Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Louisiana Sleevers?

I'm so glad you asked this! I'm up in Shreveport and scheduled to have surgery next Monday. I've almost been mourning not being able to eat crawfish again this season and now I see that I may get to eat them again this year after all!! I'll take only eating a few just as long as I get to eat them again :) Good luck in your recovery! I can't wait to be there with you!

I'm in the S'port area too...Who is your dr?

Anyone else see a Dr. in Shreveport? I'm narrowing them down now and wondering your recommendation.

I'm using Merriman. Who are the two you are considering?

Msbee - totally normal I'm a about 7 weeks out and still feel the need to gulp! It takes practice! You'll be fine! Good to hear you're feeling so well I felt like crap after surgery! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

leigh1111' date=' do you go to the support group ? I try to attend them on a regular basis at Cabrini[/quote']

I was sleeved in New Iberia, but I live in New Orleans. Are there open support groups anywhere?

June 18 will be my date for surgery in Lafayette...

Baton Rouge with Dr.Bellanger in August.

I'm in the S'port area too...Who is your dr?

I used Dr. Merriman. He's good at what he does and he knows it. My husband doesn't care for him too much but I like him. I think it is just a personality issue, I haven't had any complications at all. I went for my 8 week follow up this past Thursday and I've lost 50 pounds since I saw them before starting my preop diet and I think 30 since surgery. His NUT Lisa is good too, I didn't like her as much at first but I really do like her now. As long as you follow their plan you will do great. His plan is a little more difficult and slow going than most people have. Most people are released to eat a "normal" diet at 6 weeks out. I still have instructions for up to 12 weeks and when to add things. I have followed his plan really closely and that may be why I haven't had any trouble. I am so happy with my decision and my progress! I hope y'all also have as good of luck as I have!

I used Dr. Merriman. He's good at what he does and he knows it. My husband doesn't care for him too much but I like him. I think it is just a personality issue, I haven't had any complications at all. I went for my 8 week follow up this past Thursday and I've lost 50 pounds since I saw them before starting my preop diet and I think 30 since surgery. His NUT Lisa is good too, I didn't like her as much at first but I really do like her now. As long as you follow their plan you will do great. His plan is a little more difficult and slow going than most people have. Most people are released to eat a "normal" diet at 6 weeks out. I still have instructions for up to 12 weeks and when to add things. I have followed his plan really closely and that may be why I haven't had any trouble. I am so happy with my decision and my progress! I hope y'all also have as good of luck as I have!

I can see where some wouldn't like him because he is a little "know it all" but I personally find that reassuring and he makes me laugh...so whatever. It also is reassuring to me that he takes after care so seriously. I'm glad to hear you are doing well with no trouble :)

Talk about misery... We own a crawfish boil n go in Sulphur, LA. I was sleeved Tuesday and I'm trying real hard to resist, but its getting real hard lol

Talk about misery... We own a crawfish boil n go in Sulphur' date=' LA. I was sleeved Tuesday and I'm trying real hard to resist, but its getting real hard lol[/quote']

Hey..I live in lake Charles...I was sleeved almost 4 months ago...I have a huge craving for crawfish , I can only eat about 20 till I get full but my stomach growls and grumbles for a long time afterwards as if its upset...lol...good luck on ur journey!!

Hammond Louisiana sleeved 1/21/13 6 months Down 95 pounds

Baton Rouge with Dr.Bellanger in August.

I used Dr. Bellanger and had surgery on June 11th. He's awesome.

I used Dr. Bellanger and had surgery on June 11th. He's awesome.

I went to Dr Hargroder...he is a sweetie ....and. cute...lol

I was sleeved June 17th in Slidell by Dr. James Redmann. So glad I switched WL surgeons! Couldn't have asked for a better one!

Sent from my iPhone using VST