Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questionare

Lap Band Poll

1, Date of banding. 20th May 2005

2, Weight/BMI on date of banding. UK weight 17 stone 5lb BMI 47

3, What band do you have.

• Swedish 9cc :)
  • Midband 9cc
  • Vanguard Lap Band 4cc or 10cc
  • Heliogast 7cc or 9cc
  • A,M,I soft band 7cc or 9cc

4, What was you own person reason for WLS

• Cosmetic
  • Health :) Poor Mobility and suffering low self esteem social isolation and sever depression.

5, Why the band and not Bypass or DS. Choice was not mine surgeon said band or go home. (he only did bands and i could not get funding for any other surgeon at the time)

6, What were you’re expectations about the band. I only expected what my surgeon told me. That i would be able to eat as normal but only child size portions and i would get a full feeling that would make me stop eating. If i over ate i would vomit, I wasn't sure what over ate meant though my expectaions we small meals not small bites.

7, What were you’re expectations about the impact weight loss might have on you’re life. I guess i just wanted to have better mobility be able to walk pain free, And take advantage of age appropreate clothing. improvement in self esteem perhaps enough to take the edge off mu panic attacks and paranoia.

8, What is you own personal target weight/BMI. lol 9 stone or BMI 25

9, What is the realistic target/expected weight loss/BMI. perhap's BMI 28 or ten stone (the two may not be the same)

10, How much was you’re band and how did you fund it.

• Insurance
  • Re-Mortgage
  • Loan
  • NHS (uk patients) :girl_hug:
  • Savings

11, Do you consider the cost of your band justified or expensive. Here in the UK i think banding is extortunate compared to Europe some of the prices are equal to a bypass.

12, How many fill’s/unfill’s have you had. 4 fill's 2 unfill's

13, How did you have you’re fill’s

• Blind 3 fill's 2 unfill's
  • Under x-ray 1 fill (i found there not to be much difference to the quality of fill and restriction but had the benefit of seeing my band and pouch when x-rayed)

14, How much are you’re fill’s NHS After care so no cost to me so not sure

• Blind
  • Under x-ray.

15, Does your surgeon do your fill’s or a fill provider. Have a new consultant now but yes he does the fill's rather than a radeologist or secondry fill provider.

16, If you travelled for your band why did you travel.

• Wanted a specific surgeon After initial probs with first surgeon i now travel for one who has extencive experience and reputation.
  • Cost.

17, Did you experience any complications/Difficulties. Yea

18. When did the problems begin.

• 0 - 6 months Problems obtaining fill's build up of stress.
  • 6 - 12 months Asperational pnumonia so was unfilled
  • 12 - 18 months Began fill's again but still no weight loss but have restriction.
  • 18 - 2yrears + Reflux Vomiting costant heartburn another small unfill 2 1/2 mills left in band still no weight loss still vomiting and suffering reflux and now megga depressed.

19, what problems did you experience were they resolved and how was they resolved. Had unfill's to resolve relux and fills to obtain weight loss but still suffering heartburn but no weight loss.

20. Would you be banded again or chose another op. Honestly!!!! No i wouldn't be banded again knowing what i know now i could cope with the hassle but cant cope with the lack of weight loss. I know vomiting may be die to over eating but i can only take very small amounts of food at a time and then i hit restriction. If i didnt eat around my band i surly would be malnurished.

Please don’t answer if you feel the question is too personal. And feel free to add any additional questions you would like to ask as a comparison.

20. Would you be banded again or chose another op. Honestly YES, it’s been awesome…again it’s a tool, I do my research and work hard to do what’s right. Tool is only as good as you allow it to be.

Tool is only as good as you allow it to be!!!

How do ya mean? :phanvan

Lap Band Poll

1, Date of banding. October 26, 2006

2, Weight/BMI on date of banding. 260 pounds, 36 BMI

3, What band do you have. Inamed 9.75 cm

4, What was you own person reason for WLS.<O:p</O:p

• Cosmetic Partly cosmetic. I am tired of being "a big girl".
  • Health <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=""><v:imagedata src="file:///C:DOCUME~1MARGAR~2.MALLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml101 clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/smilies/happy.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>Partly health as well. I am relatively healthy now, but at the rate I was going, I wouldn't always be.

5, Why the band and not Bypass or DS. The Bypass or DS freak me out. I don't want my innerds rerouted or my stomach cut in half. The Band is soooo much safer. I have no problem having a foreign object inside my belly. I had rather have that than the foreign fat. lol

6, What were you’re expectations about the band.

7, What were you’re expectations about the impact weight loss might have on you’re life. To have more self confidence. A higher self esteem would be wonderful.

8, What is you own personal target weight/BMI. 165 pounds/ 23 BMI

9, What is the realistic target/expected weight loss/BMI. 95 pounds

10, How much was you’re band and how did you fund it. Self pay. $7300, plus flight to San Antonio for me and my sister. $242. Part of it was from a low interest credit card.

