Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December chat

Cass congrats how wonderful I'm so happy for you!

You guys are the greatest. I'm sitting here crying I'm so blessed to have you all. Thanks.

Cassandra, CONGRATULATIONS! How fun, we'll be planning a wedding...do let us in on the details!

Mary, seriously, get those zinc lozenges at Walmart. They'll really make a difference!

Betty, you give such sweet advice...and Eileen, too...I'm thinking of you, Dianne. There are a lot of things that could be going on, but since you mentioned menopause, that might be your gut telling you that's what it is, so go check into it. I have some sadness this time of year due to missing Mom...but I kinda of just embrace it and let it happen, then it slides on by. My best description would be that it comes like waves...sometimes the tide is totally out, and I don't have too many feelings of sadness; sometimes the seas are rougher, and the waves are higher and faster. I decided it was better to feel them, because if not, they just sneak up on me and get me later. Whatever is going on, thanks for letting us know, and I hope we can put our arms around you and give you a safe place.

Mandy, good luck at Wally World...I was there yesterday. It wasn't too bad, if you wear your smile and your patient hat!

Hey, did ya'll check that link to the little movie about the train?

Howdy All!

Another glorious day....

The weekend was productive. DH and I braved the crowds both Saturday and Sunday in order to (mostly) complete our shopping for the big day. Now it's just a run to the grocery store for a few little things to throw into our holiday baskets.

The grown-ups are getting goodie baskets with just a few personalized little things in them. The children are getting proper gifts.

That was pretty much all we did this weekend.

So far, nothing is new with my Dad. He has a test today and another one on Thursday. They are trying to figure out what the thing floating in his heart is. It might be a clot, it might be a tumor. Right now, they have him on blood thinners and some other meds. They don't have him in the hospital or anything - they are just monitoring him.

The whole family is a little freaked out - I mean, my MOM is the one we were always keeping an eye on. Her docs told her years ago that she could drop over any minute - so everyone sort of assumed she would probably go first. We have all felt blessed that we have had her for as many years as we have. Now, I guess we will have to add my Dad to that, "Every day is a miracle" list. Talk about learning not to take anyone for granted.... This is just a little heads up from God, I guess.

Dianne - You have every right to be emotional or depressed, or whatever. Not only do you have the emotionally charged holidays to deal with - but you have lost a bunch of weight - your hormones are probably all over the board. Remember that hormones tend to hang out in fat cells. Once you start clearing out the fat, you are also moving those hormones around. Plus - a large physical change could be expected to cause an emotional change, as well. HUGS!!!

Everybody else - I have to run. I love all of you. I will try to catch up more, tomorrow.

xo.

ok I really need to go get the Zinc Losenges. I went from coughing up the crud this am to losing my voice and when I can get something out well lets just say it's gruff. I had to cancel the scope that I was so looking forward to. Anyway they moved it to next Wed's.. Hopefully I will be better by then.. I can only hope.

Beanie - did not read far enough back to read about your dad.. My prayers that everything is ok and they find out what it is.. Now did they do an Echo? Is that how they found it?

Me bad for not reading... :help:

Hi everyone---I am going to attempt to catch up here!!! I feel almost human, except my stomach muscles feel like I have done thousands of sit-ups....all the coughing has me sore!! I haven't been working out, so maybe the cough is my workout.....ok, well it was worth a try!!!

Cassie--WOOOHOOO Congrats girlie!!!! Engaged!!! And what a special time of the year! Did he have a big special proposal and everything??? Do tell!

Dianne--I wish I had magic words to make it all better for you. Cindy's description was very vivid...it fits my situation perfectly! I was raised in a small area with all 4 of my Grandparents close. Over a period of several years I lost them all, one each in November, December, January and February. So it seems like everytime I turn around it is the anniversary of one of them. Maybe it is a big let down, after having your wonderful Grandmother with you and now her not being there. Everyones insights seem so possible...hormones are hell! I began perimenopause in my late 30's. Partly because I had hormonal problems going on, but no one thought it was too early at the Dr. so there may be something to that theory. Whatever, you always have us to come to and whine, and we will try to help you through --we love you and hate knowing you are feeling blue.

Beannie--will say a prayer for your parents health. It is worrisome, when they get down, you never know if they will let you know if something "feels" wrong, or if they will spare you. At least with children you can get on to them, not so with parents! I think your gift baskets sound like a good plan.

Mary--sorry you missed your company party. I know without a doubt your kids are more important, but it just sounds like the ex was being an ass! I bet that does not come as a surprise to you!!! Hang in there, time helps!

Eileen---fire & kids, now there is an interesting lesson! Seriously---someone had their head someplace inappropriate when they made that call!!! I didn't get any cleaning or anything done besides cough this weekend!! I just finished the house. I now have clean sheets on every bed in my house, and it is clean. Of course tomorrow the granddaughter comes back!!!! I have a few gifts left to buy, shirts for the girls, life savors books for ALL the kids, big & little, and jammies for the granddaughter. Then I will be done. Have some candy to make, but it is snowing today so it is not good weather, it stays too sticky! So I am playing on my computer instead!!!

Sherry--how goes the perfume hunt? I have some I wear on occasion, but the one my DH prefers is a stronger scent, so I mist the air, walk through, and we are both happy!!!

