Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here, waiting for approval

Thought I should introduce myself since I've been lurking around. My name is Cassandra, I'm 29, I've been married for 7.5 years and I have an 18 month old son. I'm from Lubbock, TX.

I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teen but my weight gain began in my very early 20's. I put on 70 lb in a matter of 12 months. I was always average sized (size 10 or so) and athletic throughout high school so the sudden weight gain accompanied by major hormonal changes was a shock to my system.

Over the years I've become less physically active because I become frustrated with little to no results from so much effort. As a result I've gained an additional 30 lb on top of the 70 I gained at first.

I also struggled with infertility as a result of the PCOS. It took 5 years to conceive our son, and only with the help of medical intervention. I also had some complications during pregnancy such as high blood pressure and gestational diabetes that were caused by my weight. I'm hoping to have more children in the future, but I do not want to put my future children or myself at such a high risk. I need to fix this now.

So now I have 100 lb to lose, and I've decided that WLS is my best option for success. I met with a surgeon (Dr. David Syn) and because of other health issues that have me dependant on nsaids, we have chosen the sleeve. I had my psych eval and endoscopy, so I am now only waiting on insurance approval. Actually they should be submitting to insurance today. I'm hoping for a quick approval process but I'm prepared to have to wait. I may end up needing to complete 12 weeks of supervised nutrition, and in the worst case scenario, I might need to wait out a 6-month pre existing condition period, which will end August 1st.

Thanks for reading, I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum. :)

I got my approval yesterday and got a surgery date of April 29th!

Congrats Harmony! There's a Facebook page for April 2013 sleevers too!

Congrats! My surgery is April 23rd - so excited!

Congrats guys!! Just got my date and signed all consents! Had pre op today....April 18 @ 5:30am can't come soon enough!! So very excited!!

Thanks! Can't wait for this pre op diet to be OVER!!!!

I just rPreregistered today for surgery in Thursday. I'm excited, scared, and anxious to have it done and over with. My folks are her to help with recovery and I'm glad I have awesome parents who are so supportive, thanks so much u guys!!!! 3days to surgery...almost at the end and wow, what a ride! Check back when I'm post op.

Peacenik7609

Thought I should introduce myself since I've been lurking around. My name is Cassandra' date=' I'm 29, I've been married for 7.5 years and I have an 18 month old son. I'm from Lubbock, TX.

I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teen but my weight gain began in my very early 20's. I put on 70 lb in a matter of 12 months. I was always average sized (size 10 or so) and athletic throughout high school so the sudden weight gain accompanied by major hormonal changes was a shock to my system.

Over the years I've become less physically active because I become frustrated with little to no results from so much effort. As a result I've gained an additional 30 lb on top of the 70 I gained at first.

I also struggled with infertility as a result of the PCOS. It took 5 years to conceive our son, and only with the help of medical intervention. I also had some complications during pregnancy such as high blood pressure and gestational diabetes that were caused by my weight. I'm hoping to have more children in the future, but I do not want to put my future children or myself at such a high risk. I need to fix this now.

So now I have 100 lb to lose, and I've decided that WLS is my best option for success. I met with a surgeon (Dr. David Syn) and because of other health issues that have me dependant on nsaids, we have chosen the sleeve. I had my psych eval and endoscopy, so I am now only waiting on insurance approval. Actually they should be submitting to insurance today. I'm hoping for a quick approval process but I'm prepared to have to wait. I may end up needing to complete 12 weeks of supervised nutrition, and in the worst case scenario, I might need to wait out a 6-month pre existing condition period, which will end August 1st.

Thanks for reading, I'm hoping to learn a lot from this forum. :)[/quote']

Hey. I'm also in Lubbock. Waiting on insurance approval.