Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First day of work exhausting!

Aahhh I started my first day back at work today and I have to say I've bad a day. I work in the ER non clinical and have been on my feet all day it seems. I mean I have a desk and all but I don't just sit their my whole shift. Feeling a bit of tension on stomach and I am only 2 weeks out. Not hungry been drinking all day pretty much.

What was ur first day of work like?

Im am an RN work in a rehab, my first day back at work after 3 weeks post op was so tiring. I was so busy and standing/walking most of the day, the lil time I had to do sit made my incision hurt!

Today was my first day back and I was exhausted. I'm a speech therapist and I work with kids in a home health setting. It was rough after 3 weeks off. Then to top it off got home to find out the hubby's truck died on him finally so we went in search of a new car. Got a good deal but now going to start making a payment we weren't planning on. Can you say stressed? Just want to get this week over with.

That's something I have thought a lot about. I'll probably have to get my doctor to give me a note to go on lite duty or something. I work full time in a deli and cafe. I have to bend, pull, lift 5-50lbs, and push for 9 hours. It's against health regulations to have food or drinks back there so I will only be aloud to drink something every two hours with a longer drag towards the end of my shift. Then there is the cafe, where you have to lean on your stomach to push half your body through a small window to get the food the customers want. Umm, will probably take pain meds before my shift starts when I get to that point.

Im am an RN work in a rehab' date=' my first day back at work after 3 weeks post op was so tiring. I was so busy and standing/walking most of the day, the lil time I had to do sit made my incision hurt![/quote']

That's exactly how I feel now. I thought I was good to go I was feeling so good.

Today was my first day back and I was exhausted. I'm a speech therapist and I work with kids in a home health setting. It was rough after 3 weeks off. Then to top it off got home to find out the hubby's truck died on him finally so we went in search of a new car. Got a good deal but now going to start making a payment we weren't planning on. Can you say stressed? Just want to get this week over with.

Oh I can only imagine ur day!!!! Wishing u a better day tomorrow. I don't think our bodies can handle any more stress that what it's been through. To top it off the desk height doesn't help it kept running against my stomach. Ouch!!

That's something I have thought a lot about. I'll probably have to get my doctor to give me a note to go on lite duty or something. I work full time in a deli and cafe. I have to bend' date=' pull, lift 5-50lbs, and push for 9 hours. It's against health regulations to have food or drinks back there so I will only be aloud to drink something every two hours with a longer drag towards the end of my shift. Then there is the cafe, where you have to lean on your stomach to push half your body through a small window to get the food the customers want. Umm, will probably take pain meds before my shift starts when I get to that point.[/quote']

Yes u will definitely need light duty!!! Please talk to them now and ask how long can u be on light duty at work? Just carrying my clip word with paper work felt uneasy.

That's something I have thought a lot about. I'll probably have to get my doctor to give me a note to go on lite duty or something. I work full time in a deli and cafe. I have to bend, pull, lift 5-50lbs, and push for 9 hours. It's against health regulations to have food or drinks back there so I will only be aloud to drink something every two hours with a longer drag towards the end of my shift. Then there is the cafe, where you have to lean on your stomach to push half your body through a small window to get the food the customers want. Umm, will probably take pain meds before my shift starts when I get to that point.

A woman who was in the hospital post-op when I was had a physical job like that (manager at a retail store and had to lift boxes and such) and the surgeon wrote her a note for 6 weeks off.