Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Terrified of anesthesia

I'm just too scared to go under. My surgery is on April 2.

I'm the SAME way! I'm not scared about the surgery getting cut open , I just get scared going under isn't that funny? I get so nervous I feel like I'm gonna get sick right before they stick me .. Your not alone :) I woke up In the middle of getting my wisdom teeth out that was fun lol ouch, I'm sure it won't happen with major surgery. You'll be fine :)! Be a long nap that'll change your life forever :)

I have never had any kind of surgery and I don't have a surgery date yet.....but the thought of being put under scares the heck out of me too! I find myself obsessing over that and worrying about getting a blood clot.....especially after a fellow VST'er recently passed away from that complication. But in the end, I think we have to keep telling ourselves that this surgery is going to get us healthy and just stay focused on that.

I keep blaming it on all the grey's anatomy I watched for the past years! Should totally stop watching this show - at least till surgery! I had to do an endoscopy the other day and they had to sedate me. I think I made everyone so uncomfortable with the crying and shivering. Ahh! I'm not scared of the actual surgery either - just the freakin anesthesia!!

Aw you'll be fine! I've been under many times. I always get scared ofcourse but were human,we worry. It's okay. You'll be fine!! Of purse there's complications and risks with surgery but the chances of you dying is slim to none! Go to a trusted well known doctor with allot of success for one and after surgery FOLLOW the rules and guidelines!!!! I would be worried more about cheating and splitting my stomach causing a leak . Just listen to your body and if there's red flags or something's not right get checked! Better safe than sorry! I'm getting it knowing the risk of possible death because well it's so rare and I rather take the chance than to continue living out my days healthy, hurting physically and emotionally and miserable. Looking at the success of all these people and knowing how wonderful my life will be shadows everything else! Leave it in Gods hands :)

Awww thanks for the support <3 I think you said everything that keeps going through my head. I'm just tired of being uncomfortable with myself and hate it when people say "oh but you have such a pretty face!" I've been putting a lot of things on hold for so long waiting for the day I lose weight - and then I realized that this will never happen unless I take this step. Do you have a date yet for your surgery?

Lmao I hear ya!!!!! People always tell me I'm beautiful ad have such a pretty face .. Like yesterday for ex. I was at kroger and this lady randomly came up to me and gave me this card that advertised her selling these cellulite wraps and I looked at her and was like thanks?( then killed her about 10 times in my head) and told her I would probably get it after I have surgery but I don't need it now (totally lied I wasn't gonna buy one) and then she gave me a hard time about getting the VSG! A stranger who doesn't know me from Adam! Who had an opinion about my life, my health to the point that I got mad and wanna know how he ended our meeting by walking away saying oh well you have a pretty face.. I wanted to scream lmao I'm so sick of people saying that to me! Hahaha and people always having negative things to say about my surgery! I have to life in this body for the rest of my life NOT them just irritating I wouldn't get this surgery sooner! Lol. And no I don't have a set date but were aiming for June :) sorry I went on rant lol

I forgot to add in there I add identity deleted a sentence that " I'm sick of people for example that lady trying to sell me body fat wraps, being able to pick me out of a crowd and insist I need it cause im fat. Rolls eyes* just don't wanna be the at one that stands out anymore lol

This is hilarious!! It's like you are telling my life story!! Loved the rant! Got millions of them. For example - I know that sometimes the girls in the office want to criticize other girls' bodies and whenever they use the word "fat" they blush and turn a million colors and try to avoid making eye contact with me. What the heck? That makes me even more uncomfortable!!! Or when one of those DVD ladies approach me initially to try to sell DVDs and end up talking to me about the diet pills they can get me. Ahhhhhhh. Feel free to share more of those rants! Can totally relate

Lmao! See and that's why there's a place like this website that's made for US! Your my bariatric sista;) were all in this together:) glad we can share these funny stories and able to relate to others who have been in our shoes! just good to know that after the surgery we will be able to look back on everything and laugh cause it'll be in the past :) And we will be on the other side of the spectrum for once! Can't wait lol

I didnt think about it till they came in to take me to the operating room! They gave me what they called a Shot of taqilla to calm me down. After that I was speaking spanish that I learned from dora the explorer! I had my surgry in mexico, I forgot to add that detail LOL I also have been under anesthesia many times in the USA. Say a prayer before you go in and follow your surgeons instruction to the t. Good luck and I wish you the best

Haha - yay! I now have a bariatric sistaaa! I'm no longer nervous about anesthesia. I'm sure I'll start freakin out again in a few minutes. *zennnnn*

I didnt think about it till they came in to take me to the operating room! They gave me what they called a Shot of taqilla to calm me down. After that I was speaking spanish that I learned from dora the explorer! I had my surgry in mexico' date=' I forgot to add that detail LOL I also have been under anesthesia many times in the USA. Say a prayer before you go in and follow your surgeons instruction to the t. Good luck and I wish you the best[/quote']

Haha! Wow - I assume I will start speaking French or Arabic then as they give me this magic shot. I really hope they have something similar here (in Dubai). Oh dear God - the crying will be so embarrassing!!!

I did the Spanish thing too lmao!!!

Don't be been under many times and they know what they are doing if u have faith in your drs not reason to be scared.