Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Holiday Open House

Thanx. Now that I am retired I've got to figure out what to do with the rest of my life! Now that is going to be complicated!:) :help:

Happy retirement Green!!!! Oh what to do? I would travel, sleep in and exercises more. Exercises more means I would exercises. I've been a bad Wheezy haven't done it in a while. I would make more home cooked meals, maybe try some cooking classes. I would certainly spend more time on the computer, learning about it that is. Maybe I would work at Tim Horton's or whatever else I would fancy that day. I would try different hobbies that I never had the patience to do when I was younger, maybe take painting classes. I'm developing an interest in photography, maybe I would spend more time exploring this........Or maybe I would just sleep all day. Green you live in Toronto everything is at your fingertips. There is sooooo much you could do. I don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait to try retirement. Enjoy Green!!!!!

Happy retirement Green!!!! Oh what to do? I would travel, sleep in and exercises more. Exercises more means I would exercises. I've been a bad Wheezy haven't done it in a while. I would make more home cooked meals, maybe try some cooking classes. I would certainly spend more time on the computer, learning about it that is. Maybe I would work at Tim Horton's or whatever else I would fancy that day. I would try different hobbies that I never had the patience to do when I was younger, maybe take painting classes. I'm developing an interest in photography, maybe I would spend more time exploring this........Or maybe I would just sleep all day. Green you live in Toronto everything is at your fingertips. There is sooooo much you could do. I don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait to try retirement. Enjoy Green!!!!!

Thanx for the good wishes and yep, Wheezy, you are right! I actually have been thinking about most of those very things that you listed.;) I have already been painting for some years now and I used to be serious about photography even longer ago. I even had a darkroom when I was in my 20s! I am dying to get back to the all grrls' gym that I belong to but I am still having physio for the F...ed Up shoulder. :cry

Today I went to the movies with a couple of older retired friends. Afterwards we ended up in an Indigo book store. I bought 5 books for less than 17 bucks. The kid at cash said that he gets even better deals as an employee.:D Then I thought that I could get a part-time job in a book store.

Yep, I figure that once my mother's estate - I am the executrix - is finally cleaned up and my shoulder is good then I can start taking care of Green biz.:)

A little late, but congrats also, greeny! I wonder if I'll ever retire... hmmm...

Ya know, green, you've got other body parts than your shoulder, couldn't you buff up the rest of ya, and leave a skinny little arm for later?

Matinee's and book stores? When do the 4pm dinner buffets start?!!?! :)

just kiddin' :hug:

Matinee's and book stores? When do the 4pm dinner buffets start?!!?! :D

just kiddin' :hug:

LOL! Good thing that I still have excellent bladder control, grrl. That last crack would have had me peeing my ginchies otherwise.:);)

Did anyone go to the open house? I wished i didn't live so far from T.O. Fill us in please .Curious minds want to know.

It was nice. I would say there was about 50 people there at any given time, including all the TLBC employees.

They set up a wine station in the reception area and there was a punch table outside of the conference room. All of the appetizers were set up in the conference room. They had a really good selection of appis: cheese & crackers, veggie tray, sushi, meat skewers, chocolate & nuts and wrapped sandwiches.

Most people sat in small groups in the conference room and talked. There were also some people sitiing in the reception area and standing in the hall.

The best part of the whole night was being able to meet and talk to other bandsters at every stage of banding. The wine and food was just icing on the cake.

There was a professional photographer taking pictures of everyone, (he seemed professional because of his big camera), so maybe TLBC will post the pics on their website.

BrightFuture

Thanks for sharing BrightFuture. It sounds like fun. Dh and I are going to the Canadian Bandster Bash in May and we can meet other bandsters.It will be very exciting.