Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op-2 quesitons

Hello everyone. I had my sleeve march 8. Two questions. Since the evening of the 9th, i have had a pain across the top of my left shoulder to my ear. Not unbearable, but at time pretty bad. Gets worse when i try to take a deep breath. My surgeon had no answer for me as to what it may be. Possible the gas from surgery, but he says it should have passed by now.Anyone else have this prob? Also, for the first time i got a really good look at my incision sites. The largest one, where the stomache is removed from, had a really big dimple. Bigger than my belly button. Is this normal? Today was the first time i was able to keep anything but Water down. Yay!

I had pain in the middle of my chest and in my back and shoulders. I was told the pain in my chest was a stomach spasm take your meds. The back and shoulder pain is most likely gas walking helps a whole lot. The dimple I am not sure about.

I had the dimple in my stomach also, and my doctor told me it was normal, that it should go away. I never had the problem on my left side, but I have saw many posts about pain around the shoulder area.

Hello everyone. I had my sleeve march 8. Two questions. Since the evening of the 9th' date=' i have had a pain across the top of my left shoulder to my ear. Not unbearable, but at time pretty bad. Gets worse when i try to take a deep breath. My surgeon had no answer for me as to what it may be. Possible the gas from surgery, but he says it should have passed by now.Anyone else have this prob? Also, for the first time i got a really good look at my incision sites. The largest one, where the stomache is removed from, had a really big dimple. Bigger than my belly button. Is this normal? Today was the first time i was able to keep anything but Water down. Yay![/quote']

Yes it will get better I was sleeved on the 27 of feb and have just started to feel better walk walk and do more walking even if you think you walked enough walk more..I was In so much pain I couldn't take it but it will go away! Hope you get better!!

I did not have the pain you are describing but I did have the dimple and it definately goes away. It is where the stitch inside is pulling the skin down. My surgeon told me that one of his patients called him after surgery and said she had 2 "tater holes" in her stomach. We had a good laugh about it but it is weird to see when you don't expect it. I feel sure the pain will improve and may be muscle related due to your positioning during surgery. I am a nurse and we see that a lot. Good luck with it all! :)

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:6868]

yayyyy! youre on the road to recovery! Remember the Protein Drinks. You need the nutrition to help heal quicker.

Thanks everyone. I took a long nap and woke up much better! The pain in my shoulder is almost gone, and ive been able to eat some Soup and a Protein Shake without getting sick. Thanks again!

I have the exact same shoulder and excriating gas pain. It's really miserable. I am 7 days post op and I sure hope it clears up fast because I cant take much more. Hope you feel better soon!