Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

loosing fat -confused

Dr said i lost 11pounds of fat.. yay for me. My scale is not movibg.. i gained muscle.

But im confused... if i gain muscle n still loose fat will i loose inches?

Only eating 800-1000 calories

Yes because muscle is more compact or dense. It weighs more per square inch or whatever unit of measurement used.

Yes if you lose fat and gain muscle you will still lose inches don't worry :)

The muscle is not what is unhealthy and contributes to problems, or is stored in big deposits. A gain of muscle is distributed evenly, or a bit more specific if you are, say, working out specific groups as opposed to general activity.

Go get a tshirt that fits too tight, try it on abotu once a week or so. The tshirt does not lie!

Don't be too concerned with weight. You got this now! Give it time, learn your habits, find something active you enjoy. Good luck.

Thank u everyone.... i think i get discouraged bc i dnt c it... n when i read that people hv lost 18 pounds in 1 months it bumms me out..

But knowing im doing sumething roght helps me....

Start taking measurements! Just standard spots- chest, waist, upper arm, hip, butt, thigh and calf and making a weekly log. Even if you aren't seeing big numbers on the scale, you will in your measurements if you're swapping muscle and fat.

Dr said i lost 11pounds of fat.. yay for me. My scale is not movibg.. i gained muscle.

But im confused... if i gain muscle n still loose fat will i loose inches?

Only eating 800-1000 calories

Usually, yes. I guess unless you've gained all of the muscle in your abs and obliques of course. Otherwise, yes, you should lose inches as far as your belt size goes.

Ok, I have to say it. What weighs more, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers? Neither, they are both a "ton." Same with fat and muscle. They are just distributed differently in the body. They weigh the same though. If you're losing inches then use that as a terrific marker. Lost inches equals muscle built. It's just plain logistics. How is your stamina endurance? Another great marker. How is the definition in your body?

You are doing great! Hang in there, and definitely take your measurements! Make sure you do it in multiple places, if you only focus on one or two areas a loss of half an inch might be discouraging, but if you are measuring your neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calf and ankle a half inch loss in all those areas will be so much more encouraging.