Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly scale challenge

Thanks Becky... I think you had a good weight-loss this week too...yes????

Betty... I can't wait until we can watch you have success with that band that is waiting with your name on it!

Maureen... WOW... I want a doc that makes offers like that! You VERY close to collecting and congratulations!

Darcy

Maureen - I want a Doctor like that too! He sounds great!

Darcy - Thanks, I am VERY anxious to get that band with my name on it too. I hope I get a new nice one like Leatha got the second time around:D

Betty

190. I thought I'd gain after eating salty Snacks this weekend! I got .3 put in my band yesterday. That seems to really be helping with the "grazing". The nurse kept telling me how good my legs look. My husband said my calves are getting definition. It's that biking. Now I need to get to work on the gut and upper arms! Hopefully I'll have a "losing" week for a change.:D

Finally shook the 1/2# up, 1/2# down! 4 pounds this week. I received my first fill on Friday, the 17th. 1cc

Darcy, you're doing awesome!

I pretty much wanted to skip checking in with all of you this week... everyone is doing so well. I keep gaining and losing the same 1-2 pounds. Up to 239 again. I go for the first fill in my new band this Thursday, but my doc is very conservative, so I am not sure it will make much difference.

I have to try harder to control my eating... just because I can eat bigger portions doesn't mean I should... right? Now, if I could only get that other person that lives inside of me on board we would be on our way.

I couldn't wait to get the go ahead to start exercising again, but now I can't seem to make myself get back into it. I went the last 2 days, so I am proud of that.

Congratulations to everyone who lost this week. Keep up the good work and send a little bit of your magic my way... I NEED HELP!

Have a great week.

Anne... hang in there until that first fill... I would think your doc might be willing to start out with a bigger fill considering how long it took them to figure out that there was something amiss. My first fill was 2cc's and I would think he should be willing to at least put in 1.5cc's. I'm not sure what Inamed guidelines are for the first fill but perhaps you could contact them and find out and go to your appointment armed with that info.

Marie... you are are going to be breaking that ole 190 mark with your new fill... I just know it!

Debra... holy moses girl! WTG! What an awesome loss!

I don't know if I'll be able to stay off of the scale this week... I'm anxious to hit the 40 lb loss mark... chomping at the bit!

Have a great week everyone...

Darcy

Darcy - I am sending you some good vibes to lose that and hit that 40 pound mark! {{{{{{Good Luck}}}}}}}

Debrah - Congrats on the 4# That is great!

Anne - Hang in there, I bet once you get that fill things will be better.

Penni/Lisa - Good Luck to both of you, regardless of who loses the most, you both are winners.

Betty

Thanks for the support ladies. I think I will follow DeLarla's lead and look at tomorrow as a new day.

Darcy, I think I will try to convince my doc for more than 1cc. I don't have time to contact Inamed as my appointment is tomorrow... but my doc said that she was only giving .25 for a first fill until Inamed told her to start people out with at least 1cc. Since I don't get fills under floro, she is very conservative.

I have been trying to focus on Protein on top of a big salad. Right now I feel like I can eat anything.

You all are great!

My surgeon does fills "blind" as well... but they told me the minimum they usually do on a first fill is 1.5cc... unless a person is still feeling some restriction. I hope you are able to talk them into a little more than 1cc... you've been pretty darn patient so far.

Darcy

Anne, last night I stayed on line chatting with Penni till I went to bed. I was actually able to eat a yummy salad for dinner, and I chewed really well, then I didn't eat for the rest of the night. So once again, I have one really good band-day under my belt. Yesterday was kind of hard at night. Once we get into the binge cycle, it's hard to stop. Last week I made a committment to call someone every night. My phone bill is gonna be huge, but it kept me from eating.

I have a confession that I've talked about before, but I drink too much on the weekends, either on Friday or Saturday night. I've been contemplating going to AA to quit altogether, but something's been holding me back. I really enjoy going out to party, and we only live once, and I'm not getting any younger. It's not like I'll be hitting the dance floor at my local bar in another decade, so I suddenly came up with a plan. Geeze, it's so simple that I can't believe I thought of it before. I'm allowing myself a 3 drink minimum per weekend.. Why quit when I only drink a couple times a month? It's just one more thing I really don't want to give up. I drink responsibly - I never drive, I don't go to dangerous places, and I'm careful with my money.

The goofiest thing is that this is something I can live with, but it just never occured to me that I can place a limit on myself instead of quitting. Getting the band was enough for me. I'm not allowed to smoke because I have an autoimmune disease that affects my lungs, I'm not allowed to binge, I don't do drugs. Hell, I even gave up getting my nails and lawn done so I can pay for the band. So there, I said it. I'm a lush! But wooo hoo for me, no more feeling bad about it because I'm a party girl and I know it!

And as far as the extra calories, I always drink double my daily Water before going out, I walk extra, and I dance a lot. Plus I skip dinner and just pick at some of Chris's food.

I think this is gonna be a good end of 2004 for all of us... I kinda feel it in the air.

Anne, hang in there. A fill does us no good if we can't control our binges (I'm a living example.) I'm doing whatever it takes to quit binging... one little day at a time.

I DID IT, I have one good day again! And I decided that only posting my weight once a month isn't enough. Weekly is too much. I'm gonna post today - maybe posting my weight twice a month will be my sweet spot! Rock on, everyone!

By the way, I think it's important for you all to know that even though I still have some weight loss, it's not the healthy type. I still have the old bulimic way of thinking. Binge 3 days, and then make up by barely eating, extra exercise and double Water.

So while I cry that I'm eating out of control, it might look like I'm just playing this challenge with Penni really hard. Sure, we both want to win the challenge, but I'd stop that game in a heartbeat if I knew if it was affecting either me or Penni in a negative way.

So Penni, if you're eating because we're possibly getting nervous about wanting to win, I'll declare you the winner right this second and buy you a prize. But if you think we're both okay, game still on.

No, I'm not backing down, but the worst thing in my entire world is a binge. My belly still hurts from 2 days ago when I packed my pouch full.

So sure, I lost a couple more pounds, but only because I starve for a few days after a binge, which is not the way to go.