Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded, finally! Yahoooooo! But ouch!

I was just banded Friday the 16th, and sore as I can be, feeling quite bloated, but happy it's done and hoping all I'm experiencing is normal. Anyone out there care to share your thoughts as to whether it is normal or not? I haven't had solid food since Tues, the 13th, liquids only, but I really am feeling bloated in my tum region, feeling like I need to burp but cant. Im drinking alot of Water and juices, and ok, I had coffee this morning, but besides the soreness and bloating, I feel pretty good, no nausea, thank God! Im a happy camper!:)

Hi Deco!

I have no advise to give you, as I'm being banded tomorrow, but I just wanted to say Welcome Back!

I'm glad everything went well for you! Maybe next week you can answer all my questions!

I proclaim you normal!! :)

Congrats on your banding - you may feel bloated for two weeks, even - that's how long it lasted for me.

Please be conscientious about sticking to your doc's food plan while you're in the healing phase - this is no time to be non-compliant. Your number one focus is HEALING, and letting the band seat itself firmly and completely before making your stomach work with real food.< /p>

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Originally posted by Debra

Hi Deco!

I have no advise to give you, as I'm being banded tomorrow,

Good luck tomorrow, Debra!! You'll do great! Be sure to update us when you're feeling up to it!!

Leatha

Congrats Debra! Hope all goes well for you! And I'll do my best to answer any and all q's you have as best I can!

Donali, thank you for the heads up on the normality proclamation! I needed to hear that (ok, READ it)! Ive had a C section and dont remember it taking such a toll, but Im sure it did, as my twins are now nearly 15! Maybe Im just more a wuss in my older age! lol I think it mightve been more pain, but this proves equally as hard to get "up" from! And from reading yours and several other posters, I see I need to add info to the bottom of my posts! Thanks! Till I figure out how to make it permanent, heres the info:

Leslie

260-ish?

July 16, 2004

Dr. Curtis L. Mosier

GOOD LUCK tomorrow Debra. You are in my prayers.

Leslie: YOU are NORMAL. I had that bloated feeling for at least a week to two weeks after. I was burping and farting lots in those weeks. IT will pass.

Take this time to heal and get better.

Leslie you are normal. I experienced the feeling of having to burp but could'nt...it went away at about 2.5 weeks post op

Debra - Good Luck tomorrow, I will say a prayer for you

Thanks Penni and La_madam for the heads up on the fullness, I dont feel quite so bad about feeling so bad! lol Leslie

My Doc said soemthing that really worked for me!

WALK!!! WALK,WALK, WALK

I did that just about everytime I got up and I had no air pain what's so ever...

Debra,

I am not sure if I mentioned to you how much I walked. I had my helpers (mom, friends, daughter) walk with me. They were shocked on how much I walked, but I healed so much faster then I thought I would!

Hope this helps!

Baileym

Thanks Bailey for that advice, and I will try to, really! But one of the reasons for this measure was that I fractured three bones in my feet trying to walk to lose weight! It's like a "catch 22" in a way! But i can walk enough to get better, anyway! Thanks!

Hello Deco, as the girls have, said walking is so good after the surgery, it helps to dispurse the gas that they use to blow up your stomach with. You don't have to do a marathone just a gentel stroll don't forget you are recovering from surgery so take it easy !!! slow but sure. Hope your feeling well soon.

Thanks Tina! I'm taking it nice and easy, but I am walking more than I was, and I really do feel better just three days later! Actually, I feel great! Very weak, but I figure that's from not having eaten anything since last Tuesday, and I haven't had anything but juice, broth, and Water, and a little coffee this morning. The Dr.'s office called me this morning to check up on me though, and the nurse said to buy some Protein Powder, and mix with 2% milk, and that will help that. So the Ensure is just a waste of money I guess! O well, I didnt really care for it that much anyway, though Im too cheap to let it go to waste completely! lol Maybe I can mix the Protein powder with it! EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!! Doesn't that sound tempting? NOT! lol Leslie

Hi Deco, I was banded on the 19th of July and I am having all of the same problems. Bloated - constipated - burping and everything is sore. I've been walking around the house like a madwoman - last nite I even went on the elliptical trainer. I think I feel a little better today. Janis

Originally posted by decobooth

The Dr.'s office called me this morning to check up on me though, and the nurse said to buy some Protein powder, and mix with 2% milk, and that will help that.

Deco, you definitely do need some Protein heavy liquids. For ease, I just bought mysel self packs of Atkins shakes. I don't find them unbearable, but with th protein powder you have, you make up some shakes with fruits and ice. The protein helps you to heal faster, so it is very important. It also helps you to feel more satisfied and not so shaky.

I had surgery on the 16th and I'm trying to get in at least 2 higher Protein drinks in during the day, then I fill in with Crystal Light (the pre-filled bottles have Splenda instead of aspartame.) sugar free Popsicles, pudding, broth and Soups. I like the Soup-at-hand from Campbells. It's a bit more expensive, but it's less lumpy and you can just heat it up and drink it.

Good luck to you! You'll feel brand new in no time.

Leatha

Congrats Janis! Im really feeling a bit better now, one week later! The soreness now is isolated to mainly where the port is stitched under my skin, thats very sore, but the bloating and gas and Constipation is really not bothering me too much anymore! Leatha, thank you for the heads up on the things youre drinking, i needed a little help in what to add to my diet, this ensure is NASTY! Im taking 2 flinstone Vitamins a day, drinking Water, juices, and broths, and i admit to drinking a bit of Tomato Soup last night, not on my diet plan, but it was so good, and i felt no side effects from it, but i didnt drink very much, just in case! Ive also been getting take out from the local chinese food place, egg drop soup! its a clear broth with a bit of egg in it, and i figured the Protein would be good for me! Id like to find that "soup at hand", i will look tomorrow for it, and as for the pudding, i didnt know that was allowable! im not sure hed let me, actually, as he said Clear Liquids for two weeks! but milk is allowable, so go figure!? id love some pudding, and to be honest, id love some babyfood at this point! i have tasted some of the meat and veggie flavors, and with a tiny bit of salt, they are better than no food at all, which is my plight here for a few more days! ive lost 15 pounds since a week and 3 days ago, my op just at a week ago! skinniest ive ever seen my ankles! hahaha, HEY! its a start! hahaha