Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is your name Dema? I'd like to know more about you, if you feel like sharing. My real name is Kate, but Cheryl on this site convinced me to use Sassy. Now I'm all over it. I'm a little over 3 weeks now. Doing pureed foods, trying to add something a little more interesting. That's actually not too difficult because pureed anything is pretty boring. Just to show you what a rebel I am ... and how adventurous ... I had a couple of salt free crackers with butter today! How 'bout that? Ok ... nothing to brag about, but it was a nice change of pace to eat with my 3 oz. of pureed Soup (50 cal.).

Hi, yes. My name is Dema...it is a Greek name, but I'm not Greek....named after my grandmother who was named after her mother's best friend. I am 66, still working. I'm self employed as a Consultant. I am a Professional Certified Coach, and coach parents who have intense kids, and also high school/college students with ADD and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder. (Www.greatnesscoach.org). In retrospect, I was an average weight teen who thought I should be thinner. I remember weighing 136 when I got pregnant at 23. I went up to 180, and it has been like a bull stock market ever since...up, down, up more, down, up more. My husband struggles with food issues a bit, too...but he is so active that he burns it off. That is,until a back injury a few months ago...and he has gained 15 pounds. My diet will be good for him, too, I'm guessing. We live in San Antonio. Thanks for asking!

Hi Boomers, everyone is quiet. I tasted my first bite of refried Beans and looking forward to having that with cottage cheese tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I still have not seen the scale move but I know it will since there is not much food going on here! Hugs all, Linda

For Protein Shakes, I like the vanilla mixed with Starbucks instant Decaf.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Lynda

I hope you all enjoyed that long, colorful post I just wrote, replete with a creative description of all the foods I ate on Thanksgiving, and everything Shiki and I did. You know, the kind of post that you're especially proud of so you do a spellcheck to make sure it turns out just perfect.

Yeah ... that one ... the one cyberspace ate for supper. YIKES. I swear when this happens to me, it'll never happen again. How I'll be sure to copy it and never, never forget again.

Sound familiar? The irony is you know how your computer seems to save every tidbit of information you have no interest in .... like a gazillion copies of files with weird extensions like .zbx, .qrf, and .xl$. But can it take a millisecond to save your valuable manuscript you just sweated over? No way ... that is not how the 'puter works.

Yech. Remind me to throw up.

Maybe you'll see my post in your dreams! Or would that be nightmares? Hope your turkey day was fun. We ate, in this order, one over-medium egg, 3/4 piece of super crisp bacon (chewed into baby food) 1/4 piece of bacon off the floor (Shiki did this), dog food, 16 oz. of cherry flavored water, 1 Greek yogurt and looking forward to 1/2 cup of pureed Soup and 11 oz. chocolate Protein Drink. And, of course .... Water and more Water.< /p>

Linda,

Re: a post you made a couple of days ago about crockpot cooking, I just love people who love to cook, especially because I don't. Lucky for me, my BFF likes to cook and even better, likes to cook for me. So I'm compiling a bunch of recipes and ferrying them over to her so she can cook the various recipes for supper and then save the rest for me.

I am going to pass your post on to her so she can think about making your concoction. It does sound good. We'll use cracker crumbs because I'm allergic to bread and crackers don't have many calories. And don't worry about sodium because these are salt free.

So let's fire up that slow cooker and get some yummy sleeve recipes. After all, it's just another 3 weeks till I move to the next step.

Sounds really good, Lynda, and I have a Starbucks practically across the street from me. How much powder do you use? And where do you buy the instant?

Sounds really good, Lynda, and I have a Starbucks practically across the street from me. How much powder do you use? And where do you buy the instant?

I buy the instant at Walmart or at the Starbucks. It's pricey, but I buy it in the pack with seven or twelve packets. Each packet makes one drink. It mixes well, even with child fluids. It's called Starbucks Via. I use the Italian Roast Decaf.