11, Do you consider the cost of your band justified or expensive. It was the best $7300 I have ever spent.

12, How many fill’s/unfill’s have you had. none so far

13, How did you have you’re fill’s <O:p</O:p

• Blind <O:p</O:p
  • Under x-ray I will use flouro only<O:p</O:p

14, How much are you’re fill’s co pay of $30.00 office visit if my insurance will cover it. Otherwise it will be $250. With flouro

15, Does your surgeon do your fill’s or a fill provider.I hope to go back to the doc a time or two, but otherwise it will be a fill provider.

16, If you traveled for your band why did you travel.

• Wanted a specific surgeon <O:p</O:p
  • Cost. I went to Mexico for cost, but chose the specific surgeon because of his experience. I also knew someone that went to him<O:p</O:p

17, Did you experience any complications/Difficulties. NO

18. When did the problems begin. None

• 0 - 6 months <O:p></O:p>
  • 6 - 12 months <O:p></O:p>
  • 12 - 18 months <O:p></O:p>
  • 18 - 2yrears + <O:p></O:p>

19, what problems did you experience were they resolved and how was they resolved. None<O:p</O:p

20. Would you be banded again or chose another op. I would do just what I did. I would not even consider another option. The Band ONLY.

1, Date of banding. May 9, 2006

2, Weight/BMI on date of banding. I think it was like 48.6, weight was 331 pounds

• Swedish 9cc Midband 9cc
  • Vanguard Lap Band 4cc or 10cc :biggrin1: 10cc
  • Heliogast 7cc or 9cc
  • A,M,I soft band 7cc or 9cc

• Cosmetic :biggrin1: To look better and not feel like everyone is staring at the fat guy
  • Health :) To lower my blood sugar and blood pressure. Both were high and doctor wanted to put me on meds for both

5, Why the band and not Bypass or DS. Safer, wife was not supportive of RNY

6, What were you’re expectations about the band. After much research and doctors advise, I knew I would have to work hard. This is a tool and not a magic potion to loose weight

7, What were you’re expectations about the impact weight loss might have on you’re life. Longer and happier life

8, What is you own personal target weight/BMI. 170 pounds

9, What is the realistic target/expected weight loss/BMI. 160 pounds

• Insurance :biggrin1: - about $500 out of pocket
  • Re-Mortgage
  • Loan
  • NHS (uk patients)
  • Savings

11, Do you consider the cost of your band justified or expensive. Yes, much cheaper than a lifetime of taking medication for health problems, not to mention doctor's visits and possibly hospital stays. Also much less likely to have to have joint replacement because of the reduced weight

12, How many fill’s/unfill’s have you had. 4 fills, 5cc I beleive

• Blind 3 fill's 2 unfill's
  • Under x-ray all 4 done under flouro

14, How much are you’re fill’s $15 co-pay through insurance

15, Does your surgeon do your fill’s or a fill provider. Surgeon or Physicians assistand done at his office

• N/A

17, Did you experience any complications/Difficulties. No

• N/A

19, what problems did you experience were they resolved and how was they resolved. N/A

20. Would you be banded again or chose another op. In a heartbeat. Best thing I have ever done. I feel like the band has saved my life or at the very least made it worth living.

Lap Band Poll

1, Date of banding. July 10, 2006

2, Weight/BMI on date of banding. 270 pounds, BMI 39.9

• Inamed 9.75cm, 4cc's fill

• Cosmetic
  • Health :) Poor Mobility and suffering low self esteem social isolation and sever depression.

5, Why the band and not Bypass or DS. Too afraid of the bypass. Didn't want my stomach rerouted and have heard of too many deaths and complications.

6, What were you’re expectations about the band. Everything I was told is what I expected and so far absolutely everything he told me happened. I expected weightloss, small bites, more limited diet and that's what I got.

7, What were you’re expectations about the impact weight loss might have on you’re life. I guess i just wanted to have better mobility be able to walk pain free, And take advantage of age appropreate clothing. improvement in self esteem.

8, What is you own personal target weight/BMI. 155 pounds, BMI 25

9, What is the realistic target/expected weight loss/BMI. same

• Insurance
  • Re-Mortgage
  • Loan
  • NHS (uk patients)
  • Savings 8500.00

11, Do you consider the cost of your band justified or expensive. Very reasonable.

12, How many fill’s/unfill’s have you had. 4 fill's

• Blind 2
  • Under x-ray 2

14, How much are you’re fill’s. 300.00 for first one and 150.00 after that.

15, Does your surgeon do your fill’s or a fill provider. Surgeon

• Wanted a specific surgeon I wanted Dr. Sanchez as he's done more than anyone in the world that I could find. 7000
  • Cost.

17, Did you experience any complications/Difficulties. NO

• 0 - 6 months
  • 6 - 12 months
  • 12 - 18 months
  • 18 -

19, what problems did you experience were they resolved and how was they resolved. None.

20. Would you be banded again or chose another op. Most definitely yes.