Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly scale challenge

I am not counting this weight, since my "official" weigh-in day is Thursday, but that fickle scale said 194 this morning. It's because of the liquid/soft phase I've been having, which is going to continue. I'll post separately about it.

I am doing much better now that my scale is in the garage, which is separate from the house with a lock and a heavy door to lift up. Twice a week (or so) isn't as bad as every time I pee. :)

I'm still counting 196, -53 as the official weigh-in.

Everyone is doing great! The Lisa/Penni race is heating up! :banana :Bunny

I'm on a permanent plateau. I'm not giving up, but it sure is hard to keep my motivation up when the scale doesn't move. I'd rather sink into a coma than to count calories. Penni, you hang in there cuz a fill is right around the corner. Sweet, sweet restriction. I crave it! I want it!

Lisa try not getting on the scale so often...let it go for a week or every 4 days..you will see a difference. Getting on the scale everyday is the worst thing for you..its sabbatoges your efforts. If you do not see the scale move and know you are doing real good w/ food, Water & exercise all it will do is discourage you and you will want to eat ! Dont get on the scale! That is why it is called the WEEKLY Scale challenge, it is why I started this thread. So many of us hop on every morning only to see no loss and get bummed out! I'm telling you I firmly believe it is one of the reasons I have been losing every single week. Try it for a week just to see, it cant hurt any

Dont give up!! GO look at your pics you posted that will motivate you :)

Michelle, I put the scale in the garage to keep from daily weighing. The next morning I went into the garage naked and weighed even though the garage door was open halfway... oops.

Next, I put Scale high on a shelf. It wasn't pretty getting on a chair naked to weigh myself the next day.

I've tried "not weighing" but I failed the scale challenge. The scale rules me, it governs my every breath, I must bow to the scale. I hate that F'ng scale, but she is my queen!

Lisa... just a suggestion... but take the scale to a friends house???? Somebody that will gaurd it with the fury that may be required! :)

I used to jump on the darn thing 2 to 3 times daily... and this challenge killed me at first... but now... I have my week all worked out... I can blow it on Mondays (Hence the huge bowl of icecream lastnight) and maybe even push it on Tuesday and I will still have a weight-loss on Monday as long as I keep up the exercise. I'm not going to push it today or the rest of the week... I really need to see the scale make a bigger jump this next Monday!

Darcy

Darcy I agree with you. I find that on Modays afer I weigh in I can "blow it" per say and have 1 day a week to eat foolishly if I so choose, then come Tuesday get right back on track. It works well for me

LOL Lisa...you sound like my brother hedoes the exact same thing. he even weighs his clothes to see what he will wear to his weekly weigh in at his Dr.'s office every Tuesday, he drives me batty, he lives with us and he is on that scale 20x's a day atleast! He has lost 88lbs in 3 months and is almost at his goal, just another 30 pounds for him..we both took different routes to battle our weight problems I chose the band and he chose a different route but we are both having success and that is all that matters! I told him I'm going to hide the scale

AWESOME MICHELLE!!!!! You must be so happy! What a milestone!

My weight... 218.5 ... 2 lb loss and finally broke into the teens! That's a total of 38.5 lbs lost! YaY!

Have a good week everyone!

I'm joining the scale challenge. I have been weighing myself several times a day. Like Lisa I weighed myself every time I was in the bathroom. Last time I weighed myself was Sunday morning, so that will be my weigh-in day. My weight was 213.5. That brings me to 49.5 pounds. This is such a hard challenge for me but I lose the same 1-2 pounds every week. I do not have any fill since I had problems. I am having knee surgery in 2 weeks so they don't want to fill before that. About a month after my surgery my surgeon told me when I hit the 50 pound mark he would pay for me to go for a facial or manicure and pedicure....whatever I wanted. He is a sweetie. I am just 1/2 pound away from collecting on his offer. I can't wait.

I'm joining the scale challenge. I have been weighing myself several times a day. Like Lisa I weighed myself every time I was in the bathroom. Last time I weighed myself was Sunday morning, so that will be my weigh-in day. My weight was 213.5. That brings me to 49.5 pounds. This is such a hard challenge for mem but I lose the same 1-2 pounds every week. I do not have any fill since I had problems. I am having knee surgery in 2 weeks so they don't want to fill before that. About a month after my surgery my surgeon told me when I hit the 50 pound mark he would pay for me to go for a facial or manicure and pedicure....whatever I wanted. He is a sweetie. I am just 1/2 pound away from collecting on his offer. I can't wait.