Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had problrms with being sad since wls? If so why is this? What would help eaze this? Will it go away?

GRATEFUL N THANKFUL

I did the first two weeks so many emotions going through your minds.first you realize that food willl no longer be your friend,and you question that you made the right decision,and being on clear liqiud is hard,but after you get through the first two weeks it get's easy and time go by,i'm now on soft foods,so i can eat foods that i like but just not much of it only a few spoons and i'm full,i find the chat line on here was such a big help click in to the chat room daily,it will help you to get through,it's hard to talk to family,unless they went through it so be encourage it will get better :)

i was the same is as dianne....doing well now

I went through a series of emotions after surgery. There was so much to absorb and understand. I had to wrap my brain around the fact I just had major surgery. My entire life was going to be different.... For the rest of my life! I was over whelmed with just trying to get in all the daily liquids at first. Then I found this web site and got so many of my questions answered. I took a deep breath and relaxed! Once I went back to work and had a daily routine.... Life started to settle. Even now at just past 4 months I still have to make mental adjustments.... So for me I just take one day at a time. I try to continue to seek support on this web site and the people that love me. Best Wishes!

The first few weeks were hard, but you're at that six month point. For me, it took a year and I got pretty depressed with severe apathy. It was pretty weird. Luckily, I was in therapy so we've worked on it. Just in the past few months (after getting on Zoloft too) I'm starting to feel normal. Whatever normal is. LOL

HUGS... seek out help if you think you need it. No shame in that game.

Yeah, I go through slumps. I am 53 days out and about 41 pounds down and I get depressed because I can't see the changes all the time. I can really tell it in my face and my tummy but then sometimes I feel just as dumpy and big as I ever did. I am taking pictures every 60 days, I can't want to compare day 60 to the before picture I currently have posted on my profile.

Yup, I think it's natural. I think I read somewhere that it has to do with hormones that are stored in our fat cells. I experienced a roller coaster of emotions. Now, I have to work on body image issues and adjusting to extra skin and a new reflection. This whole experience is a major adjustment. I found that exercise, good friends/family, and this site was useful for me. It's nice to know that I'm normal and that others experience the same feelings.