Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my first appointment

Had my first appointment with my surgeon today. Super excited. Now I have to do a 3 month supervised weight loss (required by my insurance) I have a feeling it going to be the looongest 3 month of my life. I'm just really excited with this change in my life. I've (like soo many) struggled with my weight all my life. Up, down, up and up and up. It's never really bothered me too much but within the past year and a half it's been bothering me. I think I'm just over it. I want the real me to come out. Instead of being the funny fat girl I want to be the silly skinny girl. I want to be able to run with my son and play with him. I'm just ready to be happy :-)

Good luck :) The time will fly by for you. I can tell you that I have been in a weight management program for the last year. I did it with the intention of going for the lap band. The surgeon who does it at my hospital ended up leaving and the band is no longer available. It took me several months of debating the sleeve and then one day it just hit me - I have to do this. The main thing that motivated me was that I want to have children soon, and I want to be healthy for them. It sounds like we are similar in that respect. :) And like I said.. the 3 months will fly by, all of the visits with psychiatry, nutrition, support groups etc takes a lot of time and so you will be glad you have it! Good luck! I wish you the best.

I just had my first consult with my surgeon today. Unlike you, I have six months of supervised weight loss to do, starting April 25th! Darned BCBS insurance! Not even sure they will cover it since I need some co-morbidities for the past 3 years. This year I am over 40 BMI, but not the past 3, so I might be denied.

That's weird cause I have BCBS also and they only want 3 months. Maybe it's a different plan. My BMI is well over 50 which really made me think "what was I thinking!!" But I'm super excited to get going on this journey. I have my second doctors appointment next week and then nutrition on the 17th. I'm wondering how the psychologist exam goes. Well beat of luck to you on your journey :-)