Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded, finally! Yahoooooo! But ouch!

Originally posted by decobooth

ive lost 15 pounds since a week and 3 days ago, my op just at a week ago! skinniest ive ever seen my ankles! hahaha, HEY! its a start! hahaha

way to go deco!! i noticed the exact same thing. Seemed like my first 12lb loss was ALL from my poor ankles. amazing how swollen feet and ankles can make you feel all over. i've had severe problems with swelling since i had a deep vein thrombosis in 2000. it was a nightmare and has since become nearly non-existent with the weight-loss!

it sounds like you're doing better and i'm real glad to hear it. soon you'll be able to do some puddings, yogurt, etc with the full liquids or mushy stage! let us know how it's going!

congrats on such a good loss already!

Leatha

I cheated this morning a little too I had a poached egg all mashed up and that made me feel a lot better. everything seems to be working again. Janis:)

Today is a wonderful day, I feel great! I didnt really expect to, as I was out ALL day yesterday, and feeling kinda bad last night, like the port was going to poke right through my skin! Dont know what that was all about, but it's gone now, so all's well! I saw my 17 year old in her debut performance with the local thater group as Sally in Youre a Good Man Charlie Brown last night and was just amazed at her talent, trying to be as objective as a doting mom can be, she was awesome! her lines were clear and well acted, her singing was top notch and loud, shes a tiny thing and can really boom that voice! So this is a good day, just swelled with pride now, no belly swelling from the op anymore!

Leatha, I can hardly wait for the mushy stage now, really, my appetite is beginning to return, but not in the gorging way as before, I just want to crunch something, really! Ice is helping I guess, but Id prefer carrots actually! Janis, Ive cheated a couple of times with my Soups, yesterday I had a wonderful (if not tiny) bowl of Zesty Zucchini and it had the veggies in it, but they were mushy and super soft, still, cheating! And right now, im having Tomato Soup again, its just more filling than broth and im already tired of broth only! My bad, I know!

That's very cool about your daughter. My daughter was in drama in high school and really surprised me too. Normally, she is pretty shy and quiet, but up on stage, she was another person. It really helped her self-confidence. I understand the pride. :D

I also understand about this food situation. It's gonna be a long few weeks until real food again and another fill. I'm excited to see if I'll even need it. Right now I can't tell by the liquids, everything seems to slide down fine. But he said he put my band up higher and really stitched the stomach around it, in addition to fixing a hiatal hernia which had allowed food to sort of bulge over the top of the band and stay there. This is itself should be different.

Today, I FINALLY broke the 190 barrier too. I'm very excited by that, for some reason. I think the last time I weighed under 190 was hmm. .. 1997 maybe, and only for a few minutes then. lol.

Leatha

Leatha! Thats awesome about the 190!!!!! Good for you!!! I can hardly wait to get to that point! It will seem so all downhill from there, tho I know its still a one step at a time thing, for each and every pound! What are your stats, if you dont mind me asking? (before weight, date of op, and that)

What are your stats, if you dont mind me asking? (before weight, date of op, and that)

250/189/140?? - 5 ft tall/44yrs tomorrow.

banded 5/29/03 - San Francisco/Dr Wetter

Slippage/hiatal hernia repair 07/16/04 - Texas/Dr Veninga

I was so bloated and gassy that I ran to my primary care doctor because I thought something was really wrong - "paranoia" in medical terms. I started feeling better after 2 weeks and 2 days, but my heating pad really helped the gas pains. And I put Cream of Asparagas/Chicken Soups in the blender and Water them down. The warm, nearly clear soups were really satisfying.

Happy Birthday to you Leatha!!! And really! Congrats to the weight loss youve had to date!!! Great job! Gives me hope! Any plans to Celebrate? Im 44 and hoping my 45 in October will give me cause to celebrate! Id like to think I've lost a ton by then, even tho it's only 3 months away.

Hi DeLarla, thanks for the reply, but not really having the gassy feeling anymore, and now, since so many have replied to this with a two week scenario, I'm kind of wondering if NOT having the gassy feeling is normal now! Sheesh! Good idea about the Soups too! Thanks! I'll try that! Love BOTH those kinds!

Guest sinead

Hello to everyone.......

I just came across this web page by accident. It's great to know there are other people out there going through or have been through the same as me. My name is Sinead (Irish CO.Derry) I live in Queens New York. I got banded on Tuesday 20th July. I'm doing really well, I made myself get up and move cos I have a small puppy basset hound 6mths, who counldn't understand that I wasn't paying her the usual attention. I took her out today to the park, it felt good to get out. I know about the bloating, the gas and pain. I hate the injections, thankgod my husband gives them to me.

I love to log on and read other peoples experiences, It's a long road, but I know it's going to be worth it.....

All of you guys need to give yourself a pat on the back, I love the way you all help and support each other...keep up the good work....

Sinead

Welcome aboard Sinead and congrats to you on your banding! Im really recent too! What injections are you referring to?

Welcome aboard Sinead and congrats to you on your banding! Im really recent too! What injections are you referring to?

Some docs have their patients take Lovenox shots to prevent blood clots. I don't think this is a real common practice, but I've heard of it.

I have to take Lovenox everytime I do any sort of procedure due to having had clots in my legs and lungs in the past. I take coumadin up until 5 days before the procedure then I have to get off it and take Lovenox which is a shorter acting anti-coagulant. Once the procedure is over, I take the Lovenox for a couple of extra days, while I try to bring my Coumadin back up to a therapeutic level.

Hope that helps to answer your question. - unless I'm totally wrong about the injections.

Leatha

Guest sinead

The injections are LOVENOX to prevent clots only for a week, I just hate needles.....

good luck