Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone using NWWS Everett?

That's awesome!! congrats!! I've seen here and a few other sites that people say they are getting hernia surgery if they don't want to tell folks -- recovery, i guess, is very similar.

Ok' date=' Trish got back to me about a week ago and said she had sent everything to insurance. I let it rest last week, called this morning and I am approved! I'm a little in shock since I didn't really have a lot to give insurance. I'm not exactly a doctor person, so the only doctor notes I had we're chart notes from foot surgery 6 years ago and the notes from my babies births, all showing my weight. I was sure they'd ask me to get a PCP referral but nope! Now I will be devising a plan on what to tell my boss so I can take a week off and use sick time to cover it.[/quote']

Excellent news! I hope my approval will be as quick and uneventful when it's time for it to be submitted!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

Ok' date=' Trish got back to me about a week ago and said she had sent everything to insurance. I let it rest last week, called this morning and I am approved! I'm a little in shock since I didn't really have a lot to give insurance. I'm not exactly a doctor person, so the only doctor notes I had we're chart notes from foot surgery 6 years ago and the notes from my babies births, all showing my weight. I was sure they'd ask me to get a PCP referral but nope! Now I will be devising a plan on what to tell my boss so I can take a week off and use sick time to cover it.[/quote']

Woo-Hoo!! Congrats!! Did you get a date yet?

anyone has Emblem Health? and was approved ?

No date yet. I have to talk to my boss tomorrow. Question is do I tell her and let her freak and worry (she will!) or do I tell her not quite the truth, like in having a hernia surgery or something?? Hmm. I'm thinking I will ask for 7 days off - have surgery on a Thursday (hopefully April or early May). Throw in two weekends off and I should be up and running. This is getting real now.

Oh, and the funny thing is I got a request from insurance today for more info - not a denial, just more info. Like proof of seeing a nutritionist, a supervised diet and everything else I had already done. Trish called me to warn me I'd see this. I'm guessing the first time my whole file wasn't sent. That was weird.

I know this is the pre-op section, so I am kind of crashing the party... but I used NWWLS and was very happy. I had Dr. Michaelson who is very kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. I met with Dr. Chock once and didn't enjoy her style quite as much - but I have a friend who has enjoyed working with her and he has been extremely successful in his results.

I wish you all the best!!

You're welcome to crash the party ;-p!! It's interesting, I have Dr. Chock and I keep going back and forth whether I like her or not, but her style definitely matches my own. I like how straight she is. I'll see about her 'bed side' manner on Thursday. I have my endoscopy!

There are no party-crashers here - it's open house for NWWLS folks, new and old, I think!

Itsme!: Based on what I'm seeing from most people, unless you have a pretty physical job, you'll probably be able to work after 10 days, but you'll be tired. I know I'm only planning for a week to 10 days for me - I know how I typically recover from surgery by this point, and I think I should be reasonably functional by then, barring complications.

As far as what to tell your boss, you really aren't required to tell her anything more than it's a medical procedure, and she's not really supposed to ask. However, if you have a typically more personal relationship with her, I'd probably tell her the truth.

anyone has Emblem Health? and was approved ?

Hi, pattylo - looks like this was your first post! I just wanted to welcome you, and tell you that you're not being ignored, it's probably just the case that no one has had Emblem Health. I know in my case, I have Premera.

Good luck!

According to Dr. Chock, most abdominal surgeries result in fatigue for 2 weeks or so, but I'd be able to go back to work (office job) after a week. I've actually broken it up, my surgery is on Tuesday, i'm planning on going back to work the following Tuesday, but have my week post-op appointment on Thursday, so i'm taking that day off. Basically that means I am only working 3 days my first week back. I can't believe it's only a week away!!!

What questions did everyone ask in their consult?

Curious what I may have over looked?

Here's a high level list of what I talked about with Dr. Michaelson:

1. How long have you been doing the procedure?
  2. How many have you done?
  3. What is your success rate? Rate of complications, and what sorts of complications?
  4. What can I expect from you throughout this process (availability to answer questions, meetings, etc)?
  5. What will be expected from me?
  6. Are there current or former patients I can speak with?
  7. What can I expect it to be like post surgery (time in facility, recovery time at home, diet, etc) assuming nothing unusual about my surgery?

He told me to not hesitate to call if more questions came to me, and either he or his staff would do their best to address my concerns.

I got my date - May 1st!! Endoscopy will be 4/24. Yay!!

Now to find out how much I'll owe and which bank to rob before then.

Just kidding about the bank :) But I will need to find financing since my insurance only covers 50%.

Outstanding! I should be starting the final push to get my date in late May/early June.

Good luck getting your financing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using VST

So my endoscopy was yesterday. Because my surgery is Tuesday, everyone working my endoscopy will be at my surgery so that was good. The Anesthesiologist was Dr. Addox (sp). He's kind quirky but nice. My I.V. was basically painless (yes, there was a needle prick), i am very bruised at the site, but it doesn't hurt. I have an extremely sore throat (i still have tonsils so any 'impact' irritates them). I was pretty wonky afterwards which gives me hope that after my surgery i won't notice any pain at first ;-p All the nurses are very nice. Heidi is/was my main nurse. I'm getting very nervous about the surgery and the aftermath, but i keep telling myself it's all only temporary....

So my endoscopy was yesterday. Because my surgery is Tuesday' date=' everyone working my endoscopy will be at my surgery so that was good. The Anesthesiologist was Dr. Addox (sp). He's kind quirky but nice. My I.V. was basically painless (yes, there was a needle prick), i am very bruised at the site, but it doesn't hurt. I have an extremely sore throat (i still have tonsils so any 'impact' irritates them). I was pretty wonky afterwards which gives me hope that after my surgery i won't notice any pain at first ;-p All the nurses are very nice. Heidi is/was my main nurse. I'm getting very nervous about the surgery and the aftermath, but i keep telling myself it's all only temporary....[/quote']

thank you for the scoop, mines is on 4/25/2013