Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will be banded on tuesday

I have been reading the thread and just joined. I am going to be banded tuesday 11/28. Is there any pre-sugery advice anyone can give? What would you have wished you did prior to sugery?

wish me luck!

Bandina

Im not banded yet but have been surfing the posts for the same info and came across a couple things i found helpful, one woman used the plastic containers they give patients there meds in while in the hospital to measure her food and make sure she was cosuming SMALL amounts after sx (according to her post she still uses them often) she would use 3 containers every 2 hrs and that was what she was allowed. i think she said one for broth one for Jello and one for applesauce or something. and the other one was stool softner, this sounds paramount to me, sounds like dehydration can be a problem with the small amounts we are able to tolerate. anyway good luck to you!:peace:

Just giving some advice...I was banded last monday 11/20 and I got mostly everything on the post op checklist that you can find on here and that really helped....I shopped and made sure I had everything I needed...Be prepared, stay relaxed (as much as possible), and follow all pre op diet guidelines...good luck to you

Good Luck! Make sure you have some liquids ready along with some popcicles, and Jello. Start walking as soon as you can, it helps more than anything else. Don't forget to post and let us know how you did!:biggrin1:

Take a pillow with you for the ride home and wear something loose and comfortable.:biggrin1:

MPJ

How did it go in TJ? How are you feeling? I feel horrible :phanvan ! I don't think I was expecting this much pain. I know everyone is different, but I guess I thought that I would tolerate the pain. All I can think about is that I will have to go through this again when they take it out, replace it, or if something goes wrong. I hope you had a pleasant experience and can send some good news regarding your surgery.

Bandina

Hi Bandina

I will be banded in TJ on Tuesday. Good Luck

Michael

Hi Bandina

I too was banded on Tuesday 28th November.

The pain was horrendous but Im feeling so much better today and Having lost 6 lbs since tuesday I feel it was worth the pain. Hope things have turned around for you

Lorraine

Good luck to you!

Take as mony of those little cups you can from the hospital. I'm 14 months out and I wish I had taken more of those little cups.

Be sure you have liquid tylenol at home it isn't easy to find I think I got mine at Walmart.< /p>

Walk, rest, sleep, watch movies..

The most important thing is to take a picture the night before! the picture above is taken the night before my surgery and the one next to it is 1 yr later. Take a picture of your self every month so you can see what others see.

Welcome bandina

Hope the surgery went well! Look forward to seeing your progress!

:D