Lynda

Hello everyone! Sassy, sounds like you had a good day and thankful you have a doggie for comfort. I am not doing much cooking right now because Monty is having his sleeve Monday and informed me today he is on shakes til Monday, with Jello and broth. Doctor is allowing him fruit because of the diabetes. But yesterday was awesome, Thanksgiving. I browned ground turkey with onion, bell pepper and celery, added chili spices, along with low sodium canned diced tomatoes, and cooked at least an hour. It was awesome! I love spicy food so I was testing to see if I could eat this. I took about 1/4 cup refried fat free beens and put a couple spoons of chili on the Beans and omgosh it was my first "meal" since I don't know when. Monty and I both loved it but he left off the Beans. It really was filling and I barely had eaten a few small bites when I started the little burps. Until eating yesterday I had not experienced the burps so that told me it was time to stop eating,

The best news is I can still eat a little spicy! I tried a teaspoon of fresh salsa and ok with that. I plan to use the fresh salsa in small meatloaves cooked in muffin tins (learned this at weight watchers, the only way I like meatloaf.). I use as much salsa as possible added to lean meat to make the meatloaf. Also, when making Soups, I can add the low calorie salsa to the Soups which saves on chopping onions, bell pepper, etc.

My next project is to make a quiche. I learned when on Atkins diet I could make the quiche without a crust in a glass pieplate, and it is just as awesome. I use skim milk, egg, dry mustard (recipe somewhere) and will add as little as possible lowfat shredded swiss cheese, I will leave out the bacon. I have used crabmeat in the quiche also.

Will focus on just getting in my Protein til we get through this weekend, and will start getting adventurous.

Sorry about your post going into cyberspace Sassy, not much fun! Thanks for reposting though. Hugs everyone. Linda

Lynda,

I mean how much Protein Powder do I use. I love the idea of finding creative ways like this to up the Protein I'm taking every day. Right now I'm only getting in about 40 grams. Haven't moved up to 2 shakes a day but that will hopefully happen when I get my delivery of Syntrax Nectar. I've been drinking Premier chocolate exclusively for over a month, and I'm getting sick of it to say the least.

So how was your turkey day? What did you eat and do?

THE SHIKI FACTOR

Linda,

You're only 10 days out and already eating real food? That, my dear, is shocking. The majority of doctors say the tummy is still in an early healing stage and it's too swollen and delicate to put anything substantial in it. Just be careful. My doctor warned me about doing something that might upset my staple line. I was on fluids for 2 weeks. Now I'm on mushies for 1 month. That may sound a little strict, but that is his protocol. I've heard of ones even more strict than that.

For me personally, while I am the adventurous type, I really don't want to get sick and am sticking pretty close to the diet. As you might have guessed, I'm not perfect ... yet ... (LOL) so I have departed from the diet slightly. For example, my adventurous Thanksgiving Day was to have an egg over-medium and 3/4 strip of crispy bacon, chewed into nothingness. Shiki was so kind as to help me me from overeating by snatching up the 1/4 strip of bacon that fell the floor. He said, with the kindest eyes, "just trying to help, Mom."

My surgeon is awesome. He is a little bit more relaxed than some I can tell. The dietician says he wants his patients to eat healthy so we are to follow the guidelines he sets and make wise choices. We can have anything pureed/minced day 10. Yesterday was day 10. I thinned the chili and refried Beans, and am supposed to judge if it looks like baby food I can have it. So I adjusted the recipe. Plus I ate about 1/4 cup, maybe a little less. I can have pureed bean Soups (homemade) so that is my next project. At 11 days post op I had a shake this morning, yogurt for lunch, and 1/3 cup chili puree tonight and very satisfied. I am being very careful and following the the doctor's plan to a T. BTW Sassy, I am talking about plans and projects but meatloaf is not on my radar for awhile, if ever? LOL. When my husband comes home after surgery next week we will be minimizing everything until he is able to start catching up to where I am. I am going back to creamed strained Soup this weekend. Doing good, but thanks for the concern!

Lynda, I mean how much Protein powder do I use. I love the idea of finding creative ways like this to up the Protein I'm taking every day. Right now I'm only getting in about 40 grams. Haven't moved up to 2 shakes a day but that will hopefully happen when I get my delivery of Syntrax Nectar. I've been drinking Premier chocolate exclusively for over a month, and I'm getting sick of it to say the least. So how was your turkey day? What did you eat and do?

I used 1 scoop of the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey in French vanilla with 1 cup soy milk. It's 31 grams of protein.

We had a great thanksgiving. I'm more than two years out, so I had some of everything. Yum! I went overboard and woke up with a stomach ache last night. Still learning after all this time.

Lynda

Linda,

I didn't realize you pureed the food. I thought you were eating it as is. Of course, pureeing anything pretty much is ok.

Thanks for clarifying.

Lynda,

I'm a little confused. You use 8 oz. of soy milk in your coffee, along with the vanilla Protein Powder? It sounds more like a milk shake than coffee.

Kate