemy right now grrrrrrrrr

Hi all, I have been in battle with Sears all day. I won. 2 weeks ago my washer broke, I think I mentioned it after it happened. Repairman #1 comes out and says it a belt, and orders said belt, promising to return on tuesday (yesterday). Monday the parts arrive here and I call to let him know they are here and ready to be installed. They tell me that he will come sometime on Wed (today). I pitch a royal fit, I have cleared tuesday for the repair and had doubled my already hectic schedual for today to make time for the tuesday repair. I'm told that they can't change the schedual as it has already been sent to the repair crews and can't be changed. I was also promised that I would be first on the list for today so I only had to move a few morning appointments. Then they call to confirm last night that the repair person will be here between...wait for it....4 and 8pm. AGH!!!! Can't these people read the notes???? Didn't they get the memo, they are dealing with a crazy lady with laundry stacked to the celing????? I have a serious melt down.....I tell the guy that if they are not here by 9:30 am, they can fix the damn thing at sears, cuz I am going to throw it through the stores window.....there is silence on the other end of the line. Then the stunned man says...let me see what I can do, just calm down mam. LOL! At 9 am the repairman comes, and the belt was only the beginning of my problem. You see Repairman #1 was an idiot....did I mention that he cut his hand, dripped blood on my carpet and got several greasy hand prints on my laundry room wall??? Repairman #2 puts on the belt and starts running the wash cycle, then ask for towels, you see my washer has MAJOR damage, the tub is cracked. This is a 6 month old font loading, Kenmore (almost $900 new), and the tub was cracked by a belt comming off. Repairman #2 is nice, funny, helpful, all the great boyscout like qualities that you want in a repairman, I think he would have stayed and helped with the laundry if he could have fixed the machine. He tells me they are going to have to custom order the tub, and the surrounding parts, along with a replacement door, and front panel as repairman #2 gouged them in several places and they can't just touch up powder coating, it's not like paint I'm told. He gose to the truck to make some calles to see what he can do. In the mean time I am fuming that I am going to spend the holidays with no washer and having to try to go to a laundrymat on friday. AGH!!! notice a pattern here??? I am starting to bang my head at this point. I decide to call the store where I purchased this machine, just to see if they can do anything for me. I call and speak to the manager she is nice and very polite, but firm that they will repair my machine. I tell her my next call is to the credit card that I paid for the machine with, I am sure they will help me, did you guys know that cedit cards will do that??? Apparently they will, or so says my hubby. :P that does the trick, she is suddenly telling me that there is machine on her sales floor that is a $1200 machine with some scratches on the top and one side that she will mark down to the almost $900 that I paid for mine, if I want to do an even exchange. I told her I wanted it delivered and setup at no charge. And I wanted the 1 year warranty that other new products get. It's being delivered friday :lol: I hate sears, but at least I am getting a working washing machine, and I will have the weekend to get my laundry caught up, I think we are going to be stuck at home anyway, Abi is sneezing green tonight. I am going to call the doc in the morning, poor baby, she just can't seem to have a holiday without being sick. It was recovering from the tonsils on her b-day, what we thought was the chicken pox on thanksgiving day and now this for Christmas. I hope she will be well for New Years, I am going to let her stay up to ring in the new year for the first time ever. Well it's been a long day, I have fought the good fight, I have taken a hot bath and I'm going to make myself a coffee and then I'm off to bed. We have a crazy day tomorrow, vet's appointment in the am, lunch with a fellow bandster then I have an appointment with the foot doc for a cortisone injection. Friday is the class party, and then Sat if we aren't too sick we are going to the Holiday Magic light festival at the local zoo on Sat. (http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/0.asp?nSection=2&nLinkID=2&sHTTPLink=../pgpages/pagegen.174.aspx ) There are nearly a million lights and a laser show. We love the zoo, and go often, but this is special, it is really spectacular. Ok, night all, I will check in tomorrow. ~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

Only got a minute, just wanted to say hello! I have been really busy, I had to make a batch of Cookies for my Christmas party at work. The gals were all fighting over the mice I took, one came and ask if I had anymore. I guess they were a big hit. Then DH ask me last night if I had any he could take to work. I have to go back to the store today and get some more supplies, then bake some cookies for him to take tomorrow. Then Saturday I have to bake some cookies for Christmas eve.

