Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly scale challenge

Teresa, how do you do it? What's your secret to not eating at night? You're going crazy with weight loss... how about some new pictures?

Great job Michelle! You will be hitting that 80 pound mark before you know it!

No gain, no loss for me this week. I'll take it with a smile though, we went to a party Saturday and I certainly pushed my luck!

This thread started on July 19th, a little over 6 motnhs ago, my starting weight on that day was 229 as of this morning 189, that is 40 lbs..Amazing!!! I love this challenge :o

Hi everyone,

It feels like forever since I have directly got to chat with all of you. I was inn-sitting at the bed and Breakfast for a couple of weeks and their computer is ancient and slow. It never seemed worth my time to dink around with their dial up but since I have been home I felt behind in the whole forum. I also am taking an astronomy course for kicks mostly and my hubby just had his 2nd carpal tunnel surgery. Needless to say, I haven't really been able to catch up on lapbandtalk completely yet.

Lisa, I really don't do anything specifically to lose weight. In fact, I feel like I have been pigging out all weekend with my hubby laying around wanting Snacks every ten minutes. I do TRY to make some good choices in my snacks but also still allow my daily chocolate fix. One trick I do to make extra snacking less convenient is I dish up my serving and put ALL of the fixings away. That way if I do want to come back and have more, I have to get it all back out again. That sometimes really does deter me from having more. When I was inn-sitting I couldn't stay out of their fancy chocolate collection (we put them in the guest rooms when they don't go in my mouth) and I found havarti cheese and crackers made for a blissful meal. I don't think those incidences positively influenced my loss but ??? Otherwise I am not doing anything else much different. At my own home I cook more and like to think it is nutricious. I still eat on small plates, etc. I just seem to get on these long plateus and then BLAM... I finally get another decent loss. My best advice is to focus on the solid Protein and let everything else be secondary. Best wishes, Teresa

My husband and I had a couple of really cute pics taken of us over the holidays but it has been so hectic with me gone that we hadn't gotten them posted. I'll try to get him to do that this week. T

Ok who snuck a holiday in here last week. LOL I picked up a pound. Go figure...Doing more exercise and watching close what I eat except salad I can't really see it well under all the croutons...Opps maybe thats it. Damn ever read the side of a croutin package, Holy cow.

So this week its swear off them darn croutons. Going to have to have my salad naked. Oh well Adam and Eve didn't have croutons either.

Hope to have a better week... Hope you all do too.

Teresa & Michelle your doing great job....Ty michelle for starting this. It was a Godsend to get me out of the everyday scale peeking that doesn't help at all.

In old days this one pound gain would have sent me on a eating spree instead made me get on treadmill and do my 5 miles first thing so its done and out of the way.. Won't spend all day trying to come up with things to do or reason not to get on the darn thing. Done, finato kaput over and out roger.

Well i'm down another 2 this week. My fill just kicked in after 2 weeks and wow it's really cranky in the morning! Keep up the good work everyone.