Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weekly scale challenge

Michelle... Awesome girlie! What a downward trend you have going on! WTG!

Marie... WOW... I guess you broke that plateau in a BIG way! 4 pounds... that's phenominal! You are blowing my socks off for sure!

Betty... TOMORROW IS TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!

Lisa... I read your post on the class you took and I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself tinkling by the gallon over the next couple of days! Your body probably thought you were lost in the desert and hung on to every drop of Water it could!

Darcy, my body WAS lost in the desert! After class, we were all wiping dried salt off our faces. And the men all showed off their salt-stained arm pits. Attractive bunch. The desert is brutal!

Thanks Darcy for the Kudos!

Like you said in the weekly challenge post..atleast the scale is going down instead of up. I'm happy with any loss. I did not do so well with the Water and exercise this week. I did not feel good from Wednesday until Sunday night. I felt nauseus (sp?) light headed, just not right. I kept thinking it was from not enough water like I was dehydrated and maybe it was becasue last night I pushed the water big time and I feel much better today. My goal this week is to drink my water and to ride my exercise bike 3x's for 20mins. Eating too much or the wrong things is not my issue I do great with that its the exercise and water I seem to have slowed down on! I honestly believe this weekly scale challenge helps me tremendously to keep focused and accountable.When I look back to the beginning of this post on July 19th my starting weight was 229 so in a little over 2 months I have lost 17lbs! I look forward to my weekly weigh in on Monday mornings. I have yet to hit a plateua since banding.. been losing something every single week but I'm sure that day will come when I hit a plateua and I'm ready for it nor will I let it get me down becasue I know it does and will happen!!

You guys are doing great! All this talk about exercise is making me feel guilty. :D I actually used the hotel gym in Reno and walked on the treadmill, along with walking to shop and swimming in the pool. Now if I can just get it going on at home.

I am down to 191 today even though I had some ice cream and creamy Soups. Ice cream is a liquid, right? :straight

I worked my way up slowly to a stick of string cheese yesterday. CRASH! I hurt so bad and am still sore this morning. My throat was burning, too, and I'm still taking Nexium. I went back to liquids right quick. I'll try one more time working up gradually. Then I am giving up on trying. I emailed my doc to let him know and will call in a couple days to insist on a test if nothing improves. Liquids are fine, but I can't do that forever!

My doc is going to be pissed because I ate creamy Soup and cheese -- heaven forbid I should tell him about the ice cream! Oh well. I had a great weekend, then a bad day. That's not too bad in the grand scheme of things. :)

Becky, who cares if your dr. is ticked off at you! You can't live on liquids indefinitely! Please stay on top of this and find out what is going on. I hope you get some answers soon, and that they're all good! Please take care!:)

Hi Ladies,

You all are doing such a wonderful job. I am inspired to be just like all of you... but I just don't have it fully together... YET!!

I jumped on the scale Sunday night after my 48 hours of fluids post-fill and was down to 235.5, but that was short lived because this morning I was up to 237.5. I have some restriction with this first fill, but I don't think it is going to be anywhere near my sweet spot.

I will just have to watch my diet, exercise and get my Water.

Thanks for keeping me motivated...

Ice cream is a liquid. And if they tell you to switch to solids, it's also a solid. That's the beauty of ice cream.

The Nevada Ice Cream Counsel (a.k.a. ME)

Michelle, try adding a splash of something to your Water. juice, even soda or Koolaid. Just a splash makes all the difference. During my motorcycle class it was blazing hot, so I was gagging down water. Everyone was drinking Mountain Dew, and in that heat it looked so, sooooo good (and I've never been a Mtn. Dew girl.) So I asked the instructor for a shot. He added a small shot of the Dew to my water, and it was so nice. Made all the difference in the world - just a few capfuls did the trick and got my water down real easy with no carbonation.

Way to go La_madam

Took me a week to read all the replays to your original Idea LOL

But your right in two months I have gone thru 8 batteries in that scale. This will be a cost saver if nothing else.

Ok I know its my first monday and I weighted myself everyday since I started process. So here I go jumping on and it says 269. Ok same as yesterday. So now I have to wait a whole week. There goes the fingernailds I was able to get back LOL

Good luck to all joining this adventure.

Greg

Yee Haw Michelle... You must be dancing on the ceiling! WTG!!!

Wecome Greg! Just think of all the money we are going to save in scale batteries! Your weightloss so far is fantastic! Congratulations!

Weight this week... and even 215... 2 lbs down. Total 42 down.

Congrats!

Michelle and Darcy banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

I can't wait to join you gals/guys:D

Greg you have really done an awsome job, you should be very proud of yourself!:Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny

Thanks

Nightingale and Betty.

My initail weight loss was far better then I expected but then I have gone into this program with my whole head and body. I have fought the demons and won so far. And hope to keep winning.

Was very excited about this Idea of La_madam's. Was trying to figure out how to get off that damn scale LOL. You should hear my wife sigh everytime that little Ding sound comes on when its ready to show the weight. She gets to laughing at me so hard I'm afraid my scale hopping isn't healthy for her. LOL

But this challange is very good Idea. THANKS AGAIN La_madam.

Funny its only 9am here and I'm wonder what to do with all this time I have on my hands that used to be spend standing on the scale.

Good luck again All

NEW YAHOO MESSENGER NAME lapbander081004

Hi Greg Welcome to the challenge..this challenge really helps me to not obsess with the scale. It really does work too . Since this challenge has started at the end of July I have lost 21lbs. Hope it helps you to stay off the scale too! You have done awesome in your journey thus far Congrats!

Darcy--Great Job on your weight loss thos week Hope you are feeling better today and have a great week.

Betty - thanks for the Kudos

Fantastic loss, Greg! And you, Ms. Darcy, are going to town!

Wow! Michelle that is awesome! :cheeky: Your 2 month loss is fantastic.

I lost about the same this week as Michelle, but I was on liquids to do it. I'm at 187 this a.m. I've been weighing only twice a week, once for the group and once for my own official record on Thursday. It helps to have the scale in the garage and be out of town a lot. ;)

Well I'm not even thru my first week on the "Scale Challange" and I have already seen the benifits of staying off the scale.< /p>

With the time I have available now that I don't spend it on the scale I have painted the Living room, laid carpet in daughters room, cleaned the garage, helped neighbor put up a garage. AND this is just week one. LOL

Of course I am wondering what to do with all the extra 9 volt batteries I bought for the scale. Was going thru one battery a week before.

I am looking forward to getting on the scale on Monday. Since my weight loss has slowed to 1-2 pounds a week I am really excited about see what I did this week.

Good Luck to all on the challange

Greg