Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woohoo. Had my first appt w my surgeon and coordinator today. Appt next week for the nut. Waiting for the call to schedule my egd. And have to wait til Friday to call and schedule my psych appt. said it could happen as early as end of May!!! Of course all pending insurance approval....

Congratulations! I also had my first appointment with my surgeon and coordinator today. My NUT appointment isn't until April 25th though. I'm going to have to schedule psych and sleep study, and lab work myself though. I'll work on that tomorrow. I have to do a 6 month weight management study though, so it looks like my surgery won't be until the October time frame....that is, if the insurance approves everything!

We're on our way!

I lucked out and had started seeing a new primary doc in August - we talked about my weight and she started treating me for PCOS, insulin resistance, and hypothyroid. So she has been doing lab and weight checks every two months since then. So I have exactly 6 months covered!

BTW I love your Ragdoll picture! We became the proud adoptive parents ;) of 2 ragdoll/siamese kittens in September!

Hello everyone. I'm so glad theres a app like this. I had my visit with the "shrink" last week and I took longer to fill paper work out then I did talking to him haha. I had my endoscopy done yesterday. I was a little nervous about the anesthesia but I did it. I must of been gagging during the procedure because my face around my eyes are super red like blood vessels (not happy about that) I feel great today. I need five weight management classes and I'll be ready for my gastric sleeve =)

BTW I love your Ragdoll picture! We became the proud adoptive parents ;) of 2 ragdoll/siamese kittens in September!

Oh wow! I'll bet you are having fun with them. I'm going to be a breeder of Ragdolls. Mine come from purebred, championship lines, and not related. I have one boy and two girls, and they are all about 1 year old now. Still.... the boy just can't quite figure out how to, well...you know. So it might be a while before I get any kittens. But anyway, they are absolutely wonderful, precious cats... so calm and loving, I fell in love with them immediately!

Oh... and I am an aspie mom also. My aspie son is 16 and just got his driver's license this week. I'll be getting a few more grey hairs now!

Oh... and I am an aspie mom also. My aspie son is 16 and just got his driver's license this week. I'll be getting a few more grey hairs now!

I bet lol. Our daughter is only 7 ;). And they have suggested we start testing our 3yo son. My hubby is one too. Nt is overrated lol

I think my ex hubby is an aspie, but he wasn't ever diagnosed. He has some social awkwardness, and doesn't pick up on body language cues, but other than that he is a good father to my kids. I do believe it to be a genetic thing, although my son was diagnosed shortly after he had his 18 month MMR vaccinations.

Yes that is our belief too. We think both our kids probably carry the gene. Our daughter we held off on the MMR until she was 4 - she was one and due for it when the measles in the bowel thing came out so we waited. Plus the MMR doesn't work on me or my mom. We have both had it and been tested for rubella repeatedly and it's always negative. At age 4 we decided to give it. Within the first month she had a full blown meltdown and scratched the hell out of me (we didn't put 2&2 together until later though) and proceeded to have them off and on all year. The Ped said it was her testing boundaries and that she felt safest with us so she could hurt is and see we wouldn't leave her.

So a year later at age 5 we did the 2nd MMR. Within a month she had her worst meltdown ever and scratched her torso bloody up and down :(. It was awful. Not long after we put 2&2 together. That meltdown was a sensory kids worst nightmare. We were on vacation in Florida she was covered in sand, hungry and cold.

Needless to say our son will not be getting that vax :(

I know they say that the MMR vaccine has nothing to do with kids developing autism or anything on the autism scale, but I think it can't be only a coincidence. Perhaps it has something to do with genetics and a pre-disposed sensitivity to the vaccine. I wonder if that has even been researched.

Anyway, my son has a lot of residual social awkwardness, but otherwise he is doing well. He is working on his Eagle Scout designation, he plays french horn in the band and is going to Europe this summer on an invitation from some Alabama All State band organization. Looking back at how he was as a young child, I didn't hold out a lot of hope for all he has accomplished at this point. He can do nearly anything he puts his mind to.

If I could do it all over, neither of my kids would be getting the MMR vaccines. My daughter was lucky she didn't come down with anything on the autistic spectrum.