I don't have time for personals this morning. I do want to let Cindy, Beanie and Jules I can't make it New Year's day. I already have plans that day. I will get together with you later on, maybe in the spring y'all can come over to my house for lunch or something.

Mandy - I am proud of you girl for sticking up for yourself. I am a firm believer in that! It's great that they are replacing it for you! Almost like getting a new present huh?

Well got to run and finish getting ready for work. I just want to go back to bed and sleep for a couple of hours. I didn't sleep good last night, now that all I want to do. WTF?

Catch you later, have a great day!

Good Morning,

I'm staying in my PJ's alllllllllll day today :lol:

Actually I have alot of cleaning to do mostly folding laundry AND actually putting it away LOL then I have to make cupcakes for Dd's christmas party tomorrow but first I had to come here to say hello :P

So my pretties.... I'll be checking back in later.

Cindy.... is today your first day of retirement? whatcha doing? :lol:

Hugs

Good Morning,

Well the Snow has stopped and of course I am snowed in and will not be going to work. I attached some photo's of my front yard and one of my sons play house, I do not see many people ventured out as of yet and I do not try and clean the snow myself. I will wait and see if the ex comes by again like yesterday and cleans it. Anyway after he gets his car unstuck

There are 2 tricycles out in the yard and all you can see is the handle bars.

Kat ~ I am deathly scared of heights. I just want to look at it. It is so amazing to me they would build something so awesome. I can understand it being sacred to them. I did not know why it was built but had seen a picture in the paper.

Well Cindy how does it feel being free??

Mandy ~ I am so sorry about all the B/S you are getting from Sears. I hope the washer is delieverd at the crack of dawn for you.. The Zoo sounds fantastic -

Sherry ~ You are always working Girl... I have yet to actually clean up in here. We backed chocolate chip Cookies and I am not even going to say how many I had.. (shame on me)

Eileen ~ that sounds like you had fun shopping with your mom. I have to really get out and finish my shopping along with the other million people that did not complete it.

Dianne ~ How are you doing?? One day at a time (((HUGS)))

Jules ~ Hi there

Betty ~ Mice?? You make such awesome treats.. I wish I could do that!

Irene ~ Believe me running was on my mind. Everything just went so fast they did not give me time to think.

Glad you are feeling better. My crud is still hanging around ~ runny nose and still coughing up the crud. Cristians ears are much better but he is still coughing but not out with the crud.

Well chicas If I missed anyone ~ Sorry but I needs to get cleaned up and my child wants pancakes for Breakfast.< /p>

Wow!

Such a busy and momentous day...

Cindy - CONGRATULATIONS!!! How are you spending your first day as an old retired lady?

Kat - yes - officially in Twoterville and damned well never going back to Threedom. That feels pretty good... Maybe as good as your feeling of organization does... :] And I find it hard to believe that you look scary! Hugs!

Jules - I am all excited about our get together, now... So - what have you been up to? Are you all set for the big day?

Dianne - not crying is a good thing. Have a good trip. I hear hugs from Eileen are thereaputic... :] Hugs!!

Eileenie - I am jealous of Dianne. :] Yes, I am feeling much more human, today. I can't wait to be done with the nasty-tasting anitbiotics - but otherwise, all is well.

Sherry - I think I must be your evil twin - cause your life sounds amazingly familiar - right down to needing to clean the office and the bedroom... I hope you get it all under control so you can relax a little bit for Christmas. Hugs!

Mandy - Sears! (see irene spit on the ground). Yeah - after the THIRD attempt at bringing me my bed - they finally got it all together, and they gave me one of those air-mattress bed thingies as a "sorry we're such a pack of morons" gift. Hopefully the third time will be a charm for you, too. Hugs!!

Betty - you know, I kinda figured that you would have some fab plans for New Years - Heck, I thought everybody would... but hey, it was the best day for me, so I threw it out there. Sorry you won't be there....I was hoping to see you again. We'll have to do something a little farther south later on. Oh, and those mice are so darned cute - of course they were a hit!

Mary - Talk about a Winter Wonderland! Geesh. It's awful pretty though. Just cuddle up by the fire and enjoy the snow day. You are sick anyway. Just think - you got a sick day - but when you go back to work you won't be any more behind than everybody else! :]

Well - not much happening - and that is the way that I like it. I don't want any Drama at Christmas. Heck, I don't want Drama any time, ever. We went to SIL's for dinner last night and ate some of BIL's really excellent curry dishes. I swear, if we ever win the lottery, we are opening a restaurant for him. That stuff is so good. Of course, all I did yesterday was eat - but after not being able to eat anything for two weeks, I figured I was entitled to a small pig-out.