Chris--what kind of fun surprises do you have for your nieces for Christmas???

Mandy--Did you survive Walmart? I thought about going today, but it is snowing, and wet and cold---and the fire is so warm, and my sweats so cozy---here I am!! Any signs of more mice??? I'll loan you Bailey---he is a good Mouser, close him in the basement, bring him home when they are gone!!! He is not afraid of dogs, I think it is because he hasn't found one he can't whoop yet....mean ol cat!!! J/K I understand the allergies!

Betty--your block sounds like the perfect place to live!!! I get along well with most of my neighbors, others we merely nod at---but in reality they are more likely to make a sit com out of my neighborhood as opposed to a post card!!! My neighbors to the south are Mr & Mrs Hoity Toity, they have nothing to do with any of us, we are all seriously below them. And my neighbors directly to the north are serious but functioning alcoholics!!! We do not need an entire neighborhood watch, if Connie is around, she sees it all!!!

Patty--have your feet met the ground yet? I am so doggoned excited for you!!!! Soon all the battling to get it done will be a distant memory, along with a lot of pounds!!! Wooo Hooo!

Cindy---all those birds are coming your way...6 geese a laying, partridge in the pear tree, turtle doves.....watch where ya step!!!! Count down is on!!!

Darcy--let me get this straight, you invite people in to your home, you feed them, make them feel welcome AND you give THEM gifts??? I am so going to the wrong parties!!! I always take a gift....tell us what you made!

Anne--did DH make it home ok from his trip? Was he gone for months and months? Is that why WE haven't seen you??!!

Jules--Thanks for the heads up on the junior Mucinex, it really did help, and was not awful tasting. It is a relief knowing it is there to take when needed, and is band friendly!! Get some guys, keep it on hand!!!

Ok--- off to change out laundry.....I am caught up I think...whew!!!

Kat

Thanks for the offer of the cat. I have 2 totally useless, bags of kitty fur myself. My DH's cat saw the mouse and ran to hide, I think he might be part chicken. I think I might have the mouse situation under control. I haven't seen a mouse for several days. It's funny that I spend thousands of dollars to see a 6 foot tall mouse in Orlando but am will to spend that much or more to kill the little rodents when they come to me. Funny huh?

Abi is feeling better too, the rash is still there but the new meds have stopped the itching, and she seems to be almost back to normal.

My shopping is done except, I still need a huge plastic bowl. I bought a neighbor a big assortment of junk food goodies, (she is a football nut) and I also got her a gift card, it is like a movie gift basket, popcorn, chips, chex mix, pretzels, pop and candy bars. She is the lady that we bought our home from, and she lives across the street. (it was an investment property for her) We love her to death, she is the best neighbor ever. I made DH shovel her driveway when it snowed last week, he was glad to do it, he loves her too.

What is everyone doing for this week? I am going to give up my late night snacking. I need to lose these last 20 pounds. ~Mandy

Can you guys do me a huge favor? Vote for my friend, dizzy-girl.net at this site http://2006.weblogawards.org/2006/12/best_diarist.php You are allowed one vote per computer per day. Thanks Mandy

ok are ya ready? ..........drumroll please.......rat ta tat tat......MY TREE IS DECORATED...but errrr can't find the tree skirt or angel for the top..as Charlie Brown would say GOOOOOOD GRIEF!

Today was 8 maids a milking....

Is it possible?

uhhhh....YES!

I heard from a friend/former colleague that several of my already retired friends are coming Thursday night to my party. That will be sooooo much fun!

Beanie, I send prayers for your Dad.

Kat, simply, I understand about your grandparents.

Sherry, congratulations on getting your tree done!

Dianne, hang in there, sweetie. We all have valleys. That doesn't make it any easier, but we're here beside you.

Anne, glad your Dh is back!

Jules...are you by any chance near TWU in Denton?

I know I'm slacking on some of you, and I'm sorry. I've gotta get the little girl to bed.

More tomorrow...hugs to all, Cindy

Jules! We are neighbors, practically! I live in Sanger, and I'm in Denton all the time...Beanie is in Corinth, and Betty lives around here somewhere, too...we just like the Jersey gals, so we are fortunate they let us hang out here with them! Thanks NJ!

Today is..."Seven Swans a swimming...."

Nothing exciting to report since last night...and THAT'S a good thing! LOL!

swans huh? Have you packed all your classroom stuff? Got an outfit for the retirement party? How exciting, I am sooo happy for you. Cindy you have been a great friend, and I am glad that you are getting what you want, to be a stay at home mom. How long before hubby joins you?~Mandy

Here is something to entertain yourself with today...beware it's addicitve.

http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf

Jules, I teach in Carrollton-F.B. and I teach English/Language Arts. Right now, I'm running a little writing lab for students who need a little extra help with their writing (and English language skills).

Mandy, when I moved to my new little room and out of my real classroom, I pack almost everything and took it home. I now have a smaller version of my stuff (hat tip to George Carlin), and it will fit in a small box next week. DH can't retire for 5-6 more years...remember, I married a younger man! Thanks, Mandy, for the nice thoughts. I will be always around here, poking my nose into everyone's business! Thanks and hugs to you!

I see you on here, Beanie, and I'll check back to see what's up in the glorious world of mortgage lending!