***It's SO funny what I consider "Pigging-Out" now. I am sitting here laughing - cause I ate a WHOLE bowl of rice and greens and ground beef curry. (a normal type bowl). Yep, that is pigging out. In another life, I would have eaten TWO heaping bowls or more. I guess, in the grand scheme of things, I am not going to worry too much. :]

Well, my Darlings - I have to slog through the rest of this exciting day...

Hugs all round~!!

Wow, Cindy-lou you've graduated to a whole new life! I'm Soooo happy for you. And, I can not ever imagine having to say good bye to kids, I did some of that last year but not like what you wrote about. Very proud of you for all that you gave to the world. :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Yesterday was just a nightmare for me..... the last day of school before Christmas break. I thought with all the kids in parties all morning I could wrap up paperwork..... uh no. I just had to have a 4th grader fall from the monkey bars and break his arm. Super duper. When that happens I have to take the wheelchair from my office and hike the campus to the injured one (let me remind ya all, I hate to leave the office) Thank the heavens that 2 male teachers were called to lift the boy into the chair. From there all I had to do was wheel him back to the office, put him on ice and call his mom. Once all this happened I was pretty much done and nothing more practical was accomplished. When work was over at 1pm I rushed over to our nurses xmas party. Still pretty new to the group these gatherings get me anxious, and I want to fit in and I just don't feel like I do. We had a gift exchange and in the middle of it someone glanced at her watch and said it was 3:34. I just freaked. The party went longer than I expected and my twins had been waiting for me to pick them up for over an hour. I ran from the party, without my gift. One of the girls said, "here take this one" I said NO, its the one I brought! and dashed out the door. It's why I hate gift exchanges, and being a single mom with no time to squeeze in engagements that I have really no time to attend. I only went because it's politcally correct to do so with the people you work with. To top this whole story off, I called the drs office at 10am to find out what happened with my faxed "medical necessity" letter. It was to go out on Dec 8th. When I didn't get my call by 12pm today I called again and my answer was yes the letter was sent.... Dec 13(5 days later than promised). I feel duped again. nothing happens as it should and I am weary of trying. Sorry to sound so sad and I can totally relate to Mandy and her washer. Customer service sucks! This weekend I need to prepare for a long car trip to my Moms and just the thought of packing clothes for 5, gifts, gas for car, air for tires, money and smiles.... I just don't wanna. I'm going for the kids but me, I'm not chipper anymore. I'm just plain tired. This is just too physical for me. My day was just wasted and in an hour the twins get out of school and I've done nothing for the trip. Just shoot me.

Hi everyone! Just popping into say hi. I started my cooking tonight, which will go right through until Monday. haha! I love it though.

Cindy - I wanted to make sure to congratulate you on your retirement! I'm sure it has been an emotional week, but what a great week to retire! Congratulations!!

Well off to continue with my cooking. Happy Holidays!!!

Awww Patty, I'm sorry your day was insane. Wish we could give you a big ol hug and a pat. I hope you get to relax some tomorrow :)

Beanie, yeah piggy out does have a whole new meaning doesn't it LOL If I sit with some chips, it a whole whoppin 8 of them instead of the bag LOL which is awesome isn't it. Glad your feeling better.

Crispy chick, how's it shakin ? :huggie: Watcha cookin me?

Mary those pictures make my bones hurt LOLOL hope you get out soon and finish up what you need to do. I dread the snow.....guess because I have to drive in it....yuck.

Actually my bones hurt from the cold and being on my feet for most of the day. I got alot done but boy... there's so much more to do. A woman's job is never done....(who ever said that should be slapped up side the head LOLOL).

Well nighty night.... time to shower and watch the rest of the grinch (for the 5th time LOLOL)

Luv yah's.

NJ Chick tonight I'm making a Spinach & cheese Calzone for our work party tomorrow, and I made a homemade sauce w/meatballs and sausage. I'm cooking the sauce tonight, and then I'll cook it for a few more hours on Saturday while I'm frying my eggplant. (Can you guess that I'm cooking Italian for Christmas?!) Yum!!

Good Morning Y'all!

TGIF! I can't wait for the day to be over with! Nothing like wishing your life away huh? I just have a ton of things to do and I am ready to get it done! I think we are going to get out of work a little early today, and I am planning on going and finishing my last few gifts. I hope it works that way! Tomorrow I will hit the grocery store early and get my last few things there, and then I get to finish up some baking etc.

Beanie - All I have done for the last 2 weeks is eat crap! They have brought so much candy/cookies etc in to the office and I just keep shoving it in my mouth even when I am not hungry at all! No big fab plans on New Year's, but I do a lot of cooking of things we all eat for good luck and the family stops in and we eat as much good luck food as we can! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: So it is a cooking day for me. I think I might have a few of the neighbors over for New Year's eve unless they have plans somewhere else. I haven't talked to them yet.

Cindy - Hey free lady, what are you planning today? what is your first free day plans? Rest or working on things at home?

Chrispy - Your Calzone sounds great, I love those things. I have never made them at home though, just ate them out.

Jules - You'll love the girls when you meet them. I haven't got to meet Cindy yet, but I met Beanie, she's great!

Patty - Things will be fine soon, as soon as you get on the road and where you are going the stress will start to leave. Just enjoy your Christmas and forget all the hassles. Hugs!

Dianne - Glad you are feeling better! Have fun!

Sherry - Are you still making cookies/candy? I loved your pictures!

Eileen - Did you enjoy your pajama day? I love just spending the whole day in my p.j.'s. So what are your plans today? Have you got all your baking done yet?

Pat - Girl I am getting worried about you!

Anne - I really enjoyed your family letter, I feel like I have known you for a long time. Really cool!

Kat - Your DH sounds like fun! I can just see him snickering!

Mandy - Hopefully they deliver your washer soon! I hate to be without one, and I hate going to the laundramat worse!

Mary - What beautiful pictures, but they make me shiver! I like to just look out at that stuff! :)

Where's Cass? What's up girl?

Darcy - How are you doing since you had some of the fill removed? Do you still think you are going to remove the band?

Well, I hope I didn't miss anyone, but it's time for me to get my bunns moving!

Later!

Good Morning,

Well I am here at work.. (die hard)

Yesterday the Ex came over with his roommate and they cleared a path for the car out of the driveway. The kids were getting stir crazy so I got them dressed and into the car to just drive through the main roads to see what the rest of the world looked like. I must say I had it lucky. There were cars that park on the side of the road and they were completely covered, not to mention some that were in the driveways like mine. So I took them to Kmart and got them some sleds and we went back home and since there is a hill at the top of our street ~ I took them sledding for awhile. Then we played in the snow. I was amazed chasing after them and playing out there I did not get one Asthma attack. We had a blast:)

Well I better get some work done since I am off all next week..

BBL

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! TGIF!!!!!

I am with Betty - wishing my life away - at least the next four hours or so..... I am more than ready for the Christmas Weekend.

I have only the gifts for my Sister's family to wrap and then I am DONE. I have all the other miscelaneous items signed, sealed and delivered.

Tonight - we are taking the S & BIL out for dinner - since they have been feeding us delicious curry for weeks, now. After that - I have two glorious days with my darling DH. We have both been sick and are now feeling better so we are going for some serious quality time. :guess

I don't plan on too much stuff like "wearing clothes" or "leaving the house" this weekend. I guess I will have to rouse myself enough to shower and dress for Christmas Day...since I am going to my Sister's house and I don't want to scare the children. :)

Patty, Love - I hope you got all your craziness packed up and in the car to go to your Mom's. Hugs!! I hope you get a minute or two of peace this weekend. Don't fret over the letter thing. I warned you - they need you to harass them.... Just start calling every 10 minutes after you get back from your Mom's. xo

Chris - What?!? You cook for Thanksgiving AND Christmas??!?! I want to be related to YOU. :]

Eileenie - you can't see that Grinch too many times. It's like "It's a Wonderful Life" Mandatory.

Betty - xo - I am just not going to worry too much about the sugar intake for the next few days. I know my Sister baked all her gifts this year.... she said something about Lemon Bars... and I have more than a small weakness for Lemon Bars... *sigh*

Mary - It sounds like you guys are taking advantage of your snowy weather. I haven't played in the snow for like a hundred years... or at least 25...I think I was in high school the last time.... Congrats on the complete LACK of an Asthma attack! What a great NSV!

Well - to all of you that have posted and to all of you that haven't...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! May your Holiday be as bright as the star that shone that night so long ago.

Love and Hugs!